Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: finromation on AAA corps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chrysalis
Hi,

Where can I find more detailed information on the AAA corps in SR than what can be found in the BBB? I have already used the sixth world wiki, but it does not have enough information.

I am interested in knowing how large a AAA corp is, how many members does it have, and how many covert assets. Also what is the scale of its war chest?
Ryu
Do you have Corporate Download or Corporate Shadowfiles? The later is older, but has IMO the better details on how the SR corps work.

The best size data (I remember) is relative, see the rating system in Corp Download pg. 119 ff.
Demonseed Elite
And there is a new Fourth Edition Corp Guide out soonish.
Blade
Or you can ask Nath. He's to the corps what Ancient History is to the metaplots.
Malachi
I could dump some info for ya, but if you want the full meal deal you should really buy Corporate Download (SR3 book). Corporate Guide is coming, but it's a few books down on the list right now...
Kanada Ten
Even in the mentioned sources, the information you're requesting doesn't exit beyond vague hints and abstract-grain-of-salt comparisons. There's nothing so simple as a population statistic or GDP listed, nor anything so nuanced as a fiscal statement. In fact, the wiki provides the best consolidated listing of the information I know of - even lacking Nath's list of corporations and their known affiliations.

Even working out some numbers becomes an effort in futility. Consider Horizon, smallest of the Big Ten. 127,000 employees for Disney. 250,000 employees for the Californian film industry. 1,716,000 if they employed all the advertisers in North America. 33,000 people snapping commlinks together. [edit] Then you have their telecom section, compare to SBC's regional employment, 13,000 or more. 6,000 making PMVs. And let's say the same teaching in Horizon sponsored schools? If we assume they have a police force, lawyers and medical services proportional to the average American population, then we have another 299,320 employees. So that's around 2,450,320 Horizon citizens. And they're the smallest, with only a cursory military. I'm thinking a Gross Profit of a meager 94,948,237,920 nuyen, but due mostly to high Margins (50% or above) and an out of control Debt Ratio (120-150%). Yes, I do practice voodoo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012