Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AI Toon Hacker/Rigger/Sniper
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
mercurywave
Okay, here is an AI toon that I've been formulating for a game. A hacker/rigger/sniper. Availability is not an issue in the games that I play when character generating, but I've limited it to just the Otomo drone (home node) and the Response upgrade. Hackers dont normally get into the fray, where all our games end up so i wanted to give it a bit of a punch with sniping. Drone use will be limited to surveillance eventually, the Bustas are for over watch of my sniper position. Starting off I have no edge but will accrue later (it being a bio thing will work into game play as becoming 'human'). How can I work in the whole SINner bit into an AI toon (an aspect of being human)? So other than that any suggestions? Am i missing anything crucial, thanks for any post i receive wink.gif

Race AI C 4 I 5 L 4 W 4 E 3
260 bp

+Qulaities Pilot Origins, Codeflux, Rootkit, Redundancy
- Qualities SINner. Uncouth
5 bp

Skills
Computer/edit 3/5
Data Search 2
Cybercombat 5
Electronic Warfare/cryption 3/5
Hacking/exploit 5/7
Pilot Anthroform/Bipedal 1/3
86 bp

245,000Y
49 bp

Home node-
Otomo Drone (Res 9, Fir 8, Sys 8, Sig 6 CCU Comlink)- Concealed Armor 10, Nanomaintance System R2, Improved Economy, Additional Fuel Tank 1, Ex Environ Deep Sea, Electronic Hardening

Sensors-
Camera x2- Vision Magnification, Vision Enhancement 3, Smartlink, Imagelink
Microphone- Audio Enchancement 3, Spatial Recognizer
Non-Line Junct Detect
Radio Signal Scanner
Motion Sensor
Ultrawideband Radar

Autosofts-
Defense 6, Clearsight 6, Maneuver 6, Covert Ops 6, Targeting-Longarms 6, Targeting-Automatics 6, Empathy 3
Programs-
Map Soft 6, Analyze 6, Encrypt 6, Command 6, Edit 6, Browse 6, Biofeedback 3, Armor 3, Spoof 3, Nuke 3
Innate Programs-
Stealth 5, Exploit 4, Decrypt 5, Black Hammer 4

Armor two sets one city one stealth-
Suit 1 Ulysses Line Coat, PPP Leg and Arm Casings, Discrete Vitals Protector
Suit 2 Camouflage Suit, PPP Forearm Guards, Shin Guards

Guns-
Ares Crusader MP w/Sound Suppressor, Smartgun Ext, Concealable Holster
Ares Desert Strike w/Silencer, Smartgun Ext, Rigid Stock, Extended Barrel

Equipment-
Tag Eraser, White Noise Generator 6, Chisel, Miniwelder, Wire Clippers, Micro Wire 300m, Rappelling Gloves, Comlink Meta Link / Vector Xim standard w/fake SIN

Drones-
Bust-A-Move x2, Micro Tapper Bug x2 w/gecko tips

Vehicle-
Indian Pathfinder w/drive by wire

Back story: The AI was a IC, for a security node at a Mitsuhama drone facility. As an attack program not able to finish its programing and eliminate the 'hackers who got away', it saw it a possibility to complete its programing via droning. From a worm program, acquired from a dead hackers comlink, it 'wormed' some money from its own facility. Unfortuately due to budget cuts and inept facility management, Mitsuhama closed its plant. The AI found this an opportune time to use the factory to build its body, in which it could finish its programing in.
tricwebs
Well, first of all you calculated your stats wrong. All your stats start at 1, so CHA 4, INT 4, LOG 4, WIL 4 all cost 30 each, not 40 each and you start with an Edge of 1 (with a max of 4 due to your Rating).
mercurywave
Sweet thanks, an easy fix though not on my pride. Will def give me more points then wink.gif
BlueMax
Forgive my ignorance, what is the meaning of "toon" in this use?

BlueMax
/who should probably go read the AI rules tonight.
FlashbackJon
I think he means "toon" as synonymous with "character"...
BlueMax
QUOTE (FlashbackJon @ May 6 2009, 11:43 AM) *
I think he means "toon" as synonymous with "character"...

/me shivers.

Sorry, I should not have asked.

Ayeohx
Yep, toon. I can accept it in MMORPGs but not here buddy! smile.gif
Sorry, the vision that comes to mind when I think of a 'toon' doesn't mesh with role playing. A toon reeks of too much slap-stick buffoonery, hijinks and shenanigans.
A 'character' is an individual that I play the part of; something that I take more seriously. Something with a much lower level of shenanigans.
mercurywave
I'm glad my post can be used for nothing as to what it was meant for. Too bad i cant delete it eh...toon...character....
Ayeohx
Sorry for the detour Mercury (and the uppity disrespect).

I've got a few questions about the backstory. How did the AI break his hacker hunting programming? It seemed very determined to get a body together to go hacker hunting but then chose to become a hacker itself. You've got a good story here; I'm just curious what happened to change its mind.

As a side note, using Bustas to provide overwatch while you blow peoples' heads off seems creepy and wrong. smile.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Ayeohx @ May 7 2009, 01:14 AM) *
Sorry for the detour Mercury (and the uppity disrespect).

I've got a few questions about the backstory. How did the AI break his hacker hunting programming? It seemed very determined to get a body together to go hacker hunting but then chose to become a hacker itself. You've got a good story here; I'm just curious what happened to change its mind.

I would think that "fighting fire with fire" would be the reason.
Jaid
pilot anthroform is a separate skill. you want pilot anthroform(bipeds+2), not pilot automotive.

unless that was intended to mean you have both skills, of course.
mercurywave
Thanks Jaid, guess i was getting the mechanical skill mixed up with the piloting skill. Noted and fixed. Makes you wonder why anthroform is part of the automotive mechanic skill instead of its own eh...
FlashbackJon
Well I imagine because the differences in repairing them aren't all that great, but the differences between walking and rolling are. biggrin.gif

Also, there's way too many Mechanic skills as is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012