Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mist Form and Cyberware?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JesterX
If an infected character such as a vampire possess some cyber (Delta), what happens to it when he transforms into Mist Form?
pbangarth
The same thing that happens to his clothes? *thud*
merashin
i would assume they would transform with him, because they are part of his aura.
Daishi
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 3 2009, 01:02 AM) *
The same thing that happens to his clothes? *thud*

Clothes don't cost essence. If you pay the essence, it's part of you. The cyber comes along.
Stahlseele
Doesn't Regeneration kick out any kind of cyber anyway?
Wiggles Von Beerchuggin'
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 3 2009, 08:15 AM) *
Doesn't Regeneration kick out any kind of cyber anyway?

Well, shapeshifters with Regeneration can only accept deltaware. I'm not sure if that applies to every character with Regeneration though.
Stahlseele
Isn't that Deltaware BIOWARE only?
and no Cyber at all? o.O
Wiggles Von Beerchuggin'
Most enhancement technologies available to metahumans
are also available to animals at similar Essence and nuyen costs.
Shapeshifter characters, however, face several disadvantages
when considering augmentation: their Regeneration power
heals incisions rapidly, Shift rejects any foreign matter, and any
loss of Essence will cause them to lose Magic—which could
potentially cause them to be stuck in critter form permanently.
Modern science can circumvent certain of these restrictions
using specially-formulated materials and surgical techniques—
for a price.
In practice, this means that shapeshifters can only accept
deltaware implants, and only in their natural animal forms. These
implants do not carry over to their human form, but they don’t
disappear either—they’re simply not available while the character
is in human form

Runner's Companion, pg 87.
Stahlseele
hmm, doesn't say wether or not that means only bio . . and why the hell can they get upgraded in critter form only? x.x
that would mean that vampires, lacking critter form, can not get implants . . strictly reading . .
Andinel
Delta is available for all forms of augmentation. There's no restriction on cyber or bio at all.

Runner's Companion p.77 says directly that Infected with the Regeneration power (i.e. vampires) can only accept deltaware implants, and also that they can't get genetech at all.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 3 2009, 02:18 AM) *
hmm, doesn't say wether or not that means only bio . . and why the hell can they get upgraded in critter form only? x.x
that would mean that vampires, lacking critter form, can not get implants . . strictly reading . .

It is the 'mist form' that gets to me. I can see cyberware attached to an animal form leg.... but to mist? I didn't recall the stricture in RC p. 87. That certainly limits shapeshifters. Do cyberlimbs change or stay animal form, then? Having a canine-form cyberleg for an arm could be a bit hard to hide.
eidolon
I'd apply the "Is this stupid?" test.

I have a cool character that's a vampire that can change into mist form. I paid BP (resources) for some cyberware that I could use when I'm not in mist form.

Question: Does my cyberware fall out on the ground when I go into mist form?

Test: Is this stupid? Result: Yes.

Answer: No, it does not fall out on the ground when I go into mist form.

So if there's something saying "vampires can't get cyberware," that's one thing, but if not: "Is this stupid?"
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (eidolon @ May 3 2009, 08:37 AM) *

I have a cool character that's a vampire that can change into mist form. I paid BP (resources) for some cyberware that I could use when I'm not in mist form.

Question: Does my cyberware fall out on the ground when I go into mist form?

Test: Is this stupid? Result: Yes.

Answer: No, it does not fall out on the ground when I go into mist form.

So if there's something saying "vampires can't get cyberware," that's one thing, but if not: "Is this stupid?"

Well Put... I use the "Is this a Stupid Result" Test a lot myself...
Draco18s
QUOTE (eidolon @ May 3 2009, 11:37 AM) *

Question:

Does cyberware stay visible through critter shapeshifting?
(does getting Move By Wire as a drake mean that the dracoform doesn't have a nevous system?)
Is this stupid: Yes.

Answer: No. If a critter with shapeshifting gets cyber it only effects that form.

Followup question:
Could then a wolf-shifter get one kind of augmentation in animal form and a different one in the same place in human form?
Is this stupid? Probably.

Answer: while you'd be paying essence twice, I don't see an issue with it.

OTOH you can limit a shifter's implantation to only one form (i.e. base critter) such the same way Drakes are limited (dracoform cannot receive augmentations). Other form is un-scared by the implantation process.
Is that stupid? Probably. But it's a legitimate limitation for shifters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012