Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upgrades for using 2 melee weapons simultaneously
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gabreel
I typically use two katanas at once and my initial plan was to split the dice pool (which is a total of 14 so 7/hand) and then add a bunch of modifiers later. Now that later has arrived, and I have some money and Karma, I was looking for mods for the swords to add dice AFTER I've split them but the only thing my team could find was the customized grip.

Does anyone know of any other modifiers to this or any of the other one handed blades that would boost my dice pool post seperation? This makes just one die addition into two because you can add one to each sword.

Thanks!
paws2sky
Specialization

-paws
Gabreel
Looking into this...

Thx for the response!
paws2sky
I don't have Arsenal handy, but I think some of those have bonuses to using blades. Might just be DV bonuses though.

Hmm. I can't really think of anything else, off the top of my head.

-paws

PS Also check the wording on Reach. You might be able to squeak an extra die out there. Wish I had my books handy...

CodeBreaker
If you have access to Arsenal (And I presume you do, what with Customised Grip being mentioned) you might wanna look at picking up a Martial Art from the last chapter, mainly because of some of the maneuvers you can learn from them.

For example;

Multi-Strike
A character with this maneuver has trained in attacking multiple
targets or with two weapons at once. Apply a +1 dice pool
modifier to the total dice pool (not the split dice pools) whenever
the character attacks more than one opponent in the same action
(see Multiple Targets, p. 148, SR4) or attacks with two melee weapons
at once (see p. 163).

or;

Off-Hand Training
Characters who take Off -Hand Training may use weapons
from one melee weapon category of their choice (Blades, Clubs,
Exotic Melee Weapons) in their off hand without penalty. Th is maneuver
cannot be taken for the Unarmed Combat skill, but it can be
purchased multiple times, choosing a separate category each time.

Other than that I cant really think of anything that greatly increases your dicepools that much. But I dont play a Street Sam so I never really needed to have a good look. I dont think this is exactly what your looking for, but I really dont think there is that much you can squeeze out of Blades after a certain point bar bashing up Skills/Attributes.
BullZeye
Besides what's already mentioned... get more IPs and don't split the pool. My character uses two guns instead of two blades and I try to never split the pool but just keep shooting one at a time.

Those Arsenal MA bonuses are mostly for damage what I found. You could use on moves:
Set-up
The Set-up maneuver allows a character to maneuver her
opponent into a position where she is vulnerable to a follow-up
attack. The character makes an attack test, inflicting no damage
if successful. Instead, her net hits are added as dice pool bonus to
the next attack she makes against that opponent. h is maneuver is
particularly effective when combined with Finishing Move.

Full Offense
The Full Offense maneuver represents a near-berserker attack
with no regard for defense. The character receives a +2 dice pool
modifier on the attack test, but may not defend against any melee
attacks until her next Action Phase.

Weapon foci would also help but that might be bit tricky if the sammy isn't magical.
Traul
Synch enhanced protein exchange. +1 to all combat tests.
Optimized cyberarms.
Dakka Dakka
I'm not so fond of attacking with two weapons at once. Maybe you would like to look at the two weapon style maneuver. While you get only one attack you can use the other weapon for full defense. Combine that with riposte and finishing move and you chop down all your attackers faster than you can say action debt.

@Offhand training: The character probably already has ambidexterity (which is the better bang for the BP by the way) since both his weapons have the same dicepool.

If the character is an adept, make weapon foci out of the katanas with personalized grip.
overcannon
If you're an adept, get the Attunement metamagic out of Street Magic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012