Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some help?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
p4rtridge
Allright so we are playing a mercenary style game, and i decided to model my character as an ex-tir ghost (long back story about him being an adept and i just wanted to get a few opinions on my build..
400BP (397 used)
B-3
A-7(10)
R-5
S-2
C-3
I-2
L-2
WP-2
Edge-1
magic-6

Qualties
pos:
adept

neg-
Scorched
Mod addiction(stimpaks)
sensitive system

Skills:
Automatics(AR Spec)-6(12)
Throwing-3
Running(urban)-2
Gymnastics(jumping)-4
Navigation(urban)-2
Climbing(Building scaling)-3
Blades(knives)-3
Shadowing-3
Infiltration(urban)-6
Perception-3

Powers
improved phys attribute(lvl 3) (3)
improved ability:automatics(lvl6) (3)
Not gonna go over all my gear but w/my stealth spec i have a chameleon suit w/ a bunch of tasty addons im using an ares alpha w/ ex-explosive rounds, i have some grenades...

any suggestions on some gear or maybe some different abilities?
Termi
Just a couple of things - I'm no expert on building, myself. But skills have a maximum cap of base rating x 1.5, which would be a 9 for your automatics. So a +3 is about the highest you can get for an Improved Ability.

As for the Improved Attribute, it would probably be cheaper in the long run to pick up some bioware or cyberware, depending on the attribute you're improving. Or to get Attribute Boost, which you have to activate, but the power point cost is cheaper.

I'd also consider getting some sort of enhancement to initiative passes - either Improved Reflexes from being an adept, or synaptic boosters. Combat sense might come in handy, also.
crizh
Depending on your character concept you will be better off with Muscle Toner than Improved Physical Attribute.

Drop your Magic to 5 and Agility to 6 and spend 5 BP's on Restricted Gear (RC) and buy Muscle Toner 4. That will give you an Agility of 10 and you'll still have 4 Power Points to spend on other stuff.

You can't raise any skill by more than half it's Current Rating with Improved Ability (you may not have the errata) so you can only buy 3 more dice of Automatics. That will leave you 2.5 Power Points which is enough for Improved Reflexes 2.

By my count that frees up 45BP to spend on other stuff.
p4rtridge
So.....when i eventually gain karma i can spend it for power points correct? is it on a 1-for-1 basis?
Aaron
There's a problem with your build: it doesn't have a medkit.
Jackstand
QUOTE (p4rtridge @ Jun 12 2009, 09:07 PM) *
So.....when i eventually gain karma i can spend it for power points correct? is it on a 1-for-1 basis?

No and no, unfortunately. You gain power points by raising your magic attribute, which means you will need to become an initiate, first, to do so.

Also, I see that your improved attribute is in Agility, raising it from seven to ten, which would actually be six power points, all on its own.
Glyph
Your adept abilities have rules-related problems - you are going over the natural maximum for you Improved Attribute power, which means it actually costs 6 points (even under the newer, anniversary edition of the book, which makes a few adept powers cheaper, it would cost 4.5 points). Improved ability can only improve a skill to 1.5 x rating, so even a skill of 6 or 7 can only get 3 levels of improved ability.

Skill-wise, you are spending 42 points on skills/specializations within the athletics skill group - buy the skill group at 4, instead. Later on, you can break up the skill group and pick up some specializations. Also, you can only have a single skill of 6, or two skills of 5, at character creation. You have two 6's.

Advice-wise, I would recommend not starting out with Agility: 7 and Magic: 6. Starting with a base Agility of 6 and a Magic of 5 saves you 50 points! Points that you can use to shore up some weak Attributes, and maybe raise your Edge. I would probably either take a point of bioware, or, if you want to stay "natural", get improved reflexes: 2, improved ability/automatics: 3, Attribute/Agility boost: 1, and an improved sense such as flare compensation or vision magnification (this will let you fit your smartlink and other needed visual enhancements on a pair of contacts, instead of needing glasses or goggles). Trust me, even for a sneaky guy, you want some decent dodging and damage soaking ability, and multiple initiative passes.
Stingray
QUOTE (p4rtridge @ Jun 13 2009, 04:30 AM) *
Allright so we are playing a mercenary style game, and i decided to model my character as an ex-tir ghost (long back story about him being an adept and i just wanted to get a few opinions on my build..
400BP (397 used)
B-3
A-7(10)
R-5
S-2
C-3
I-2
L-2
WP-2
Edge-1
magic-6

Qualties
pos:
adept

neg-
Scorched
Mod addiction(stimpaks)
sensitive system

Skills:
Automatics(AR Spec)-6(12)
Throwing-3
Running(urban)-2
Gymnastics(jumping)-4
Navigation(urban)-2
Climbing(Building scaling)-3
Blades(knives)-3
Shadowing-3
Infiltration(urban)-6
Perception-3

Powers
improved phys attribute(lvl 3) (3)
improved ability:automatics(lvl6) (3)
Not gonna go over all my gear but w/my stealth spec i have a chameleon suit w/ a bunch of tasty addons im using an ares alpha w/ ex-explosive rounds, i have some grenades...

any suggestions on some gear or maybe some different abilities?

Drop Scorched negative quality,add Sinner (5 bp),(as offficial Tir citizen), Drop stimpack addicticion to mild and add Sensitive Neural
Structure negative quality.or drop Addiction Add Records on File(10 bp,Runners Companion p 109.as Tir Military Service)
Scorched (-2 dice pool to resist addiction) and moderate addiction with Willpower 2 is NOT good combination..
also as merc. Erased (Runners Companion p .97) positive quality wold be good..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012