Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trauma Dampener & Stim Patches
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Writer
I know this must have come up already, but I couldn't find it.
Does the Trauma Dampener negate the Stun damage from Stim patches?
Uli
I suppose since the extra box of stun damage from the patch is unresisted, the damper doesn't work against it. But I've got no source to back it up.
darthmord
Trauma Damper by RAW doesn't care what the source of damage is. It works whenever you receive damage.

I would have to say that it works its magic against all sources of damage as long as other 'ware doesn't override it (like the Pain Editor does).
Writer
If anyone is concerned about any downside, I'm sure plenty of GMs are waiting for that addiction test. I mean, if there isn't a downside to the high of a stim patch, no crash, just a fading out, well, that is just an addiction waiting to happen, even if it is only mental. On the other hand, Trauma Dampeners aren't cheap.
darthmord
QUOTE (Writer @ Apr 29 2009, 12:22 PM) *
On the other hand, Trauma Dampeners aren't cheap.

Just 40k nuyen and a little slice of your soul. cyber.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (darthmord @ Apr 29 2009, 11:17 AM) *

A pittance really...
KCKitsune
QUOTE (darthmord @ Apr 29 2009, 02:17 PM) *

Essence isn't your soul. It's just the connection between your soul and your body.

That's the reason you can get a cyberzombie or vampire. They don't destroy the soul... they just make an unnatural connection between the meat and the soul.
darthmord
KCK, you are thinking about it just a little too hard.

Tym got it.

Besides, how many characters within SR self-label themselves as soulless monsters if they have a lot of chrome?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012