Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Therianthropes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
rathmun
Exactly what is says on the tin, this is a poll.
[ Spoiler ]
Muspellsheimr
A bit more detail.

Therianthropy is not used exclusively to describe 'were' creatures, but includes all Human shape-changers, whether they be werewolves (& kin), shamanic shapeshifters, or other humans who transform into animals through spiritual or magical means.

It is also sometimes used to describe Human-Beast hybrids, similar to many Egyptian deities.

More details can be found here.
GreyBrother
Knew it since 2003 when i first delved into the stranger cultures that dwell in the internets.
MYST1C
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Jun 11 2009, 11:39 AM) *
Knew it since 2003 when i first delved into the stranger cultures that dwell in the internets.
Rule 34.
GreyBrother
No... this is actually something different *g*
Draco18s
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Jun 11 2009, 05:39 AM) *

There are stranger than therians.

Which are also subject to Rule 34, but isn't a rule 34 in and of itself.

For example, a super-set of therians; as therians are limited to real world animals.
knasser
Yes I did, but why "before today?" Has something happened? A Therianthrope killed the president or something? Wait... it's not because... there's a Running Wild preview? biggrin.gif

Goes to check. Oh. No it isn't because of that. frown.gif

So is there a reason I should be aware of or is this just happy randomness?

K.
Ancient History
Started in another thread.
GreyBrother
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jun 11 2009, 06:07 PM) *
There are stranger than therians.

Yes i know. Dragon Yaoi isn''t the strangest thing i've encountered. grinbig.gif I gave up on brain bleach in that matter.
Draco18s
QUOTE (GreyBrother @ Jun 11 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Yes i know. Dragon Yaoi isn''t the strangest thing i've encountered. grinbig.gif I gave up on brain bleach in that matter.

Oh, definately not, seeing as someone here did a Ryumyo/Lung slash fiction.
Or discussions involving Big D and brown elven nipples.
Jackstand
I knew it, but only because I study ancient Greek. nyahnyah.gif
KarmaInferno
Of course we know what that means.

We're all neeeerds.

Yes, I did know.

I disagree with what was stated in the first post, because I don't speak Greek. I speak English, and Lycanthrope is an English word now. Loan words, look them up some time.

If the Japanese are allowed to use "leftover" as a baseball term, then we can use Lycanthrope to refer to any were-creature. Language works that way, we're not French.
GreyBrother
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jun 12 2009, 07:29 AM) *
Language works that way, we're not French.

Good Man, i love you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012