Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sensors/Scanners as Cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlackJaw
I did a search on the Forums and came up empty.

I'm a little surprised to find that most scanners systems don't come as cyberware options.
Mind you, there are plenty of vision enhancements for Cyber Eyes, and Audio enhancements for Cyber Ears... even Olfactory Enhancement which is the base rules for "Olfactory Sensors."
I've noticed there is also a nifty Radar system (wideband) in Augmentation.
And Ultra Sound in BBB.

I haven't found any MAD scanners, Nonlinear junction detectors, or Cyberware (Milimeter Wave) scanners as options. Those are the ones I'm really looking for.

I was hoping I missed them somewhere, as I would like to have my character's left cyberarm act as a scanner.

Honestly I was hoping there was a sensor/scanner package similar to drones/sensors/vehicles that would provide me with "slots" that I could fill with various sensor systems. I guess not.
Mäx
QUOTE (BlackJaw @ Jun 23 2009, 11:10 AM) *
I haven't found any MAD scanners

Augmentation page 45, scanner system cyberlimb accessory.
Jaid
the radar sensor can also function as a cyberware detector, iirc.
DireRadiant
I think you could do a cyberlimb slot for a smuggling compartment, then put a handheld sensor in it. For example a smuggling compartment consumes capacity 2, which can hold micro sized items. Then I'd just go build a micro sensor to taste, which can hold one sensor, and stick it into the smuggling compartment. Skinlink and away you go for integrating into the PAN. Now for "Fluff" I'd call it my installed cyberlimb sensor, but mechanically that's what you could do for installing gear into a cyberlimb.

The other option is to do a modular cyberlimb plug in from Augmentation p. 47, which can be all sorts of stuff. In this case I'd go at least to minidrone size, Capacity 3 for a hand, and capacity 5 sensor package for the lower arm/leg size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012