Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer and Custom Stream Help
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WyldKnight
(I spelled sure wrong in the title...wow...thats a great way to start things here.)

Ok so I am somewhat new to shadowrun. The characters I have made so far were pretty newbish (a street sam and a basic combat mage) so now I'm moving onto something a bit harder to make, a technomancer. First off my GM is using the Complex Form rules from Unwired which is why they all cost 3. I wish he also used the Char * 2 for contacts but hey we cant get everything we want. Besides needing help with the technomancer I also had an idea for my own stream that needs help fleshing out. So here is the basic build for my techno so far.

Name: Akachi Akinsanya
Race: Wakyambi
Special: Technomancer

Stats 150
Race 35
Edge 10
Res 70
Skills 138
Know and Lang 27 free points for these, unspent
Pos Qualities: 10
Neg Qualities: 35
Resources: 11
Contacts: 0 but I have 11 points left over for them.

Stats:
BO: 2
AG: 3
RE: 3
ST: 1
CH: 4
IN: 4
LO: 5
WI: 4
ED: 2
RES: 5

Skills:
Cracking 4
Electronics 3
Compiling (Paladin) 5 (7)
Registering (Crack) 4 (6)
Pistols (Semi automatics) 3 (5)
First Aid (Combat Wounds) 1 (3)
Negotiation (Diplomacy) 2 (4)

Knowledge and Language Skills I'm not sure about yet. Need more help here.

Positive Qs:
Technomancer (Ethernaut)
Paragon (Zero One)

Negative Qs:
Wanted
Day Job (20hrs)
Allergy (Uncommon, Severe)

Complex Forms:
Common - Analyze, Scan
Hacking - Attack, Armor, Shield, Decrpyt, ECCM, Exploit, Stealth, Spoof.

Armor:
Globetrotter Camo Vest
Vitals Protector
Syn. Long Coat (for when he needs to look "fancy")
Assorted Normal Clothes
Few good suits
Clubbing clothes.

Weapons:
Ares Viper Slivergun
- Gecko Grip
- Therm. Suppressor
- Smartgun
- Elec. Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Melee Hardening

300 rounds Flechette Rounds
10x empty clips

Ruger Thunderbolt + 400 for intergral smartgun
- Sound Suppressor
- Therm. Suppressor
- Additional Clip (Stick n Shock)

200 Reg. Rounds
130 Stick-n-Shock Rounds
18x empty clips

2x quick draw holsters
2x Concealable holsters

Gear:
Novatech Airware/Iris Orb
AR gloves.

Medkit R6
5x Medkit supplies
5x Trauma Patches

Glasses - Smartlink, Vision Enhancement 3, Flare Comp, Vis Mag.
Earbuds - Audio Enhancement 3, Spatial Recognizer

Software Shop Tools

Vehicle:
Honda Spirit - Gridlink Override, Engine Cust. (Speed/Acceleration), Run flat tires, ejection seats.

Contacts: Have yet to be bought.

Lifestyle: This lifestyle is being split with a second technomancer in the group who is specializing in drones.

Comforts: 2
Entertaintment: 2
Necessities: 3
Neighborhood: 2
Security: 3

Pos Qs:
Resonance Well, Free Access, Workplace, Inconspicous Housing

Neg Qs:
Rough Neighborhood, No Forwarding Address, Worse Neighbors, Nosy Neighbors, No Privacy 1, Trigger Happy Landlord.

Note: I know I barely took any common use programs, even the useful ones. I was thinking that I could use sprites to take up most of that slack and some of the more useful common forms can be copied and improved by different sprite powers. Also he got a commlink and AR gloves so he would look like any other person. He is still pretty paranoid about how others may treat him.

As for the Stream this is what I have so far. I have a beginning, an end, but I'm lacking a middle. I'm also working on a Network but thats not nearly finished enough to even show.

Ethernauts
Fading: Intuition + Resonance
Sprites: Code, Crack, Courier, Sleuth, Paladin

Taking their name from an old pre-matrix technology the Ethernauts are explorers of the Matrix and its deepest realms. To Ethernauts, the Matrix is the greatest bastion of information both known and unknown but it is not merely a library of metahumanity. It is a living breathing entity filled with the hopes and dreams of millions of users world wide who pour themselves into the Endless Black. Ethernauts believe they are not only explorers of the digital wild but also its protectors and many call them Matrix preservationists. As they discover more about the Matrix Ethernauts believe they also discover more about themselves and through this become more in tune with their digital environment. Many also believe that once they have discovered and come to understand enough of the Matrix they will be able to understand the will of the Resonance and the greater plan they believe it has for all of its children. While they do have a very spiritual view of they abilities Ethernauts also pay attention to cold hard facts and view everything with a spiritual eye but a logical mind.

Ethernauts fall somewhere between scientist and shaman as they navigate the Endless Black, each node a star, every nexus a constellation with which they guide their path to digital enlightenment.

So anyone willing to help?
GreyBrother
That Stream of yours seems more like a Network to me. But i like the Idea since it reminds me off the Mage the Ascension Ethernauts
Caadium
Regarding your stream there are 2 things that jump out at me:

How do Ethernauts view sprites?

What about an explorer, charting the vast unkowns that are the Matrix is a Paladin sprite? I know they are popular, but based on the write-up you've provided I'd swap it for Data. This would also have you using 2 of the Unwired sprites, which is the max used by the published streams (something I suspect was done on purpose).

Remember, streams are set up vague because although groups of TMs follow a specific stream, they each personalize them. Beyond the questions above, you've provided enough of a framework for me to get a grip on the concept, which is what you want. I don't have Unwired near me, so I can't look to see if there is already a similar stream that might cover the concept, but that doesn't matter. I'm all for creating new streams (or mentor spirits), just focus on the flavor over using them to gain an extra edge over published ones is my rule.
WyldKnight
Grey: That was my main problem. It was hard for me to make it more vague. I wanted a sort of stream that attracted those with the pioneer spirit and spoke to would be adventurers. The Network I'm working on (Adeptus ex Machina) was a lot easier to work on because for me its easier to be specific then vague.

Caadium: I was thinking they viewed them as allies in their pursuit of knowledge and inhabitants of the world their invading so they must be treated with respect. They would usually come in forms related to the discovery of the unknown (courier would be a messanger bird, paladin a conquistador, crack would be a treasure hunter, etc.) I took paladin the same reason most old world explorers took a lot of weapons and a few soldiers with them. You need protection in the unknown and you dont always have a fellow techno to back you up. I see what your saying and I will look over my selection again.

Could anyone help me make it more vague?

A note on my build and changes I'm going to make.

- Going to take off the Slivergun and going to take the mods of the car.

- Going to switch the biofeedback for something else. Not sure what yet.

- I thought I needed to commlink to store info somewhere that would be safe so would a commlink be the best idea or is their a cheaper alternative? Also since I dont have a lot of common progs I thought I should get a few programs so I wouldnt need to depend on sprites as much for the smaller things. Does that work?
Jaid
if you want cheap storage, by an optical disk. officially, it should be wireless. alternately, just use your shoes, pants, shirt, hat, gloves, underwear, belt, gun, car, etc. you should probably get a junker commlink just for pretending to not be a techno, however.

also, i would recommend having the basic common CFs, even if only at a low level. it gets really hard to justify how you got to be amazing with computers, but you can't even handle something like wordpad or google.
WyldKnight
Thats a good idea, ya I took a comm in the first place for that then remembered I needed somewhere to store info.

Well were using the optional rules so all forms cost the same and we use em like spells. Choose a level, roll to resist fade, etc. Actually that I dont completely agree with. I can make baked alaska but suck at frying eggs which according to most of my friends is hilarious and sad at the same time. So I could see someone being good at something but failing at another even if the other is technically more advanced.

Heres a question, does anyone know the stats of a resonance well from Unwired. I took it as a quality for my house but I cant find stats for the bonuses. Is the rating a GM call?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012