Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character feedback
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Travaler
I'm making a character for a PbP game and it is almost finished.
Looking for feedback

He is an assassin for hire that recently had to run away from his last job(in Israel) and now he's hiding in Seattle.

Thanks in advance
Travaler cyber.gif

Here is the Character so far
still have 35110¥ to spend on life style and other small stuff
still need background
still have 15BP to spend on Contacts (and with left over some twinkling)
still have 16BP to spend on KS and Languages
Still Need to Proof Math
[ Spoiler ]

Edit:Forgot to account for Oni cost so now its only 15 BP left over for Contacts
Ayeohx
First, what generator did you use to make this?

I may be wrong, but I think you're over cost on your Qualities. I think there's a 35/35 BP max.
Not sure what your BP Max is I think you're over 400BP.

You obviously spent some time on this guy stat wise and I think in character concept also. I think he'd find a tough life in my campaign because he's something of a freak. Even more than the usual Shadowrunner. His somewhat shocking appearance may cause a lot of trouble in the streets and at the negotiation table. That said, you've got some sweet role-playing possiblities here.
xsansara
Surge usually doesn't count towards the Quality max. but you are 5 over on your negative qualities. I guess you can reduce In Debt by 5 points without getting into trouble. 5k Nuyen per month is a lot of cash, given that you want to have a lifestyle as well (you haven't bought one so far). But that depends on your GM and his/her generosity.

As a GM, I would allow the character, if he fits the group. Not the right character to play street level or beginner/amateur type of games.

Concerning math: You have a typo for the Agility Max, so please check, if that means you have to pay another 15 for maxing Agility. I think so, but I may have overlooked something.

That aside, I think you have managed to min-max the character about perfectly. I have nothing to add smile.gif
Stingray
Ultrasound Sensor must be solitary implant..
(It is Head-ware,not Eye-ware)
Travaler
First, what generator did you use to make this?

Manual Input wobble.gif

I may be wrong, but I think you're over cost on your Qualities. I think there's a 35/35 BP max.
Not sure what your BP Max is I think you're over 400BP

Surge usually doesn't count towards the Quality max. but you are 5 over on your negative qualities. I guess you can reduce In Debt by 5 points without getting into trouble.

You are both correct... should have mentioned it but I start with 450BP and max attrib of 225 and qualities max ox of 40/40

5k Nuyen per month is a lot of cash, given that you want to have a lifestyle as well (you haven't bought one so far). But that depends on your GM and his/her generosity.

As far as life style I'm planing to get one (we are using the advance rules and I still need to go through them) and I still 35110¥ to invest so I think I'll be OK.
Now about the 5k¥ a month ...you make a good point and I'll confer with my GM in that regard thanks

You obviously spent some time on this guy stat wise and I think in character concept also

Took me part of Friday to conceptualize and all Saturday to build him so far spin.gif

His somewhat shocking appearance may cause a lot of trouble in the streets and at the negotiation table. That said, you've got some sweet role-playing possibilities here.

Well that is part the reason that he avoided the garish obvious Implant and always try to look as respectable as possible (wears a fancy suit and such) cyber.gif

Concerning math: You have a typo for the Agility Max, so please check, if that means you have to pay another 15 for maxing Agility. I think so, but I may have overlooked something.

I have an AGI max of 7 from my "Metagenetic Improvement(AGI)" which adds a point to my AGI and increases it's max by one.
so I started with 2 AGI spent 40 BP to get it to 6 and with my "Muscle Toner R4" it's augmented to 10 ..did I miss something?

That aside, I think you have managed to min-max the character about perfectly. I have nothing to ad

I really wasn't trying to Min/Max him (except to avoid going over max I was just building him to my concept ,if I wanted him min max I wouldn't choose Oni for instance as he costs 5BP more then a regular Ork and all I get is more complication for it nyahnyah.gif )....is he really min/maxed did I cheese him?...Maybe I'll go over him again and see .

Ultrasound Sensor must be solitary implant..

are you sure?? it's listed under vision enhancements so I though that since it has a Capacity cost I can add it to my Cybereyes after all I can put it in contact lenses.

Thanks you guys/gals for all the feedback cyber.gif

Stingray
QUOTE (Travaler @ Apr 26 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Manual Input wobble.gif

You are both correct... should have mentioned it but I start with 450BP and max attrib of 225 and qualities max ox of 40/40

As far as life style I'm planing to get one (we are using the advance rules and I still need to go through them) and I still 35110¥ to invest so I think I'll be OK.
Now about the 5k¥ a month ...you make a good point and I'll confer with my GM in that regard thanks

Took me part of Friday to conceptualize and all Saturday to build him so far spin.gif

Well that is part the reason that he avoided the garish obvious Implant and always try to look as respectable as possible (wears a fancy suit and such) cyber.gif

I have an AGI max of 7 from my "Metagenetic Improvement(AGI)" which adds a point to my AGI and increases it's max by one.
so I started with 2 AGI spent 40 BP to get it to 6 and with my "Muscle Toner R4" it's augmented to 10 ..did I miss something?

I really wasn't trying to Min/Max him (except to avoid going over max I was just building him to my concept ,if I wanted him min max I wouldn't choose Oni for instance as he costs 5BP more then a regular Ork and all I get is more complication for it nyahnyah.gif )....is he really min/maxed did I cheese him?...Maybe I'll go over him again and see .

are you sure?? it's listed under vision enhancements so I though that since it has a Capacity cost I can add it to my Cybereyes after all I can put it in contact lenses.

Thanks you guys/gals for all the feedback cyber.gif

.. rules said it sensors can be added to cyberlimbs(capasity) or straight to head (essence). eyes are not limbs.. cyber.gif
Travaler
.. rules said it sensors can be added to cyberlimbs(capasity) or straight to head (essence). eyes are not limbs.. cyber.gif

hmmm...do you have a page reference??
Stingray
QUOTE (Travaler @ Apr 26 2009, 08:50 PM) *
hmmm...do you have a page reference??

no books with me now,but beginning of the cyberware-section..althought some GM's allow
implant commlinks to cyberlimbs (commlinks are listed as headware..hmm) talk to your GM..
saving money: contact lenses with Ultrasound
Ayeohx
It's in SR4A, not sure about SR4.
It's found in the headware table and the headware heading.

"Ultrasound Sensor 0.3 [2] 10 6,000¥"
Glyph
Of course, confusing the issue is the fact that one of the archetypes, the bounty hunter, does have it as a cybereye enhancement. Did they finally fix that in SR4A?
Stingray
QUOTE (Glyph @ Apr 27 2009, 10:25 AM) *
Of course, confusing the issue is the fact that one of the archetypes, the bounty hunter, does have it as a cybereye enhancement. Did they finally fix that in SR4A?

look at topic SR4A and Ultrasound Sensor....It is listed as Vision Enchantment but it is Headware...sight...it looks like GM can decide it..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012