Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Really Extreme Cyber-Modifications
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
I KNEW i had seen something like this somewhere sometime!
http://www.drosi.de/bilder/dr_sr_schlagschatten.jpg
And now, after having been to Nerdcon one full day(ye gods i am getting old, my back and legs and feet hurt like hell), i know where again!
I'll have to go back tomorrow(if i can move) to check if something like the dude on the left side is actually in the book itself, and if there are rules/stats for that thing.
Anybody else have an opinion to that? ^^
Would it be cool to have a dwarven rigger for example who basically riggs his lower half of the body?
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 6 2009, 05:24 PM) *
I KNEW i had seen something like this somewhere sometime!
http://www.drosi.de/bilder/dr_sr_schlagschatten.jpg
And now, after having been to Nerdcon one full day(ye gods i am getting old, my back and legs and feet hurt like hell), i know where again!
I'll have to go back tomorrow(if i can move) to check if something like the dude on the left side is actually in the book itself, and if there are rules/stats for that thing.
Anybody else have an opinion to that? ^^
Would it be cool to have a dwarven rigger for example who basically riggs his lower half of the body?

Honestly there is no Essence loss if you lose limbs (at least I didn't see any rules for it). So fluff wise, the dwarf lost both legs and got a mini tracked vehicle and created a "socket" for him to ride in. I would just treat the tracked part of his body as a drone with all that it entails (sensors, weapons, movement, etc).
Stahlseele
Hmm, good idea . . I think in the Toybox there were actually Stats for a Wheelchair and the Option to equip said Wheelchai with Tracks.
I will have to try and dig that file up. Hmm, could one build in Vehicle Recoil Compensation, to make the Arm with the Gun into something Fully Automatic with no Problems? ^^
nezumi
Ah yes... Perhaps the time is ripe to reintroduce... the Suitcase Rigger.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 6 2009, 11:24 PM) *
Schlagschatten translated to English would be "drop shadow" or "hard shadow" according to my quick research... (For those wondering: It's a really old - 1993 or somesuch - German SR2 adventure book).

There's a really bad Americian B or C scifi-action movie from the mid-80s that I think this cyborg is based on. Something about a downed pilot reawaking after years in his modified body... He could strap a gun to his cybered arm and plug himself into a special tracked vehicle - the result looked pretty similar to this picture.

I've always thought this to be one of SR's worst covers. Not in terms of craft (it is well-drawn) but in terms of "having any connection to the particular book or SR in general". A cyborg like this didn't exist then (I guess you could build something like this with today's rules), the two persons in the middle look like they belong into a Flash Gordon setting (with the somewhat scifi-pirate-styled clothes and the guy's raygun) and what's up with that cliché ninja?
Stahlseele
I guess Schlagschatten is the Translation of SHADOWBEAT. But i am not too sure.
Also for the rest of the Posting. It's SR2. It's FROM THE GOOD OLD TIMES! (80's).
Where everything was Trashy like hell and it seemed cool and it was good to boot.
As has been Mentioned: if you don't see the Tracks as a pair of Cyber-Legs, it works.
More or less. No Essence-Cost aside for the Cost of the Rigging-Hardware. Which would be about 2 Points on Standard Grade in SR3 for the rating 1 VCR.
Then you only need an Arm and a Head. Comes up to about 4 Points. still some room left. Especially for Bioware.
And if you were to house-rule that if CYBERDECKS can be fitted into Cyberlimbs, then why not make that available to VCR too, then you open up a whole new can of whoop-ass-worms.
That was our Attempt at making Riggers more playable. Combine this with no Capacity Limits for Limbs. Still, nobody bothered with Cyberlimbs OR Rigging-Stuff OR a Combination.
Even when we said that Limb-Enhancements actively ADDED to the natural Rating of your Attribute(so yes, a Troll with Maxed Strength and Muscle Augmentation/Suprathoid gland and an Arm with +3 Strength would have come to 18 STR using that one Arm) i only did some test-builts. never really used them.

Damn, now imagine a Dwarven Rigger with the VCR, that thing not being cyber-replacement-legs and him having a choice of wheeled, tracked, hover-craft and Vector Thrust "Wheel"-Chair.
Anybody wanna try giving Specs to this using SR4 Rules? Just to see what sillyness can be had with that?
HappyDaze
It's SR2. It's FROM THE GOOD OLD TIMES! (80's).
Early 90s.
Stahlseele
Late 80's, early 90's, same difference <.<
Medicineman
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 8 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Late 80's, early 90's, same difference <.<

The 80's are W H A Y cooler and had the better Movies wink.gif thats the Difference
And the Schlagschatten is a Copy of to 80's Sci-Fi Movies

Damn, now imagine a Dwarven Rigger with the VCR, that thing not being cyber-replacement-legs and him having a choice of wheeled, tracked, hover-craft and Vector Thrust "Wheel"-Chair.
Been there,done that, smile.gif
And I have seen a Million copies of the "Wheelchaired Rigger" It gets quite boring after a while

with a bored Dance
Medicineman
Grinder
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jun 8 2009, 11:00 PM) *
I guess Schlagschatten is the Translation of SHADOWBEAT. But i am not too sure.

Wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012