Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gang turf 2071
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
noonesshowmonkey
So I am working off of the New Seattle source book, making a GoogleMaps overlay for gang territory. The only thing is that certain gangs are named as "operating in Renton" or things of that sort. The following are a list of gangs that I am trying to place but can't find textual reference for their turf.

Any suggestions on sourcebooks that might help would also be handy.

Ancients
Cutters
Merlyns
Holloweeners (stated that they operate downtown but no turf is listed)
Scatterbrains (mentioned as occupying some of the territory in the Everett docks owned by the Kabuki Ronin - any more info?)

This is to start, more later!
noonesshowmonkey
Add The Dissemblers to that list. The most precise reference I can find is "South Seattle". That is a LOT of turf!
Backgammon
Vice will containt an update on some of these gangs
Jaid
i have a hard time believing gang territory is a particularly static thing. it will probably move on a fairly regular basis.
Stingray
QUOTE (noonesshowmonkey @ Jun 18 2009, 11:59 PM) *
So I am working off of the New Seattle source book, making a GoogleMaps overlay for gang territory. The only thing is that certain gangs are named as "operating in Renton" or things of that sort. The following are a list of gangs that I am trying to place but can't find textual reference for their turf.

Any suggestions on sourcebooks that might help would also be handy.

Ancients
Cutters
Merlyns
Holloweeners (stated that they operate downtown but no turf is listed)
Scatterbrains (mentioned as occupying some of the territory in the Everett docks owned by the Kabuki Ronin - any more info?)

This is to start, more later!

Merlyns are no gang (anymore), they work now for Capa Rowena O'Malley (Mafia)
Runner Haven p. 84
noonesshowmonkey
Sad face.

Thus far 4 replies and a bunch of views and only Stingray can offer me any kind of data.

I will hafta get a copy of Runner Havens and wait for Vice.

Please. Anyone?
Adam
A lot of this stuff isn't written in stone to give you more flexibility in running your campaigns.
wylie
the Ancients claim all of Seattle as their turf

always have as Seattle's premire Elven Go-Gang

The Cutters also operate all over Seattle

Scatterbrains in Everett

Halloweeners in downtown Seattle

SEATTLE GANGS AT A GLANCE
Gang Name Colors Turf Size Notes
162s Brown/Red Redmond S Ghoul gang
405 Hellhounds Red/Orange Bellevue M Go-gang
Ancients Green Seattle L Elven go-gang
Blood Brothers Black/Purple Auburn S Black ethnic gang
Blood Mountain Boys Brown/Red Renton M Urban primitive gang
Cereal Killers Black/Blue Seattle grid S Matrix gang
Chulos Brown Puyallup M Latino ethnic gang
Crimson Crush Red Redmond M Ork gang
Cutters Gold/Green Seattle L Business-oriented gang
Desolation Angels Black/Green Seattle S Female gang
Disassemblers Gray/White Downtown M Organleggers
First Nations Blue Everett M AmerInd ethnic gang
Halloweeners Black/Orange Downtown M Thrill gang
Leather Devils Red/Black Bellevue S Gay go-gang
Night Hunters Black/Silver Renton S Racist human thrill gang
Ragers Black/Gray Tacoma S Metahuman gang
Reality Hackers Chrome/Gold Puyallup M Matrix gang
Rusted Stilettos Black/Rust Redmond S Mutant gang
Scatterbrains Orange Everett S Prankster gang
Skraacha Brown/Gray Ork Underground M Ork gang
Specters Silver/Green Astral S Wizzer gang
Spikes Brown/Gold Tacoma M Troll biker gang
Troll Killers Green/Red Downtown S Racist human gang

runner havens in a nutshell

i agree that the turf line keep moving, and with the Ghost Cartels in full swing, I expect some gangs to grow, and others disappear
Chibu
Hi there. I've been trying to write this post since you originally posted, but I keep getting distracted or have to do other things.

Anyway:

The Scatterbrains claim ALL of the docks as their territory, and like to pull "pranks" on other gangs that claim the same territory.

The Ancients do indeed claim "Seattle" as their territory. The reason they don't "Enforce" it as other gangs do is that they are a Go Gang. Basically, they ride around on motorcycles and whatever. I wound venture that by the 70's they are generally more of a smuggling cartel than a go game as that is what Sting had been heading toward in the past two decades.

The Cutters They are not really a normal gang. They fancy themselves to be a kind of corp. They're alot more powerful/influential than most other gangs in the Seattle sprawl, and most of the other gangs will go out of their way to avoid them rather than get into it. As such, they are not really a "street gang" like you're probably thinking. They don't really have "territory" per se, but they do operate throughout the entire plex.

That leaves The Halloweeners. I can't think right now... for the life of me I can't seem to figure out where the Haloweeners call home either. Ah well.

Most of this information, can be found in the Underworld Sourcebook. However, much of it is also simply inferred from references elsewhere. Anyway, I hope this post helps you out a bit with your gang situation.
Tiger Eyes
Vice really will have more info on gangs (there's a full chapter just on gangs). But like Adam said, we leave the specifics of locations to individual GMs, so each game can tailor it to fit.

The Ancients, for example, are an international gang. That means they have chapters in lots of sprawls. In Seattle, they have a large base of operations in Tarislar, but they roam the city pretty much at will.

The Halloweeners are a downtown gang.
Critias
I know the Princes of the Blood got absorbed into the Laesa syndicate, too (another change between editions/sourcebooks). Can't wait for Vice, though. The more I hear about it, the more I wish it was one of the first SR4 products released.
noonesshowmonkey
The reason that I am asking in such a specific fashion is that with the googlemaps overlay I can cut out territory for each gang and was thinking of possibly making the overlay public and searchable as a general resource.

As such I would like to have the most complete and up to date information possible and leave as little to my own fiat as possible if there are canon references that I can draw from.
BishopMcQ
NoOnes--If you want to draw lines on the map, I'd say when looking at Google everything from southern Georgetown to Tukwila would fit the South Seattle descriptor. Put the lines where you want them and call it good enough. There are no canon references that say from XX to YY is this gang's territory. This is in large part, as the devs have said, to make sure that you can adapt the information to your game, and also because a gang's territoryis fluid and ever shifting. If you don't believe me, look into Tagging and Over Tagging--gangs commonly push back and forth across boundaries to mark other territory and other gangs push back themselves to do the same thing.
Stingray
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jun 21 2009, 07:03 AM) *
NoOnes--If you want to draw lines on the map, I'd say when looking at Google everything from southern Georgetown to Tukwila would fit the South Seattle descriptor. Put the lines where you want them and call it good enough. There are no canon references that say from XX to YY is this gang's territory. This is in large part, as the devs have said, to make sure that you can adapt the information to your game, and also because a gang's territoryis fluid and ever shifting. If you don't believe me, look into Tagging and Over Tagging--gangs commonly push back and forth across boundaries to mark other territory and other gangs push back themselves to do the same thing.

..and some gangs operate in same turfs.. Scatterbrains and Kabuki Ronins...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012