Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoax?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stahlseele
A User with the Nickname SandT just posted this on the MegaMek/Battle-Tech Board.
Hi All! I work over at Smith & Tinker, and wanted to post here to let you know what we have been up to lately. While our company is still not ready to release our plans for the IPā€™s that we have licensed from Microsoft, I thought you might be interested in checking out our new game. It is our first game, and we just released it into public beta. If you want to test it out, we would love to hear your thoughts: http://www.nanovor.com/play.

I promise that Smith & Tinker has great plans for Jordanā€™s previous creations, so stay posted and hang in there!

After 5 to 10 Minutes of Investigation it DOES seem legit enough, but i would still advise to stay on the side of Caution.

Aunt Edith has this to say:
"Original Post here"
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/in...html#msg1278759
nezumi
Well, Weisman is in fact CEO of Smith & Tinker, and does in fact currently have the video game rights to all FASA products. Certainly seems legit there. And we all knew Weisman wouldn't invest in those rights unless he had something planned. I'm a little sad that, of all three products, he went with that one, since it is, while great, I think my least favorite, and the least represented in video games.
Stahlseele
I didn't even know that untill i saw the name O.o
Mr. Man
"You know, for the kids!"

They couldn't find a way to do this in Flash?

VOR was actually somewhat popular in my area back in the day, but people I talk to say that was an anomaly.

Looks like VOR 2.0 is in the works?
Method
Could be testing the waters...
Adam
What do you think is the hoax here? Smith and Tinker is real. Nanover is real. They're working on a ton of stuff, some of which is already out, such as the Personal Effects: Dark Art novel/ARG.

Vor 2.0 has nothing to do with Smith and Tinker.
Medicineman
What do you think is the hoax here?
We're Germans, we Play Shadowrun .
We're very correct with our Paranoia

Hough !
Medicineman
Stahlseele
*snickers* ^^
GreyBrother
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jun 19 2009, 09:09 AM) *
What do you think is the hoax here?
We're Germans, we Play Shadowrun .
We're very correct with our Paranoia

100% agree, they even make their neighboring countrys suffer for it! rotfl.gif
Draco18s
I signed up on the site, but I can't play the game. Get an error logging into the game.
'S unfortunate, I wanted to play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012