Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Touristville Redmond
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mr.Platinum
I would like to have all the dumpshockers share what information they Have about this wonderfull area.

Please no HiJacking of a thread.
RedmondLarry
Touristville on the maps (New Seattle p. 60) is just NW of the junction of Hwy 908 (Redmond Way) and Hwy 202 (Woodinville-Redmond Road outside of town, but 164th Avenue in town). Yahoo Map (zoom to setting 2 or 1 on the map). This is the oldest part of downtown Redmond today.

The Seattle Sourcebook (map p. 169) placed it a little farther north, centered on where the WizKids retail store is located today. Photo of store.

Touristville is that part of Redmond where tour buses take tourists to see what the tour guides call "The Barrens". It is a civilized place (at least compared to the barrens), located on the edge of the Redmond Barrens. Touristville tours "to the Barrens" operate much like Big Rhino Restaurant is the launching point for tours into "the Ork Underground". It shows the tourists just enough to make them think they've been there and know what its like. What they are really seeing are the slummers from Bellevue who have come to the "Barrens" to experience the thrill and hang out at sleazy clubs. Lonestar does patrol Touristville, but if you go there you should pack your own heat.

A scene in Missing Blood (part of Universal Brotherhood) on page 16 describes touristville as follows:
Most of the buildings on this street are run-down. Some houses are boarded up, but you see fires glowing through the cracks. Windborne garbage floats gently down the sidewalk while deckheads engrossed in their own reality wander aimlessly through gaggles of tourists staring in embarrassed fascination.
Shanshu Freeman
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)

Hey guys, do you think the horrors are behind what's going on in Touristville? How might Dunkie's will relate to Redmond?

rollin.gif
Kagetenshi
Honestly, including something like that, you're really just asking for it...

~J
toturi
IT, IT, IT and more ITs...
moosegod
Cops will actually show there. Just well armed. And you still need protection, either yourself or a bodygaurd.
DV8
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
I would like to have all the dumpshockers share what information they Have about this wonderfull area.

I suggest reading these snippets of information about the Seattle Barrens. It's great flavour material and mentions Redmond as well as Touristville.

Wishful thinking.
toturi
Hijack, hijack, hijack...oops maybe I shouldn't use hijack so much after 9/11...Big Brother may be watching...
Phaeton
ohplease.gif biggrin.gif nyahnyah.gif @ Toturi.
Nath
Anybody has rules for playing in Touristville with the D20 system ?
kevyn668
Shanshu Freeman Posted on Jan 16 2004, 12:15 AM
  QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)

Hey guys, do you think the horrors are behind what's going on in Touristville? How might Dunkie's will relate to Redmond?

Somebody call for an "IT"??

Large Mike

To quote a certain green-haired puke: I pwnzor your d20 playing ass.

Get your d20 taint out of my forums. And by my, I mean not mine. But get it out anyways.
kevyn668
Nath Posted on Jan 16 2004, 10:01 PM
  Anybody has rules for playing in Touristville with the D20 system ? 

Well, since there are no D20 rules for Shadowrun at large, I'd assume there's none for Touristville.

Why don't you give it a try w/ the system thats in place?
Fortune
QUOTE (kevyn668 @ Jan 17 2004, 12:30 PM)
Well, since there are no D20 rules for Shadowrun at large...

Actually, there are at least a couple of sets of rules for D20 Shadowrun 'at large'. That none of them are considered official has absolutely no bearing on the fact that such things are available.
Mr.Platinum
Damnit you bastard jacked it with stupid d20 shit. talker.gif
Nath
QUOTE (Mr.Platinum)
Damnit you bastard jacked it with stupid d20 shit. talker.gif

T'was soooo easy rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012