Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun 4A
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chrysalis
Greets,

I wanted to give a big thank you to a whole group of people. Specifically those who helped work on Shadowrun 4, the anniversary edition. It is an impressive book and once it goes for publication and I can buy it up I will.

Thanks go to the Catalyst team and all the amazing proofreaders out there. An additional thank you to Tiger Eyes for being such an enthusiastic, dedicated person, who did so much without even asking for (nearly) anything in return.

I thought a little positivity was needed.
Backgammon
Naysayers can say what they want for the reason they want, but I LOVE my SR4A.
GreyBrother
Our Developers
which create in Washington
hallowed be thy game
thy paycheck come,
thy rules followed on design- and kitchen table
Give us this night our weekly play
And forgive us our powergaming, as we forgive all powergamer
and lead us not into the game that shall not be named
but deliver us from bad dice
For thine is the basement room, and the RAW and our money for ever and ever
Amen

Who else wants to praise?!
BlueMax
I will reserve praise until my sweaty, oily hands have defiled a copy.
tsuyoshikentsu
It's... very pretty. I mean, like, really, really pretty. Like, the prettiest RPG book I've ever seen.
HappyDaze
Is the hardcopy out?
Malachi
You're welcome. I was up until the wee hours of the morning more than once proofing SR4A chapters... that's probably why some error still slipped through. wink.gif
Wizard
I love SR4A as well. Not just the eye candy, but also the rule changes. Well done CGL.

I only wish CGL could pour in the same kind of anniversary love into the other core rulebooks.
toturi
You do recall your physics, right? Positive threads attract negative posts. biggrin.gif
paws2sky
*drums fingers*

Still want my dead tree edition.

>.>

<.<

-paws
GreyBrother
Well, paws, you can buy the eBook and drag it to a bookbinder and he will even give you a leather binding with engraved title and everything grinbig.gif
SincereAgape
(Inspired by GreyBrother)

Say Yes to SR4A
by SA.

Oh SR4A
How you can't come quick enough
People say you're shiny
Negative reviews w/o play testing can kiss hiney
Leather Bound oh yes.
What's in store for the future we can only guess.
Ah. Direct Combat Spells have been nerfed I see
Street Samurais will still bow to their knees
Oh SR4A
Hard Copy please come soon
It should draw more readers then a man walking on the moon
Catalyst has a vision
May the rest of the gaming world bow down in a collision
New Rules Galore.
If it makes the game more fun for even one, Halore!

-The End.
HappyDaze
Ah. Direct Combat Spells have been nerfed I see

Only in the realm of optional rules, and in SR4, there are optional rules to nerf just about everything.
Cardul
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ May 13 2009, 02:13 AM) *
Only in the realm of optional rules, and in SR4, there are optional rules to nerf just about everything.

There are also optional rules to soup up just about everything.

That said:
It is rare that I will pre-order a book. I Pre-ordered SR4A and its anniversary edition. I hope that I will have it the week before GenCon, so I can bring my Limited Edition copy to get signed, along with my Limted Edition copy of Total Warfare.(I really hope Randall and Peter are there, so I can be getting my books signed by the people who lead them, not their successors)
Psikerlord
yep, really looking forward to SR4A. The art overhaul is a definite step in the right direction. Bring back that great SR2/3 artwork!! Only one gripe. I miss the SR2 slang, like chummer and frag. I think it gave the game a bit more atmosphere (once you got over the first WTF? impression)
paws2sky
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ May 13 2009, 01:20 AM) *
Well, paws, you can buy the eBook and drag it to a bookbinder and he will even give you a leather binding with engraved title and everything grinbig.gif

If I knew of a bookbinder in the area, I would give that serious consideration.

-paws
GreyBrother
Isn't there something like the Yellow Pages for your area? I could whip up www.herold.at, enter "Buchbinder" and find those guys.
deek
I just started a new campaign on Monday, using SR4A core. I don't think we got into much beyond some data search and social rolls, but I've really found the core book a huge improvement over the last version. I finally got through my detailed read of the matrix chapter and its so much better than before, so kudos there!

I've had my hardcopy on pre-order for some time, so I'll be excited once I have it in my hand! Although, I'll likely still be referencing the PDF during game sessions...
paws2sky
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ May 13 2009, 08:46 AM) *
Isn't there something like the Yellow Pages for your area? I could whip up www.herold.at, enter "Buchbinder" and find those guys.

I haven't been able to locate one within a 1 hour drive that will do quantities under 10 books. Even then, the binding options were extremely limited (spiral, comb, etc.). If I wanted that, I could print it a work and pay the admin for the materials.

I'm better off just waiting for the official printing, I think.

-paws
GreyBrother
In this case, you are right.
Murrdox
I buckled.

I preordered my Dead Tree edition in the first week the book was announced. So many people were talking about SR4A though, I needed to have it sooner. I got the PDF version now.

I have skimmed through large portions of it, and so far I am very happy. The Matrix sections especially are dramatically improved, easier to read, and easier to understand.

Kudos to CGL, and I still want my Dead Tree Edition... yesterday smile.gif
Kerrang
I love.gif SR4A, pre-ordered it and the LE book in the first week, so I could be the big pimp on the block (and get a free PDF out of it). The wait to get the physical copies in my hands has been agonizing, the thought of continuing to wait until August is absolutely unbearable. You did a good thing Catalyst, keep up the good work!
SincereAgape
Setting aside the silly poems written at 2AM, it's nice to read positive feedback for this book. Especially from people who have actually played using the new rules.

To keep the theme going, I ordered my dead tree limited edition version of 4.5 as well, and can't wait to read it at the end of the summer.

Here is to CGL, and to the future.
GreyBrother
A friend of mine who read the new Matrix chapter ordered Unwired just so he can play a hacker using the more understandable writeup.
deek
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ May 14 2009, 12:32 AM) *
A friend of mine who read the new Matrix chapter ordered Unwired just so he can play a hacker using the more understandable writeup.

Just some of the examples in Unwired opened up a new world of Matrix understanding for me. Its well worth the investment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012