Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for tips
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Termi
I'm new to SR4 and looking for some tips to make my character better. Here's what I have so far:

Human Adept (5 BP)

Attr: (275 BP)
B:4
A:5(9)
R:5
S:3
C:2
I:3
L:2
W:4
Edge: 3
Magic: 6 (5)

Skills: (106 BP)

Unarmed/MA: 6(8)
Infiltration/Urban:4(6)
Perception/Visual:2(4)
Etiquette:1
Pistols/Semi-auto:2(4)
Gymnastics:4
Pilot GC/Bikes:1(3)
Locksmith:2

Positive Qualities: (30 BP)
Martial Arts 4 -20 Ninjitsu and Muay Thai for Infiltration, Gymnastics, and +2 DV
Restricted Gear - Muscle Toner

Negative Qualities: (-35 BP)
Sensitive System
Criminal SINner
Records on File

Resources: 85,000 (17 BP)

Adept powers:
Improved Reflexes 2
Killing Hands
Critical Strike 4
Elemental Strike: Blast
Penetrating Strike 2

Bioware:
Muscle Toner 4

Just looking to see if there are any tweaks I can make to improve him. Going for a stealth-based character who uses unarmed combat, although there's times a silenced pistol is just needed (some places you can't always reach your target). Took 4 maneuvers for the martials arts - Full Offense, Set-Up, Finishing Move and Disarm.

Thanks in advance!
Octopiii
You have too many powers for your power points. 3.5 + .5 + 1 + 1 = 6. You only have 5 magic. Drop Nerve Strike.
Termi
Hmm, thought they had dropped Imp. Reflexes II to 2.5 in SR4A?
Andinel
Yes, they did. And even before then it was 3, not 3.5, so your Adept powers are just fine the way they are.
Malachi
QUOTE (Termi @ Jun 12 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Hmm, thought they had dropped Imp. Reflexes II to 2.5 in SR4A?

True.

Nerve Strike looks cool, but I think it is overpriced for the effect. Take Elemental Strike (Electricity) and you'll get as-good or better non-lethal damage potential. Throw in 2 points of Penetrating Strike with the extra 0.5 points and you've got one nasty Melee build.
Termi
Updated.

What determines the Force rating on Elemental strike? The DV of the attack?
Strict9
Unless I'm wrong isn't it that you can only spend half the total value of your build points on attributes?
Termi
QUOTE (Strict9 @ Jun 12 2009, 04:59 PM) *
Unless I'm wrong isn't it that you can only spend half the total value of your build points on attributes?

I think you're right. The attributes include Magic and Edge, which doesn't count against that. I only spent 200 BP on the rest.
Malachi
QUOTE (Strict9 @ Jun 12 2009, 04:59 PM) *

You can only spend up to 200BP on Physical and Mental attributes. Special Attributes (Magic and Edge) are exempt from this. I didn't add up the points, is the build over the limit?

@Termi: The Elemental attack does the same damage as your Unarmed attack. Yes, I would say that it "stacks" with Critical Strike. Elemental Strike just means your attacks do Elemental damage now.
Matsci
QUOTE (Strict9 @ Jun 12 2009, 02:59 PM) *

He's counting magic, like the example characters. The 1/2 Bp only means BARSLICW.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012