Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Virtuakinetic individuals and UV nodes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlueMax
There may be a direct answer to this but I am bookless right now at the salt mines and so, I apologize if this is obvious.

Place a TM in an UV node, what happens?
In UV nodes you look like yourself, OK, most TMs look like themselves so that part isn't a big deal.
The characters real world skills come into play. What does this mean for hacking? Can you still hack the same inside the node? Can TMs bend everything the same inside the node?

Since half my player are TMs you think I would know this but I don't

BlueMax
Ancient History
No Neo, you're not the One...well, you are, but just as much as everyone else, really.
BlueMax
Interesting, and what of Sprites?

BlueMax
/curiouser
// and curiouser
Ancient History
Sprites and agents will appear as something conforming to the setting of the UV node. So yeah, if your GM decides you're Dorothy and this is Oz, that's your toto in the handbasket there. Beware the munchkins!
[ Spoiler ]
Dakka Dakka
Are there still UV nodes in SR4?
Heath Robinson
Unwired has the rules.
Prime Mover
This can quickly become confusing if hacker has to use firearms skill he can't use his attack program now or can but at default. Damage codes for programs? How many init passes in UV, real life or augmented? No analyze....perception? Finding data in UV node requires a physical search? Can you get Admin access in UV node? Systems rated at 10+ and UV'd really limit a hackers abilities. Section in unwired and every other mention really for UV nodes have always been short.

EDIT: As a side note Unwired did a better job then past versions but I would have like to have seen a clearer picture for some of the interactions.
BlueMax
Heath,
Were you referring to UV nodes? or to TMs in UV nodes? If the second, please list a page.

BlueMax
Prime Mover
Unwired pg. 171 rules for everyone in UV nodes.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 28 2009, 03:32 PM) *
Unwired pg. 171 rules for everyone in UV nodes.

Many Thanks. Now I can find it while I mind my little ones tonight.

BlueMax
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (BlueMax @ May 28 2009, 06:33 PM) *
Many Thanks. Now I can find it while I mind my little ones tonight.

BlueMax

Bedtime stories for the little ones, BlueMax? wink.gif
KCKitsune
In the future, people will wonder why BlueMax's kids became master criminals... biggrin.gif
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ May 29 2009, 09:42 AM) *
In the future, people will wonder why BlueMax's kids became master criminals... biggrin.gif

If people know enough to do that, then his kids have clearly failed at becoming master criminals. wink.gif
Uli
I think Brainscan featured a special rule for the boss fight against Deus in the end and the whole UV host prelude. A decker could use half his computer rating to make any skill test. You could adopt that.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 28 2009, 10:36 PM) *
Bedtime stories for the little ones, BlueMax? wink.gif

That *was* the plan.

<True Story>
Instead I picked up the youngest from his daycare and got home to a house with 4 -6 inches of standing water.
</True Stroy>

One of you must be a spy and is working against my goal of figuring this all out. The water heater was busted so subtly that it took three plumbers to figure out what was wrong.

Be unwillingly moved to a hotel room with your entire family sucks.

BlueMax
/Finally back on the inter tubes.
//from work
darthmord
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Jun 1 2009, 10:35 AM) *
That *was* the plan.

<True Story>
Instead I picked up the youngest from his daycare and got home to a house with 4 -6 inches of standing water.
</True Stroy>

One of you must be a spy and is working against my goal of figuring this all out. The water heater was busted so subtly that it took three plumbers to figure out what was wrong.

Be unwillingly moved to a hotel room with your entire family sucks.

BlueMax
/Finally back on the inter tubes.
//from work

Been there, done that. Except in our case, it was a house fire and the hotel lasted for 3.5 months.

That well and truly sucked.
Draco18s
QUOTE (darthmord @ Jun 1 2009, 12:20 PM) *
Been there, done that. Except in our case, it was a house fire and the hotel lasted for 3.5 months.

That well and truly sucked.

Huh. At our house it was "unlicensed contractor built the roof" (previous owner shenanigans) and lasted two weeks (from October to June*). wink.gif

Or:
We decided to remodel. Parents had to live in a camper trailer.

*I honestly don't remember the dates
GreyBrother
Our house stands in a flood area and we never went into a hotel. We love to sit in the first floor (second floor for the US i think) and play games while one meter below you flows the most beautiful river of europe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012