Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long-Pig Farms In The Sixth World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ImmoralSalvage
Sorry if some-one has posted something like this before, but I can never seem to get the dammed search function to work properly.

Now then I would like to ask some questions after having read the Chicago section of Feral Cities. I noticed the mention of long pig farms and died laughing because I recently re-read the comic Transmetropolitan where Long Pig is a chain of restaurant, and the farms them selves are called Bastard Farms (In Case you don't know or haven’t guess Long Pig = People). I am not sure how these farms work in the sixth world but in transmetro they are growing clones in massive fields of vats these clones only have enough brain matter to maintain basic bodily functions. Now in the sixth world it appear people are used a fuel source. while in Transmetropolitan they are used as a food source, and are some grown to custom orders, and become sex slaves (minus the gray matter to know better). now I am not sure of the feeling of cannibalism of the sixth world so i am not sure if the food source is a viable option, but it would seem that if these long pig farms are anything like the ones in transmetro then I don't know why the syndicates aren't using them to get low-cost prostitutes (sex-slaves) for their brothels or even selling them off to private owners.

If anyone has any thoughts on the subject I would like to know.
Draco18s
QUOTE (ImmoralSalvage @ Jun 2 2009, 12:37 AM) *
now I am not sure of the feeling of cannibalism of the sixth world so i am not sure if the food source is a viable option

Eat the liver first.
Method
Man, the liver is about the last part of a human I would eat.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 2 2009, 01:28 AM) *
Man, the liver is about the last part of a human I would eat.

What if you're an herbivore?
Stahlseele
Bunraku Parlors are on their way there.
But cloning is a little hazy in SR.
Also, there's at least one Restaurant in Japan that actually does serve metahuman meat.
Further, one bequest of the Big D in his Testatment was to invent a kind of artificial metahuman meant for ghouls and the such to eat.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 2 2009, 01:32 AM) *

Then I guess you start with the bush.

I'm sorry. I'm so very, very sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself. Stop me before I pun again!
Draco18s
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 2 2009, 01:34 AM) *

I'm sorry. I'm so very, very sorry. Sometimes I just can't help myself. Stop me before I pun again!

"But I can't digest meat!"
Ancient History
If anyone has any thoughts on the subject I would like to know.

I wrote that bit, so I should be the one to answer: they aren't clone farms, or people farms. They are pig farms, and some of the pigs are transgenic - i.e. they have some human genes spliced into them. For real cannibals you have to pick up Corporate Enclaves and read up on Takonashi's in Neo-Tokyo.
DireRadiant
For some beings the entire 6th world is a long pig farm.
BIG BAD BEESTE
MacTamanous anyone?
ImmoralSalvage
Ok thank Ancient History That cleared things up. Because I was wondering if in fact they where people farms why all the horrible shit that went on in Transmetro wasn't going on at lest on a small scale in the sixth world. Just one more question why call it Long Pig farms like I get that the pigs have metahuman genes, and all that. However Long Pig has a very long history of being a Euphemism meaning that a human beings being used a food source. So I am just wondering that name was chosen for this Pig Farms instead of something else.
Ancient History
You've got a bunch of ghouls with a macabre sense of humor running a pig farm (or, more accurately, you've got a writer with a macabre sense of humor writing about ghouls running a pig farm). The name was chosen precisely because of its implications; it's a joke.

(If I was going to BS you about it I'd go on about how it was founded by Jeffrey Long, a former piggery owner that became infected after a night with the ghoul of his dreams, which he received when Cabrini Green was a little short on cred and needed some meat...but I'm not trying to BS you. Yet.)
ImmoralSalvage
Ok well it worked because like I said before I just broke out laughing when I first saw it.

Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 2 2009, 02:09 PM) *
You've got a bunch of ghouls with a macabre sense of humor running a pig farm (or, more accurately, you've got a writer with a macabre sense of humor writing about ghouls running a pig farm). The name was chosen precisely because of its implications; it's a joke.

(If I was going to BS you about it I'd go on about how it was founded by Jeffrey Long, a former piggery owner that became infected after a night with the ghoul of his dreams, which he received when Cabrini Green was a little short on cred and needed some meat...but I'm not trying to BS you. Yet.)

The only trouble is some people might not know what 'long pig' is and imagine some elongated meta-boar.
If the gm gets it and the players don't. boy are they in for a surprise.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jun 1 2009, 11:34 PM) *

That was....... Horrible !
TeOdio
Live to Eat! Eat To Live!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (TeOdio @ Jun 2 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Live to Eat! Eat To Live!

You just enjoy your vacation...
Dikotana
Autocannibalism. This is exactly what I'd imagine from those rich enough to have a large number of force-grown clones and rich enough not to have enough to keep them occupied with gainful pursuits.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dikotana @ Jun 2 2009, 11:14 PM) *

Link didn't give me anything.
Dikotana
Let's try a copyright-violating alternative, then.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dikotana @ Jun 3 2009, 03:37 AM) *

Lol.
Method
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 1 2009, 10:32 PM) *
No I love meat. But the primary function of the liver is to detoxify shit we put in our bodies. And humans put a lot of shit in our bodies. Not to mention the viruses....

No thank you.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 4 2009, 07:37 AM) *
No I love meat. But the primary function of the liver is to detoxify shit we put in our bodies. And humans put a lot of shit in our bodies. Not to mention the viruses....

No thank you.

its not like the liver stores any of that. thats what the bladder is for...

if you got a issue with the liver, you better not contemplate what hot dogs are made of...
Method
Well I wouldn't say "stores" but I assure you there are toxins that accumulate in the liver while they are being metabolized. And again, lets not forget about our friends the viral hepatitides. Hep A is food borne to begin with. And most people chronically infected with Hep C don't even know it. And then you have enterohepatic circulation- nothing like some dude's colonic bacteria in your dinner.

Hot dogs are good tho... nyahnyah.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Method @ Jun 4 2009, 12:37 AM) *

No thank you.

Man, I failed twice at linking to a comic of a wombat eating a hyena liver (traditional thing for the hyenas).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012