Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancers and re-registering
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
lowendz113
So this is a very poorly constructed paragraph and I'm having trouble understanding it. It says [quote]"This process is the same except each hit...adds another owed task." It says nothing about net hits. Does that mean that once I register a sprite all of my success automatically translate into tasks?
Golgoth
From what I understand, it works the same as a spirit. You compile the rating X sprite, and you get say 5 successes. They rating X sprite rolls X dice and gets 3 successes, you now have 2 net tasks and roll your soak to try and wash away 6 damage.
lowendz113
You do not take fading (the techno version of drain). It says nothing along those lines. I read it pretty much line by line with summoning. They are similar but do have their differences.
Cain
Proably what they mean is this: when you bind a Sprite, you need to spend one net success in order to bind it. When re-registering it, you don't need that net, since it's already bound to you. So, all your successes in excess of it translate into extra tasks. This is pretty much how the spirit rules work. Oh, and you still take Drain.
toolbox
QUOTE (lowendz113 @ Jun 13 2009, 02:27 AM) *
You do not take fading (the techno version of drain). It says nothing along those lines. I read it pretty much line by line with summoning. They are similar but do have their differences.

Yes you do.

QUOTE (SR4A p.243)
Fading is the mental stress that occurs when a technomancer pushes his
abilities. It happens when he threads a complex form (p. 239) or compiles,
decompiles, or registers a sprite (p. 241).
lowendz113
Wow. It would be nice if they put that in the description of registering. I love SR, but the books are very poorly organized.
Da9iel
This version is great! You should've seen the others. At least these two snippets are in the same book.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012