Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Extended Tests vs Initiative Passes Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
shazar
Hey all, great forums and information around!

Getting back into Shadowrun after quite a bit of time off.

One thing I am having a hard time figuring out is how extended tests work with initiative passes. I guess the easiest example would be a test that take 1 Combat Turn. What if you have 3 initiative passes? Do you need to spend all 3 doing that action for the whole combat turn, or can you just spend one of your initiative passes to do it?

Oh, another thing I am curious about is the Hidden Arm Slide (SR4 pg 311). It says hidden and it goes under clothes, but doesn't say its effect on conceal rating. Also it says pistol-sized weapons can be stored there... how do I do know what "size" a weapon is?

Thanks,
Patrick
DireRadiant
QUOTE (shazar @ Jun 12 2009, 10:54 AM) *
Oh, another thing I am curious about is the Hidden Arm Slide (SR4 pg 311). It says hidden and it goes under clothes, but doesn't say its effect on conceal rating. Also it says pistol-sized weapons can be stored there... how do I do know what "size" a weapon is?

Thanks,
Patrick

Chart on p. 302 for relative sizes might be useful.

If it uses Pistols skill to use, it could go on the slide. Some Tasers, hold outs, light pistols and pistols.

Personally I'd apply at least the same mod as the Concealable Holster even though it doesn't say in the description. Nothing in the errata either.

DireRadiant
QUOTE (shazar @ Jun 12 2009, 10:54 AM) *
One thing I am having a hard time figuring out is how extended tests work with initiative passes. I guess the easiest example would be a test that take 1 Combat Turn. What if you have 3 initiative passes? Do you need to spend all 3 doing that action for the whole combat turn, or can you just spend one of your initiative passes to do it?

Yes.

The player can use just one, or choose to use more. I suggest only allowing this for threshold intervals of a combat turn.
Malachi
I've been playing it that a 1 Combat Turn interval uses all IP's of that character in the Combat Turn.
shazar
So one reply for each way to do it!!!!

Do we have any idea what the game developers intended?
Strict9
Ok here is my opinion.

As an example...

On page 138 for movement it says
"This rate is the distance the character moves by that method per Combat Turn (not per initiative pass)"

This to me means that even though you act faster you can only do so many things because of reflex in a 3 second period. Basically they are saying divide your movement by your initiative passes and that's how far you move in the whole combat turn, not each pass.

So I would think that if the action is a Combat Turn action your character eliminates his other initiative passes because it takes the whole round to accomplish said task (full 3 seconds of attention).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012