Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Healing spells.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ca_Kingmaker
Could somebody give me a little help in regards to healing spells?

So you roll a spellcating check, which is magic+spellcasting skill, and your hits are the number of boxes healed?

Where does force come into it?

The book states that the DV is damage value -2. Which sort of messes me up here too. An example would be awesome if anybody could help me out with this.
Stahlseele
Why would you heal spells?
Also, your successes are capped at force i think.
Falling Icicle
QUOTE (ca_Kingmaker @ May 29 2009, 03:34 AM) *
Could somebody give me a little help in regards to healing spells?

So you roll a spellcating check, which is magic+spellcasting skill, and your hits are the number of boxes healed?

Where does force come into it?

The book states that the DV is damage value -2. Which sort of messes me up here too. An example would be awesome if anybody could help me out with this.

The force is the maximum number of hits you can get on the spell, so its the maximum number of boxes you can heal. So if I cast a force 5 heal and get 7 hits, I still only heal 5 boxes.

For the drain, you take DV -2, so if you heal someone who has 6 boxes of damage, you take 4 drain (which can be reduced with your drain resistance roll, of course).
Psikerlord
..and be sure to apply your medkit/first aid first, then the magic heal. Doesn't work the other way round.
ca_Kingmaker
So just to be completely clear, the person roles their spellcasting skill + magic, minus lost target esence. Successes=boxes healed (max=force). Then Drain is the boxes healed -2 resisted as normal.

Dragnar
Drain is the amount of damage the target has at the time of casting the spell (ie: before healing) -2, not the amount healed.
ca_Kingmaker
Thanks guys! You're always a huge help on here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012