Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dreaming
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Luke Hardison
So last night, I had a crazy Shadowrun-esque dream.

In that strange way that you know things in dreams, I knew that my partner and I were getting off of our motorcycles in front of the home of a decker that we had been hired to kill. The guy was a recluse who was paranoid about magical security. All of the doors in his house were made of what we kept calling "fairy dust", which was apparently a magically active packed powder. Strangely, if you touched them in just the right place they would crumble into dust, but they were supposed to protect the house from a mage's attack. Hey, it's a dream - I don't even always use the rules the right way when I'm awake!

We snuck through the house, touching doors and making them powder, and arrived at what I can only describe as a psycidellic rave. I snuck up behind the guard at the door (who looked an awful lot like Samuel L. Jackson) and took his AK-97 (which, again, I recognized immediately, in that strange dream-informed state). The ensuing firefight took out many of the party goers, and I made my way to the gangly, pasty decker and grabbed him by his giant mass of curly red hair and knocked him to his knees. There was a cinematic pause and I asked him, "Does your momma want an open casket?" He started to cry, and I woke up.

It was an interesting dream firefight, which I vaguely remember as having a lot of cyber. cyber.gif

Anyway ...

Anyone else ever have any interesting Shadowrun-induced dreams? I sure didn't dream it up on my own.
Shadowfox
Very weird. I just woke up now at 2 pm from a Shadowrun-esque dream.

I'm assuming it's because I just GM'd a part of a run where my PC's had to hide in a safehouse.

I was just inside of the safehouse and then it was firefight after firefight and I kept thinking "I'm going to run out of ammunition!"
Snow_Fox
a few weeks ago I had a dream that was very SR. i was breaking into a bank in a high rise building, when things went osuth i got out before the vault doors closed and slide/jumped down an escalator to land behind the cyborg sec teams so they did n't know I'd been inside. I went down a few levels in the ihgh rise and hid in an arcade that was really a place for the mentally handicapped to be. I tried to blend in by sitting quietly and watching the TV.

yeah this is the reader's digest version.

Usually my dreams are about school or big mansions or communter trains.
Kerenshara
I had a dream I barely remember except that it was very weird, left me unsettled for several hours after waking, and made me think I seriously needed to lay off the Shadowrun for a little while... at which point I pulled out my laptop and started writing SR fic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012