Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much Nuyen?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wolfshade
Simple question I guess. How much do you usually make on a run? Especially with a new gruop of runners. Simple to complex runs hurried to plenty of time. Wetwork to don't cause ANY collatteral damage. I seem to remember a scale somewhere (Mr. Johnsons Little Black Book mayby, lost my copy) Input from fellow GM's appreciated.
Lordmalachdrim
I believe the info your talking about was in the Shadowrun Companion for 3rd ed and it was linked to the runner's rep.

I'll check my books once I'm home in a couple of days.
DireRadiant
I make more then I need, and less then I want.
Psikerlord
how much do the published modules/ SR missions offer for their jobs? They should be a reasonable guide
Wesley Street
Depends on which edition. Typical 1st ed. adventure modules would offer middle seven-digit nuyen payouts per player.

I've never really cared for payment formulas. As a GM, my method for payment is to reward just enough to let the player make rent and perhaps a new piece of equipment or mod. But not so much that they're aren't hungry for more. It depends on your group dynamics. I've killed campaigns by paying out too much at once. frown.gif
Raizer
In the begnnings of my campaign with all new starting characters it was between 2-5k per runner. However, as I near the end of my campaign (having run them through all the missions in Seattle and Denver as well as some old adventures and made up adventures) with them nearing 400-500 karma each, the characters are earning between 25k and 200k per adventure with perks such as take 2x pay as gear or the johnson paying all their expenses for travel.
Dhaise
QUOTE (Raizer @ May 6 2009, 09:58 PM) *
In the begnnings of my campaign with all new starting characters it was between 2-5k per runner. However, as I near the end of my campaign (having run them through all the missions in Seattle and Denver as well as some old adventures and made up adventures) with them nearing 400-500 karma each, the characters are earning between 25k and 200k per adventure with perks such as take 2x pay as gear or the johnson paying all their expenses for travel.

I did the same thing in my old sr1/2/3 games,but in 4 I've kept it pretty much at the low end despite veteren status. Unless you're an archetype with a magic monkey on your bank,or a technomancer, there just isn't a high enough ceiling on character improvement in our games unless I keep them broke. Perks are making up the bulk of their 'raises' in 4.
TeOdio
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 6 2009, 04:43 PM) *
I've killed campaigns by paying out too much at once. frown.gif

And I've watched groups slaughter themselves to get a bigger cut of the "Big Big Money". Pretty much a campaign killer as well, but wow were they fun to run.
nuyen.gif nuyen.gif nuyen.gif
Wolfshade
Tks guys. Reason I'm asking is a recent game ended w/ the group grousing about "only" getting 2k for a run that they didn't finish! The Johnson accepted the fact that they had to abort (newb runners don't play with an undercover Lone Star Stike Team and live.) They actually did the smart thing and aborted the run. The 2k was because Johnson saw the potential and paid them fer the time they put into the run and has them in mind for future use. Still, I hear "Damn, all that and we only get 2k.... that sucks." I'm just trying to get a feel fer how everyone is paying in 4th.
Dragnar
And there's only a handful people that can actually answer that question and that's those you play with.
If they honestly think that's too little and don't have fun that way, no amount of pointing to an internet forum will change that.
Speak with them about what they and you think is reasonable and a good measure for the campaign.
Coldan
My new group get about twice or trice of their lifestyle as payments per month. That isn't much, but I don't count in the things, they also stole (some drones, some paydata, etc.) as for these things they will have to think about it and some have got some problems of their own. (Well, stealing a drone is one thing, clean it up that the cops don't notice it immediatly, is another one. Also to transport it until you can clean it.)

Later they will get some other payments, like accounts at shadow networks, access to a good medical facility or mechanical facility. Not everytime they get nuyen and sometimes the promise to remind the team is more worth than many nuyen... also the players are satisfited.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
We get enough for what we need, and a little more on top... WE always have the promise for the big payoff, but it just never seems to get there, though our last run did net us each a fair chunk of change (Just over 100k for the team of 5, split evenly, we came home with a little over 10k each and a modified Spritzenreiter Boat to boot)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012