Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ork Undeground
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stingray
Does Ork Underground have "housing" system for tenents?
Friend of mine want to play Changeling Ork (w/Sinner),who lives legally in
Underground but his Day Job is topside..
if so, what would be Lifestyle.. Low? Middle?
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Stingray @ Jun 14 2009, 09:47 AM) *
Does Ork Underground have "housing" system for tenents?
Friend of mine want to play Changeling Ork (w/Sinner),who lives legally in
Underground but his Day Job is topside..
if so, what would be Lifestyle.. Low? Middle?

It's quite organized, especially by 2070, even if not by the systems and standards of the corporate world. I don't believe I have ever seen anything RAW about this, but my impressions and recollections from older material would suggest that it could be either, or even technically "squatter". The fact that the Day Job is above ground would give you the income to afford the extra comforts and so forth to qualify for a middle lifestyle. I would actually suggest using the Advanced Lifestyles rules from Runner's Companion. That way you can make it a better fit than shooting for a ganeral category. Pay special attention to the "options" at the end.
Stingray
QUOTE (Kerenshara @ Jun 14 2009, 04:54 PM) *
It's quite organized, especially by 2070, even if not by the systems and standards of the corporate world. I don't believe I have ever seen anything RAW about this, but my impressions and recollections from older material would suggest that it could be either, or even technically "squatter". The fact that the Day Job is above ground would give you the income to afford the extra comforts and so forth to qualify for a middle lifestyle. I would actually suggest using the Advanced Lifestyles rules from Runner's Companion. That way you can make it a better fit than shooting for a ganeral category. Pay special attention to the "options" at the end.

My friend knows that but question is could his official address be (example)?
Gregor Nielsen
80080 apartment 6 a
Ork Underground, Seattle

His Day Job would be in Big Rhino.
Ancient History
"Welcome...to the Orkave."

Addresses are old-fashioned things. Stick a tag on the roof and use the GPS coordinates and depth. If anyone wants to mail you a package, they send it to your P.O. box.
Kerenshara
QUOTE (Stingray @ Jun 14 2009, 10:21 AM) *
My friend knows that but question is could his official address be (example)?
Gregor Nielsen
80080 apartment 6 a
Ork Underground, Seattle

His Day Job would be in Big Rhino.

Oh, sorry. Missed that part.

QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 14 2009, 10:38 AM) *
"Welcome...to the Orkave."

Addresses are old-fashioned things. Stick a tag on the roof and use the GPS coordinates and depth. If anyone wants to mail you a package, they send it to your P.O. box.

Yeah, what HE said. *grin* Now, NAVIGATING to there is another problem if you're not a native.
Kanada Ten
Of course we have addresses, omae- how else the taxman gonna find ya? Whether it's the skraacha thugs or the Underground Authority (our democratically elected thugs) who come knocking, they both come with one hand held out and one hand holding an AK. You can't just have electricity delivered to a PO Box; or water or air, for that matter. You need pipes and cables and a place to send the bill collector with his billy club. We've got addresses, all indexed and very official sounding, with names stolen from all the dead, half-forgotten freedom fighters of our time: Urtan Road, Chadawick Rue, Bearfist Blvd... As if this apocryphal bureaucracy represents the freedoms we fought for; as if the sex trade represents the employment opportunities we rallied and railed for. Sure, there are places deep and far enough from the civil services to go without names and numbers, but those places are shrinking all the time, digging further and further into the dark.

People like to say how you can have whatever lifestyle you earn down here, but the truth is that you can have whatever you can protect or steal. I know a trog who's got what passes for a mansion, complete with a pool and the betties to fill it, along with a personal elevator to the street- but he pays more for guards than the UA does for our eminent "police force". Most of us get by in the luxury of modern poverty: starving bellies kept complacent in beetle bliss. What damp pisshole isn't a castle to the virtual eye? I always said AR would be the end of the real underground, the end of anything like independence. The beautiful darkness replaced by the same neon unreality of the surface. Is this the equality we were fighting for? Was it worth the blood we paid for it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012