Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would be better suited for a B&E type of character?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Marston
I was considering an adept in the beginning, but I wonder if a mystic adept would be able to use the adept power Cloak and cast Improved Invisibility while having the adept power Sustaining Focus, all the while wearing a Chameleon suit with thermal dampening. (Sustaining focus is being debated between me and myself and viewers like you.)
The obvious flaws, in terms of stealth, are smell, sound (isn't there an adept power or magic spell to counter this?), ultrasound detection, and astral detection.
Of course, throwing a slew of bullets in the direction of the character would also disrupt such stealth.

This character will be posted in the near future.
This character will also be a prime runner against the PCs in my campaign.

If augmentations are needed ..., please feel free to suggest some.

In terms or rules, I will be running under RAW, several players have yet to obtain SR4A.

Discuss.

Jaid
concealment (a spirit power) works against smell and there is a silence spell. you would want a personal version, mind you... there's nothing stealthy about a great big 5 meter moving zone of silence vs ultrasound.
Ard3
There is personal silence spell in BBB, p. 202.

Stealth (Realistic, Single-Sense)
Type: P • Range: LOS • Duration: S • DV: (F ÷ 2) +1
Stealth makes the subject less audible to normal hearing (including
augmented hearing). The subject moves in silence makes
less or no noise. Things not directly touched by the subject can
still make noise, so a character under a Stealth spell would make
no noise knocking on a door, but the door would make noise hitting
the floor or wall if it was kicked in.
Anyone who might hear the subject must first successfully
resist the spell. Simply make one Spellcasting Test and use the
hits scored as the threshold for anyone that resists at a later point.
Even if the spell is resisted, the subject might remain unnoticed if
she wins a Shadowing or Infiltration Test.

The Adept power is Living Focus and I would say dont take it. It doesn't remove the -2 penalty, it just moves it from caster to the adept.
So if you cast the spell yourself it is waste of power point. And Mystic Adepts need every point they can get.
Marston
Would there be any other improvements that would be need to increase their "sneakiness" and B&E abilities?
psychophipps
Single best B&E spell EVAR is *drum roll*...Detect Sensors.

'Nuff said...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012