Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Wield/Martial Arts Set-up+ Finishing Blow
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Doctrine
Ok so what i wanted to know is if i dual wield and want to strike with both weapons can i set-up strike to finishing blow two simultaneous opponents? also would it be possible to set up strike with each hand then finishing blow with each hand a single opponent? I have scoured through the books but i don't see it clarified anywhere so i decided to ask here to see if maybe i missed something or what cause if so it seems like you could be really ridiculous this way.
Medicineman
If you Split your Dicepool the Rules won't mind and If you describe it in Style, I ,as a GM, wouldn't mind either grinbig.gif
Hurray for Akimbo Style

with a stylish Dance
Medicineman
Dakka Dakka
I'd limit it to one Finishing Move per complex Action.

Do you seriously want to split your dicepool and apply another -2 for the second target?

I think two weapon style and riposte is the better option.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Dakka Dakka @ Jun 3 2009, 05:12 AM) *
I'd limit it to one Finishing Move per complex Action.

Do you seriously want to split your dicepool and apply another -2 for the second target?

I think two weapon style and riposte is the better option.

The finishing Move is his (next) complex Action wink.gif just split for two Victims
I'm not certain that there is a -2 for second Target.I think -2 is for ranged Combat and not for Melee
grinbig.gif We're not talking/posting about better or worse Options,but just if his Action is RAW or not

with a friendly Dance
Medicineman
Doctrine
With Multi-strike and Off-hand training plus hopefully surprising my opponent i wont be too concerned about dice pool penalties more my question is about the fact that i'm striking simultaneously and the wording on finishing blow. Since i strike simultaneously i wondering if i could declare both attacks as set-ups and then i would follow up with a simultaneous finishing blow. Finishing blow says "A character with this maneuver who has succeeded in striking an opponent (whether damage is inflicted or not) may immediately follow that attack up with a move designed to finish the opponent off. This allows the character to make an immediate follow-up melee attack in the same Action Phase. Finishing Move counts as an interrupt action and uses up the character’s next available action." So would i essentially get to attack 4 times in one complex action at a cost of my next complex action that round since i have multiple initiative passes?
Screaming Eagle
I'd probably have it take your next 2 actions, if only to force you to pose all awesome like. And maybe get shot up a bit...
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Screaming Eagle @ Jun 3 2009, 05:16 PM) *
I'd probably have it take your next 2 actions, if only to force you to pose all awesome like. And maybe get shot up a bit...

Yeah, I have to agree here. I grant you, it would be VERY cool looking, but I am not sure the mechanics will support it effectively. "You go on wit' yo' bad self the'ah, Snakeyes!"
Malachi
Meh. If you can attack multiple opponents on any "normal" melee attack I don't see why you couldn't with the "interrupt attack" that the Finishing Move gives you. I would rule, however, that for the Finishing Move itself your opponent would get an Opposed Roll. They're not surprised anymore, after all.
Doctrine
QUOTE (Malachi @ Jun 3 2009, 02:34 PM) *
Meh. If you can attack multiple opponents on any "normal" melee attack I don't see why you couldn't with the "interrupt attack" that the Finishing Move gives you. I would rule, however, that for the Finishing Move itself your opponent would get an Opposed Roll. They're not surprised anymore, after all.

I can totally agree with that. Although as to the taking multiple actions thing only thought is that it would be like multi-attacking for a complex action then doing it again for a complex action that way only taking my next complex i would get, instead of the next 2 or maybe i just dont want to feel like im losing out on character functionality cause i want to look stylish/bad ass.
Malachi
QUOTE (Doctrine @ Jun 3 2009, 07:43 PM) *
I can totally agree with that. Although as to the taking multiple actions thing only thought is that it would be like multi-attacking for a complex action then doing it again for a complex action that way only taking my next complex i would get, instead of the next 2 or maybe i just dont want to feel like im losing out on character functionality cause i want to look stylish/bad ass.

If you are splitting your dice for the Finishing Move attack then you are still only using 1 Complex Action. If you don't split your DP then you only get to attack one of the opponents you hit with the first attack. Either way you only use up 2 Complex Actions total (1 for the initial attack, 1 for the Finishing Move). I don't think its broken or anything since you still have to split your pool both times, the key would be that you have to hit both Opponents with the initial attack.
Doctrine
QUOTE (Malachi @ Jun 3 2009, 06:25 PM) *
If you are splitting your dice for the Finishing Move attack then you are still only using 1 Complex Action. If you don't split your DP then you only get to attack one of the opponents you hit with the first attack. Either way you only use up 2 Complex Actions total (1 for the initial attack, 1 for the Finishing Move). I don't think its broken or anything since you still have to split your pool both times, the key would be that you have to hit both Opponents with the initial attack.

The chances of that are pretty good I think since my runner is built around getting surprise attacks, it just seemed like it would be interesting to play a non-ranged character with good survivability and concept. All I ever see from my group is gunslinging, mages and the occasional Troll + Melee = Sad face...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012