Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pixie lifespan?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Larme
Is there any source that gives a pixie's life span? Do they even keep track, or are they too naked and carefree to keep track of birthdays? If we don't know specifics, do we at least have a general idea of whether they live longer or shorter than humans? Do they age, or do they keep looking youthful until their life ends and they suffer Vanishment? Sorry if it's been covered already, but I didn't find the answer with a search.

EDIT: Also, do they speak their native language in their tribes, or are there some tribes that speak a human language only?
Ancient History
This is not-at-all-official, but:
[ Spoiler ]

Not a lot has been revealed about Pixie social groups and settlements, but probably there are some that speak the Pixie "native" language and others that speak exclusively modern metahuman languages.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 4 2009, 07:11 PM) *
[ Spoiler ]

Not a lot has been revealed about Pixie social groups and settlements, but probably there are some that speak the Pixie "native" language and others that speak exclusively modern metahuman languages.

Perfect... Kinda what I was thinking myself...nice to know that I was on the right track...
toturi
It just occured to me that an elderly pixie could be training a young human in magic until the young human asked about his parentage and the pixie disappearing after saying,"Your father Vader is."

biggrin.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Cute...
KCKitsune
QUOTE (toturi @ May 4 2009, 09:54 PM) *
It just occured to me that an elderly pixie could be training a young human in magic until the young human asked about his parentage and the pixie disappearing after saying,"Your father Vader is."

biggrin.gif

"Much lawyers I sense! Money they will take! Happy Lucas will be!" grinbig.gif
HappyDaze
nice to know that I was on the right track...

You're on a track, but not necessarily the right track. Pixies may differ from windlings in a good number of ways - if you even accept the ED crossover as fact for your game.
Windling
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ May 4 2009, 10:52 PM) *
You're on a track, but not necessarily the right track. Pixies may differ from windlings in a good number of ways - if you even accept the ED crossover as fact for your game.

I have to agree that some of it had me scratching my head b/c I thought that pixie = windling was where the SR developers were headed. There are a couple big differences between the two groups. Some could be explained away as not at the right magic levels to fully display. (If you're trying to make the ED / SR crossover work.) At least one makes no sense for a "lower" magic level in modern day compared to the windlings in ED.
TeOdio
To answer the question, I believe I would have the same aversion to Pixies as I had to Windlings, so in my game if you are playing a Pixie, and aren't cloned humans of Frank Black or Kim Deal, expect the lifespan to be about fifteen seconds.
nuyen.gif is the root of all devil.gif
Larme
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 4 2009, 09:11 PM) *
[ Spoiler ]

Thanks for the info. I guess there's no guarantee that pixies are the same as windlings, but at least it's a general figure. I mean, I literally had no clue if they lived for 10 years, or were immortal. Having the general idea that they probably live longer than people, but not nearly forever, makes sense.
MrTim
QUOTE (Windling @ May 4 2009, 09:03 PM) *
There are a couple big differences between the two groups. Some could be explained away as not at the right magic levels to fully display. (If you're trying to make the ED / SR crossover work.) At least one makes no sense for a "lower" magic level in modern day compared to the windlings in ED.

That being?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012