Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Cartels - GM's/Authors only!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
IF you are a player, the information below may seriously affect your enjoyment of the Ghost Cartels Campaign. This information will not improve your chances of survival, or gain you goodies in game. It will just make the game less fun for you, and probably the GM. Do yourself a favour and go away.

[ Spoiler ]
Ancient History
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 11 2009, 01:11 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
@Ancient History:

[ Spoiler ]
The Jake
Is there a connection between the tempo and the types of spirits that are possessing people? Or source? Is it the one spirit or many? I know that it is a spirit cabal behind Primeira Vaga but I'm curious what is their composition and would there be anything telling or significant that GMs should keep in mind if the PCs figure out what is going on?

On a related note: why would the PCs even suspect possession? Blackouts are a popular symptom for drug addicts. How would the PCs suspect anything supernatural in the first place? Is it just the astral perception thing?

- J.
pbangarth
@Jake:
[ Spoiler ]
Ancient History
[ Spoiler ]
The Jake
QUOTE (Ancient History @ May 11 2009, 01:39 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]

Cool. Thanks for that AH.

This same situation will probably come up in my group shortly.

- J.
wylie
good question!!

in my own game, the mystic adept hired a mage to astrally watch a target (the accountant) and never call the mage off. so after a .....strange sitaution with the target, the adept rememberd about the mage he hired to watch the guy astrally. The mage mention something about plants possessing the guy and asked never to be hired again.

the adept has started researching, in libraries, and has found info about Voodoo spirits
and now Lone Star is interested in his investigation as well

i have never thought the path/links crisscrossing each other, or what the metaplane looks like (thinking a big garden or jungle now)

any more thoughts?
pbangarth
[ Spoiler ]
HappyDaze
Eliminate is sooo last nanosecond. Recruiting is a better - and more sinister - option. Besides, perhaps they really are doing their thing for the greater good...
Chrysalis
[ Spoiler ]
pbangarth
@Chrysalis:

I have indeed initiated the possibility for all that you suggest. You are scary, in a moth-to-the-flame kind of way, Laurie. Good thing you are half way around the world.
wylie
moth in the flame, yeap

i like the idea of "we are here to help"

hmm, maybe you could play it off like "V", the spirits explain how they are there to heal the planet, but there will be a hint of something dark, or it could be we are here to take over the planet and there is nothing you can do about it. we own all these souls. either way, asked to join showing all the "power" the character can gain. maybe neglect to mention about the dream pact part....
Chrysalis
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 11 2009, 05:54 PM) *
@Chrysalis:

I have indeed initiated the possibility for all that you suggest. You are scary, in a moth-to-the-flame kind of way, Laurie. Good thing you are half way around the world.

@Peter:

You say the nicest of things about me smile.gif

I could gush, but then I would have to spill [someone's] blood.
wylie
just a thought I had and one I may need help with
are spirits effected by electricity that possess people? I got the Flipside coming up soon and was wondering if this was a doable way for the Crew to take down the possessed drug dealer
pbangarth
@wylie
[ Spoiler ]
wylie
either one is possible
going by the rules, my understanding is that the 2ndary effects would still effect.

this is based on a 8P Zapper missile vs a 16 armored citymaster. sure, the missle won't penetrate, but the electricity would

sounds like this may be a house ruling
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012