Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what happened to denver?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
puke
sorry if this has been dealt with somewhere, but i didnt see anything in a forum search and i dont have all my old 1st through 4th ed rulebooks here to cross check. but i recently got the chance to take a quick glance through the 20th anniversary PDF (looks VERY nice, looking forward to buying a hard copy) and saw the map at the back.

Didnt see denver on it. just took a quick glance, and maybe missed it. I was kind of expecting it to be having the "major sprawl" icon, or even the "split city" icon which there seemed to be at least two others of. but i didnt see it on there at all. Has the treaty city been written out of the canon background?

Thinking back, I seem to remember an earlier printing (maybe 3rd? maybe 4th?) didnt even have Denver on the border, but well within someone's national boundries. did the borders shift at some point? is denver no longer a significant city? its been a long time since 2050 and these thing can change. so im just curious, really.
Malachi
You just missed it. Denver's there with a "noteworthy sprawl" star. It is its own little country now, including the cities of Boulder and Colorado Springs, according to the map. In 2061 a Great Dragon named Ghostwalker showed up, kicked out Aztlan, then set the whole city up as his personal domain. So, the city looks quite different now.
puke
Thanks!

which book has the Gostwalker fiction in it? one of the modules or the "dragons of the sixth world" sourcebook? are there any updated maps or setting info for the city?

Chibu
Those stories are in Year of the Comet, one of my favorite books.

Edit: Actually, I really like about half of it, and don't like the rest at all lol.
Malachi
QUOTE (puke @ Jun 11 2009, 01:53 PM) *
Thanks!

which book has the Gostwalker fiction in it? one of the modules or the "dragons of the sixth world" sourcebook? are there any updated maps or setting info for the city?

Year of the Comet covered the initial appearance of Ghostwalker and his war against the Aztlan sector. Dragons of the Sixth World talks about the aftermath. No updated maps or large treatises on the city itself yet. The best info you're going to get is in Dragons of the Sixth World. That's not really a bad thing, IMO that book is one of the best sourcebooks written.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Malachi @ Jun 11 2009, 03:57 PM) *
That's not really a bad thing, IMO that book is one of the best sourcebooks written.

It's the only 3rd edition book I kept around after clearing my (small) hard drive of 3rd edition pdfs when our group went 4th. So much good stuff.
Kingboy
QUOTE (Malachi @ Jun 11 2009, 03:57 PM) *
No updated maps or large treatises on the city itself yet.

Other than the free-to-download 20+ Missions that take place in Denver in the 2070's and the Welcome to Denver article introducing that particular Missions campaign, nope, no updated information at all. smile.gif

Yes the background is going to be mostly specific to the Missions campaign events, but that gives a good bit of info about the Organized Crime setup in modern Denver, and there are plenty of maps to be had, both for the overall city and closeups of specific areas therein.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012