Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melee/Dual Wielding?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KyosukeDei
Hey, me and my buds have recently picked up on shadowrun, and there are some stuff we're still confused about in terms of combat and etc.

One is melee damage, and AP, with dual wielding.

For example if I wield 2 daggers that are str/2+2 -1 AP how does it work? Do i only apply the one single weapon damage or both? I read somewhere that when attacking with a complex action with dual wield melee weapons, you get a -1AP to opponents dice pool. (Not sure where if anyone knows please put post thanks).

1) Basically do I get a bonus damage for using 2 weapons in the attack? I ask this because the 4e book says "[melee combat] it represents several seconds of feints, jabs, punches, counters, attacks, defends, kicks, and bites by both combatants at the same time."

Now in that case wouldn't i use both my weapons to apply damage? or do i just get a bonus of -1AP?

2nd) does AP from both weapons stack so i get -2AP? same for reach does, reach stack? (I'm guessing reach doesn't stack cause its juts distance).

We're gotten to understand the part about melee attacks splitting the dice pool too attack even a single target or multiple targets, but single target with both weapons with a complex action should tecnically give you more than just a -1AP bonus? or is that really it?

In other words if I attack with 2 blade weapons shouldn't i do both damages + AP mods? Cause Pistols allows you you basically too shoot once than shoot again with 13 dice almost each time?

3rd) Also if you do a surprise/stealth attack, and call shot attack, you are suppose to treat this attack as a success test. So as long as there is one success I hit? That's it? Do i roll something for damage or take the DV from my success roll?

BullZeye
I haven't seen the -1AP rule anywhere on melee. If you dual wield, you do two attacks with split dicepool and hence can do double damage if you hit with both. Both will be rolled separately, same with defense and soak against them. There's some extra rules in Arsenal about dual wielding, but I don't have my book at hand at the moment but if you have Arsenal, check it out.

So...
1) You get the chance to hit twice.

2) Two separate items don't really stack. If you have two knives, they won't pierce any better now do they wink.gif So, no, AP nor Reach do not stack. Damage doesn't stack either, you roll against every hit separately.

3) Calling a shot you get a malus for your attack but then every success beyond the first increases the damage, just as it would on a normal hit. The opponent just doesn't get to roll the defense, only soak. Damage is always a flat number + successes. So in case of the knives, it's Str/2+2+extra successes and the opponent loses a die from the armor if you hit (because of the AP of -1).
Mäx
QUOTE (BullZeye @ Jun 19 2009, 01:32 PM) *
If you dual wield, you do two attacks with split dicepool and hence can do double damage if you hit with both.

You don't need two weapons for that, in melee you can make as many attack as you like( up to the total size of you dicepool, as every attack needs at least one die)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012