Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4A Hardcopy
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
knasser

Hi,

Just a friendly enquiry as to when we'll see the hard copy of SR4A. The PDF came out at the start of March. I haven't run Shadowrun since last year, but I have a campaign reboot on Friday and it would have been really nice to have it to pass around. I've been holding off ordering several books so that I can get everything in one go. Is there any news on this, please?

And while I'm at it, I might as well put in my annual plea for the PDF of Shadows Of Europe. I was told this was going to happen ages back. As I tend to buy PDF only for pure GM resource material, I've been holding off on buying this as well. Any news on this? (optimistic)

Thanks,

K.
Aaron
I'm kind of disappointed. I saw the title and subtitle of this thread and thought that somebody had recorded a funk mix of a Shadowrun song.
daddystabz
My understanding is that the hardcover 20th. anniversary book will be released/go on sale at GenCon this year on August 15th. Can anyone confirm or deny if this is truth?
Stahlseele
Sounds about right.
I think i read something like this around here somewhere.
knasser
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jun 6 2009, 10:48 PM) *
I'm kind of disappointed. I saw the title and subtitle of this thread and thought that somebody had recorded a funk mix of a Shadowrun song.

grinbig.gif I'll work on it!

Stahlsteele - thanks. Gencon would make sense. Very irritatiing if I have to wait until August, though.

K.
Stahlseele
Would you rather wait untill the release can be proclaimed on Holostreets, Along with Shadows of Latin America?
*runs for his life*
Ancient History
Now, now. Y'all're too old to believe in SoLA. Next thing you know you'll believe in anxiety closets and critters under the bed.
Stahlseele
As long as Cats and Dogs fall under the Category of Critters, damn straight i do <.<
I love cats, really i do, but i can't count how often i had one of them disappear under my bed and take swipes at my dangling hand and feet <.<
MYST1C
According to today's SR seminar at NordCon it is well possible that the German version of SR4A might actually hit the street before the English original. It is scheduled for a July release and well on track...

(And it will have a short Germany-focused add-on to the History chapter.)
daddystabz
So is the North American version going to release at GenCon on August 15th? Does anyone know?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jun 7 2009, 01:18 AM) *
According to today's SR seminar at NordCon it is well possible that the German version of SR4A might actually hit the street before the English original. It is scheduled for a July release and well on track...

(And it will have a short Germany-focused add-on to the History chapter.)

Damn it, i missed the Seminar <.<
There something planned for Sunday?
Adam
QUOTE (daddystabz @ Jun 6 2009, 07:22 PM) *
So is the North American version going to release at GenCon on August 15th? Does anyone know?

We haven't announced a street date yet. So, no, nobody knows an exact date yet. Part of the joy of printing overseas.
SincereAgape
The average gaming fan who does not follow SR/old fans who used to play the game probably don't know about the existence of SR 4.5 If a the 20th edition of shadowrun core rulebook hit the shelves in gaming stores or barnes and nobles and borders in all of it's "Shiny" glory, there could be a possibility that it could sell. Especially to the former gamer who used to play SR back in 1st - 3rd edition.

If the edition was to come out with a Shadowrun Funk Mix CD, it would sell even better.
daddystabz
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 6 2009, 07:28 PM) *
We haven't announced a street date yet. So, no, nobody knows an exact date yet. Part of the joy of printing overseas.

That kind of sucks because those of us that will be at GenCon will be looking to buy it while there and we would love to know well in advance so we can plan accordingly. It will be tough to be able to get in the doors early enough to get a crack at it. Can you even confirm if it will be a GenCon release at all or if that is your aim?
Adam
QUOTE (daddystabz @ Jun 6 2009, 08:18 PM) *
That kind of sucks because those of us that will be at GenCon will be looking to buy it while there and we would love to know well in advance so we can plan accordingly. It will be tough to be able to get in the doors early enough to get a crack at it. Can you even confirm if it will be a GenCon release at all or if that is your aim?

As we don't have a street date yet, no, I can't confirm anything about the availability at Gen Con.

If we have a limited number of any title at Gen Con -- like we did with CthulhuTech last year -- we'll set aside a number of them to be sold each day.
daddystabz
Ouch. That puts a major wrinkle in my GenCon plans. Time to restrategize.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 6 2009, 06:38 PM) *
Now, now. Y'all're too old to believe in SoLA.

Hey this is a game where we believe in elves, trolls, dragon and unicorns. Why not bewlieve in SoLA?
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 6 2009, 08:33 PM) *
As we don't have a street date yet, no, I can't confirm anything about the availability at Gen Con.

If we have a limited number of any title at Gen Con -- like we did with CthulhuTech last year -- we'll set aside a number of them to be sold each day.
sounds like the subject of a run- while they are in their booth on day 1, we find where they've hidden the books for days 2 and- go time.
toturi
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Jun 8 2009, 10:27 AM) *
sounds like the subject of a run- while they are in their booth on day 1, we find where they've hidden the books for days 2 and- go time.

Yes, but what Johnson would pay us to do it?
Cadmus
:peeks out from under a bed:: Yesssss nothing under here....yesssss...go back to sleep.

darthmord
Toturi, Adam might be the Johnson who hires you guys to retrieve them from the team that took the books from their hiding place. nyahnyah.gif

Asumming there WERE any books at Gencon (I still need to get to that convention some year).
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (toturi @ Jun 8 2009, 01:34 AM) *
Yes, but what Johnson would pay us to do it?

sometimes you don't take a run for the nuyen but because it's the right thing to do.
Would my ps-90 be overkill for this?
Knight Saber
I'm willing to wait as long as the book is perfect, with all the errata and issues discovered in the PDF fixed. No other RPG has had a chance to do this with a corebook, so I hope they take advantage of it.
Cardul
I am REALLY hoping the Limited Edition, with its Top Secret Special Cover will be in my hands before Gen Con...While I doubt Peter Taylor will actually beat GenCon for me to get it signed, one can hope, right? And, darn it, I want my Limited Editions(both total warfare, Battlecorps limited edition and SR4A limited Edition) signed!

Oh, and Ancient History: I believe in Duke Nuke'em Forever...so, yes, I believe we will see Holostreets and SoLA...maybe even this year!
Cadmus
In the Duke we trust, but in SoLA I won't hold my breath smile.gif

Chrysalis
Could the Catalyst team do a Gencon egg hunt?

Zolhex
No offence but not everyone can go to gencon so i'm hopeing for an earlier release. Mainly as I know friends who are going and can have them take it with them and get it signed.
Snow_Fox
unlikely as that's the premo platform for the industry and has been where they have launched from in the past.
no reason for them to change now.
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Knight Saber @ Jun 9 2009, 03:03 AM) *
I'm willing to wait as long as the book is perfect,

rotfl.gif I added the underline but if that is your critera, you'll be waiting a loooong time.
Adam
And you will never, ever buy a book again -- from anyone.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 9 2009, 10:22 PM) *
And you will never, ever buy a book again -- from anyone.

Lies!
you know how many books I have bought that have been "perfect bound"

OK , perhaps too obscure.

BlueMax
Adam
Five minutes until a really bad joke ... not bad, not bad. And now, back to work for me.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Adam @ Jun 9 2009, 10:30 PM) *
Five minutes until a really bad joke ... not bad, not bad. And now, back to work for me.

Sir, I am flattered.

BlueMax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012