Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creative BTL use
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Siege
Question: BTLs alter mood and body chemistry.

Couldn't BTL chips be created for express mind/body altering purposes like:

1. Spiking adrenaline?
2. Accelerating heart rate?
3. Numbing or suppressing pain?

-Siege
Zazen
Yeah, but Beetle Muscles still wouldn't compare to Coke Muscles. I watched two of my friends go "punch for punch" once after consuming a considerable amount of cocaine. They didn't stop for a long damn time and the next day they were wailing in pain from their disgusting discolored upper arms.
Kagetenshi
Why wouldn't they compare? They'd be causing exactly the same reactions, only without the limitations of the mean lethal dose of the primary drug, just of the adrenaline involved.

~J
Zazen
Because coke is soooo much cooler than everything else, according to my two friends. And by cool I mean totally sweet.

It was just an excuse to relay that funny story of my idiot friends waking up with bruised pus-filled arms. wink.gif
Panzergeist
What I want to know is, can you slot a chip in someone's head and force them to run it against their will? Running a Weapons of Ass Destruction 3 simsense could be a great torture technique.
simonw2000
Ooooh...

What about using BTL'S to hypnotise/brainwash people? BTL's work best when directly connected to the brain, so why not?
mfb
yeah, that'd be great. if i were in charge, i'd put rules like that in the Cannon Companion--probably around page 68 or so!
Austere Emancipator
Agreed, that'd be a great place for such a rule. rotfl.gif
Squire
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
What I want to know is, can you slot a chip in someone's head and force them to run it against their will? Running a Weapons of Ass Destruction 3 simsense could be a great torture technique.

Why yes. Yes you can.

Read Chapter 27 of Nigel Findley's Shadowplay and also the corrections section of the Lone Star Sourcebook.
Panzergeist
Sweet. Give us the location of the prototype, or we give you some good prison lovin'!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012