Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Agent Reloading
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Night Jackal
Let's say you are hacker and crashed a IC agent with Attack program. According to the rules that renders the agent back to its loaded condition instead of running.

So lets say the spider takes a complex action to Run IC agent again....does it reload with no damage or does it need Medic on it first to repair the damage before it can be reloaded?

Can you just load a fresh copy from your datachip instead of the crashed one??

I looked though the books came up with this lack of infro and can't seem to find the answer.
crizh
There is no indication in the rules anywhere that Icons retain damage to their Matrix Condition Monitor when re-loaded after a Crash.

Such a scenario makes little sense. It is the running instance that is being attacked, not the binary in long term storage.

Nothing to stop a Hacker with the relevant access deleting or corrupting that binary....
Night Jackal
So, what you saying if the Hacker is in cybercombat with a Spider and a IC agent and he crashes the IC Agent by doing enough damage to the icon.

The Spider can simple take a run program action and re-activate the Agent? Though remember the IC will still have to take actions to run its programs in its payload before it can use them. And the Agent has full health again?
paws2sky
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, there is a piece of IC in Unwired that does nothing... except re-launch programs (including IC) that have crashed.

-paws
Malachi
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Jun 16 2009, 10:33 AM) *
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall, there is a piece of IC in Unwired that does nothing... except re-launch programs (including IC) that have crashed.

-paws

Correct, the Singularity Encore. Unwired p. 71. If the crashed IC has programs, it will need to spend a Complex Action to activate each one of those.
crizh
It's totally my favourite piece of IC ever.

Singularity Encore for the win.
deek
There's also a new program/action in Unwired that stops a program from running...can't remember the name but if the rest of my memory serves, you could easily "attack" an IC's attack program and lock it up so it can't reload or use it.

So, while an IC can be reloaded after crashed, if you don't crash it and make the attacking program ineffective, you still "win".
crizh
You're thinking of Disarm. Unfortunately reloading the program in question fixes it.

Great to use on the Spider's Analyse Program...
hobgoblin
i just wish there was a way to disable the comlink of a AR user, permanently...
deek
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jun 17 2009, 03:45 PM) *
i just wish there was a way to disable the comlink of a AR user, permanently...

Bullets?
paws2sky
QUOTE (deek @ Jun 17 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Bullets?

I was going to suggest a sledgehammer.

-paws
Kingboy
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Jun 17 2009, 04:15 PM) *
I was going to suggest a sledgehammer.

-paws

And that's why I upgraded to the R10 Armored chassis for my commlink ladies and gentlemen... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012