Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Skinned Orks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Backgammon
Anyone else notice how in the new SR4A art most of the orks have green skin? Somebody should pass the memo out to the artists that orks do not have green skin in Shadowrun...
Machiavelli
Hobgoblins do, arent´t they? But never forget....f***ng WoW is everywhere....*argh* ^^
toturi
psst.... Orks don't have...

WAAAARGH!!!
LamplightSlasher
Got any page numbers? Just going through my own copy and they all look like varying shades of gray flesh. Like the Hacker on page 105, or the full page spread on page 76.
Machiavelli
Doin´quite the same at the moment but at least until page 145 i haven´t found any green orks. Ugly ones...a lot, ok. ^^
Machiavelli
Double post alarm: found one. Page 218 AND 248/249. Damn...he´s right.
GreyBrother
Huh? Wasn't green a possible color for Orkskin in SR3?
Chrysalis
Shoot. I thought all orcs were green skinned. Problems with them being half plant and half lizard.
Stahlseele
*Snickers* Coolest Orks ever ^^
But in Shadowrun, Orks and Trolls and Elves and dwarves ain't limited to the skin colours humans can have.
they get those and then some, as far as i know O.o
Fix-it
IIRC, Ork skin shade can be anywhere from light grey, to olive-green. I don't have a ref for that though.
eidolon
Not to mention that half the world's population is into body modification. Skin pigmentation/replacement/etc. is pretty commonplace.

If I were in the SR world I'd look like a mage I statted up for FtCII. Bright blue skin with glowing nanotattoos and a fiber-optic mohawk. biggrin.gif
InfinityzeN
Orkz do to got WAAAARGH!!!

"Me an'da boyz, we gon'na go'in darz an' chop 'dem humez up!"

Sidenote: Now I want to build a Bigbozz Ork in SR4...
ShadowPavement
A friend of mine once played an orc mage with black skin with glowing blue circuitry nanotats all over his body.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ShadowPavement @ May 2 2009, 04:28 PM) *
A friend of mine once played an orc mage with black skin with glowing blue circuitry nanotats all over his body.

Tron-tiful.
Ancient History
Man, those hobgoblins need to stop peeling rippers.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 2 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Tron-tiful.

that too, but i think in this context WHG40K Psyker-Stuff was meant.

Yeah, building a Big-Mek or something like that would be awesome ^^
but it would probably have to be a Troll to emulate an Ork like that O.o
blindfox
grinbig.gif gitcha shootas and ya choppas boyz, we's gonna have us a propa WAAAAUUUGH! grinbig.gif
ICPiK
I think a mega armor ork would be classic. Power choppa armor with a grenade chucka upgrade and a shootier with a burna attached would be a well placed combat monster. Ok seriously where are my character sheets. LMAO
HappyDaze
If you could start with a munitions-loading exoskeleton - was that SR or Mechwarrior? - then weld on everything A-Team-style, you'd be on the path to mega-armour.
Lordmalachdrim
I don't know about SR 4 but in:

SR 3 pg 47 skin color is Pinkish-white to ebony
SR 2 pg 37 skin color ranges from pale pink to ebony
Draco18s
QUOTE (ICPiK @ May 2 2009, 11:40 PM) *
Power choppa armor

Don't forget to give it more dakka and paint it red.
eidolon
QUOTE (Lordmalachdrim @ May 2 2009, 10:04 PM) *
I don't know about SR 4 but in:

SR 3 pg 47 skin color is Pinkish-white to ebony
SR 2 pg 37 skin color ranges from pale pink to ebony

Yeah, when you'z born. Den you goze and gets da tats, and da metal, and da spikes, and da pretty colorz. Who wantsta look like a breeder, anywayz?
Larsine
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 3 2009, 06:07 AM) *
Don't forget to give it more dakka and paint it red.

It has to be the right red, the go-fasta-red, otherwise it doesn't work.

Lars
eidolon
QUOTE (Larsine @ May 3 2009, 04:04 AM) *
It has to be the right red, the go-fasta-red, otherwise it doesn't work.

Lars

And you have to buy the official GW go-fasta-red, and apply it with an official GW brush.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (eidolon @ May 3 2009, 06:56 AM) *
Yeah, when you'z born. Den you goze and gets da tats, and da metal, and da spikes, and da pretty colorz. Who wantsta look like a breeder, anywayz?

WAAAAGH! An' den youz go stomp da pinky humies whoze thinks dat da Orks look like pink and squishy gits with your shiny new Cybork body.

On a more serious note, while I like the Warhammer (40K) Orks I also appreciate the IIRC unique approach in SR as part of Metahumanity. As such I don't mind the orks not being green without mods or paint. A while back there was the Orxploitation subculture in SR fluff so why shouldn't there be a group of orks that want to look like fantasy orks in the 2070ies. If a group wants their orks or a certain indivdual to be green, just go ahead. It's not like someone wants to introduce flying trolls or some such nonsense.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ May 3 2009, 02:40 PM) *
As such I don't mind the orks not being green without mods or paint. A while back there was the Orxploitation subculture in SR fluff so why shouldn't there be a group of orks that want to look like fantasy orks in the 2070ies. If a group wants their orks or a certain indivdual to be green, just go ahead.

It's like Elves and Sperethial (or however it's spelled).

For those who don't know, Sperethial is the language elves made up based on Tolkien's eleven speech.
eidolon
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka)
As such I don't mind the orks not being green without mods or paint.

Absolutely not, it's good that different games have different takes. I was originally just responding to the notion that the ork being green was "wrong" somehow.
InfinityzeN
Hummm... heavy milspec armor, pow'wa claw and burna (ok, vibro sword with custom look and flame thrower) on one arm, big shoota with more daka (ok, just a machine gun) on the other arm, move and strength boost...

Yea, we gonna build use an 800BP warboss for the thread. Might have to make him a troll though to get the right size.
Method
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ May 3 2009, 10:40 AM) *
It's not like someone wants to introduce flying trolls or some such nonsense.
Now you're talkin!! biggrin.gif
ICPiK
Some of the coolest looking orks i can imagine in 207x would probably be Scraacha. Lot of tribal design from the cascade orks smuggling with t-birds. We recently had a deal with them to get out some hijacked truck loads of loot and they were awesome.
Dakka Dakka
Got a picture for reference?
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 3 2009, 01:49 PM) *

For those who don't know, Sperethial is the language elves made up based on Tolkien's eleven speech.

Read the Tir Source book, it (now weather fasa used that as a basis for the words I don't recall) the language is not based on a modern language. It has various aspects to that inidicated it was an ancient language. There are even references to different dialects older thanthe curren form.

Green orks---hey they could have surged too and gotten the ability to convert sunlight to food. It is in the RC. smile.gif
Stahlseele
Hey, Yeah, SR4 Orks CAN be part Plant like in WH40K O.o
BlueMax
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 3 2009, 10:49 AM) *

Clarification please. Is this from a sourcebook? is it speculation? Is it an in character attack?

BlueMax
/from me, it would be option #3
Stahlseele
No, Sperethiel is officially OLD as fuck. If we can get Ancients History, he will probably tell us how old he wrote it ^^
And as of SR4 with the Or-Zet there is an Orkish equivalent.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 4 2009, 10:11 AM) *
No, Sperethiel is officially OLD as fuck. If we can get Ancients History, he will probably tell us how old he wrote it ^^

I thought so about Dandelion tongue.
At our table, we say that Trolls and Orks speak "Pasta". And just about every third player speaks it.

BlueMax
/someone should get the joke.
// or is it really that bad?
ICPiK
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ May 4 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Got a picture for reference?

Wish i did chummer it's all up here wobble.gif
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Draco18s @ May 3 2009, 01:49 PM) *

As noted by others, Sperethiel is an ancient language, dating back to at least the post-Scourge Fourth World. In modern linguistic terms it is a language isolate with multiple dialects. It has some connections to the Goidelic languages, but not enough to be considered part of the same language family.
The Sixth World dialects of Sperethiel include:
  • "standard" Sperethiel – presumably the version spoken in Tir Tairngire
  • Eireann-Sperethiel – from the high court of Tír na nÓg
  • Gaelic Sperethiel – the most common version in Tír na nÓg
  • ancient Sperethiel – the form dating to pre-Scourge Fourth World (or older)
  • Australiaian Sperethiel – Not much known, but its existence implies there may also be a Wakyambi-Sperethiel
See:
Chrysalis
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ May 4 2009, 09:30 PM) *
As noted by others, Sperethiel is an ancient language, dating back to at least the post-Scourge Fourth World. In modern linguistic terms it is a language isolate with multiple dialects. It has some connections to the Goidelic languages, but not enough to be considered part of the same language family.
The Sixth World dialects of Sperethiel include:
  • "standard" Sperethiel – presumably the version spoken in Tir Tairngire
  • Eireann-Sperethiel – from the high court of Tír na nÓg
  • Gaelic Sperethiel – the most common version in Tír na nÓg
  • ancient Sperethiel – the form dating to pre-Scourge Fourth World (or older)
  • Australiaian Sperethiel – Not much known, but its existence implies there may also be a Wakyambi-Sperethiel
See:

You know I just the morning going through the terms Ancient had on his site trying to identify the etymology of the terms. Most of it though is Tolkien in origin, at least one Greek and two Latin cognates. I also noticed that the phrases and some lexemes are artificially flowery. I also noticed that some compounds had reversals compared with English and some did not. A further deconstruction would be a fascinating start to a journal article on constructed fantasy languages.

-Chrysalis
paws2sky
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 4 2009, 01:11 PM) *

For the purposes of my home game(s), which doesn't acknowledge the Earthdawn time line, both languages are relatively recent constructs.
  • Though the elves of the Tir nations and many elven scholars claim otherwise, Sperethiel is heavily derived from Tolken's elven languages. Elven revisionists claim that Tolken discovered and translated the languages form ancient texts. This is taken as fact in both Tir nations and is taught as part of their history curriculum.
  • Or'zet, on the other hand, receives relatively little fuss because no one is trying to re-write history. After an initial stir when the Or'zet Codex was released, things quickly calmed down. Ultimately, no one seems to mind that its probably manufactured because orks and trolls sound badass when they talk shit in Or'zet. Score one for mass media. For what its worth, the original Or'zet Codex disappeared years ago and hasn't been seen since. Or'zet is easier for people with tusks to speak. Its also strikingly similar to Klingon.

biggrin.gif

-paws
Stahlseele
*snickers*
oy vey ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012