Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Singel Cybereyes questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Travaler
I noticed that all the Single Cyber eye have exactly half the Capacity of a regular set of two eyes ....does that mean that if you buy components in it you half their [capacity] size since it is marked for two eyes.

And on that note since the prices are for two eyes do you half it when you install it in a single eye only?

and last one ....if you put a single cyber eye in a cyber limb or torso ....does it still cost you Essence or would it take Capacity and if the latter then how much ?
Draco18s
Likely adding a cybereye to a limb would cost the limb capacity, but not cost essence. And no, a mage would not be able to use that eye for casting spells, IMO.
Caadium
QUOTE (Travaler @ Apr 28 2009, 09:05 PM) *
I noticed that all the Single Cyber eye have exactly half the Capacity of a regular set of two eyes ....does that mean that if you buy components in it you half their [capacity] size since it is marked for two eyes.

No, the capacity is the same for a single eye or for a pair of eyes. The reason for this is because you have to put the augmentation into both eyes otherwise your depth perception and quite possibly balance will be completely thrown off. Remember, your brain takes the images from both eyes and puts them together, and this is how you determine depth perception.

I know a person in real life who had Lasik surgery. Since she was in her 50s she chose to do something odd; each eye was done to correct for something different. One eye was corrected for distance, the other for close stuff. She had to spend a couple weeks wearing special glasses just to function as her brain became used to the different inputs. She however had poor depth perception as a consequence, and things that were harder to see she often had to close one eye (the one not appropriate for the distance she was looking at) in order to be able to see it since the blurriness of the other vision caused her to be unable to focus.

That being said, I can't imagine what Low-light in one eye and thermo in another would do to my poor brain. For that reason, you put low-light and thermo into both eyes. Yes, redundancy is key here.
Travaler
well this questions arised from me wanting to have a 3rd Eye with Ocular Drone (and other upgrades) and have it connected to my tail (Changeling balance tail) so the issue of having something only in one eye and not both is mutt on that. (my two regular eyes are fully loaded )

(see Character feedback for info on the character "http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=26292")
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Travaler @ Apr 29 2009, 01:10 AM) *
well this questions arised from me wanting to have a 3rd Eye with Ocular Drone (and other upgrades) and have it connected to my tail (Changeling balance tail) so the issue of having something only in one eye and not both is mutt on that. (my two regular eyes are fully loaded )

(see Character feedback for info on the character "http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=26292")

You can get the third eye in the tail. It will just cost Essence. Now rather than have a balance tail you will want a prehensile tail. Otherwise you can't control it and an eye there will be useless.
Travaler
good point ...though the main use of the Eye will be as a drone or a spy eye .....maybe somewhere els on my body...like back of the head or what ever....the questions still remain though

1.whats the Capacity cost of "half" a component?
2.whats the price of "half" the component?
3"how much Capacity a single eye take if it is installed in a cyber limb (just in case I will use it in a different
character with cyber arms)?
Caadium
QUOTE (Travaler @ Apr 28 2009, 10:18 PM) *
good point ...though the main use of the Eye will be as a drone or a spy eye .....maybe somewhere els on my body...like back of the head or what ever....the questions still remain though

3"how much Capacity a single eye take if it is installed in a cyber limb (just in case I will use it in a different

1. There is no capacity cost for half the component. A pair of eyes needs the full component in each eye. Hence the capacity of a component in a single eye is the same. (hence my above example).

2. You might have an argument that you could cut the cost, but I'd say no in my games. The cost is the same since they are all manufactured in pairs (expecting a person to need them for a pair). So, most docs will require you to pay for the one they have to throw away.

3. I don't know. It might be in Augmentation somewhere, I'd have to look. However, as I'm busy making my own character for that game I don't have time. wink.gif
Travaler
QUOTE (Caadium @ Apr 28 2009, 11:22 PM) *
1. There is no capacity cost for half the component. A pair of eyes needs the full component in each eye. Hence the capacity of a component in a single eye is the same. (hence my above example).

2. You might have an argument that you could cut the cost, but I'd say no in my games. The cost is the same since they are all manufactured in pairs (expecting a person to need them for a pair). So, most docs will require you to pay for the one they have to throw away.

3. I don't know. It might be in Augmentation somewhere, I'd have to look. However, as I'm busy making my own character for that game I don't have time. wink.gif

1.then why does the single eye have half the Capacity..under your assumption it should have the same capacity

2.as far as what I think it should be then I think it should be a little over half price (just like a single eye costs a little more the half a pair of eyes).

3.I looked in that book and couldn't find any reference to how it should be handled only that it can be done (as in: you can put a single eye in a cyber limb)

thanks and I can wait for my answers as tis will be something I will do in game and not in character creations and the game GM will decide in the end (obviously)
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Travaler @ Apr 29 2009, 01:18 AM) *

1 & 2: I would say that it would be 1/2 of the normal cost and capacity. The doc might just charge a 10% surcharge for the "unique" circumstance of a single eye augmentation.

3: Single cybereyes always cost Essence, as shown by the lack of [] in the chart for single eyes.
eidolon
I think you're doing it for "cool as shit" factor, so feel free to completely ignore this, but if the main purpose is so that the eye can be used as a spy drone, why not just get an Fly Spy and not have to worry about all this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012