Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grey eminence...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
I was thinking about gaining a little bit control over the game, by offering runs to my comrades while i am GM´ing, that are basically ordered by my PC (they will be payd by me i just don´t want them to know that it´s me who is the Johnson) Like i pointed out in another thread, ione of the things i try to reach is becoming a vampire. Unfortunately the GM is not the kind of type who is getting me free-vampire-connections because i want it, i want the other PC´s to catch one alive for me.^^

The problems i see with this if i run this as a GM, is that i don´t think that i would be completely detached and the run would probably too easy because i WANT them to win, but on the other side, if i tell another GM what i am about to do, he could also influence the run because he knows its for my benefit.

So how would you solve this?
Mirilion
Talk about it with your GM, otherwise it won't end well.
Blade
I wouldn't start doing something like this. I never ever use my PC as NPC in games I'm GMing (or exceptionally as a joke or if one of the PC has one of my PC as a contact). The last GM I've seen doing it had his "GMPC" killed by a grenade thrown in his car by a redlined cyberarm... with edge (and something like 18 hits).

What you're talking about feels like "Insider Dealing" or Power Abuse to me and I doubt the other players will enjoy it.
Machiavelli
I think about the same. Thank you for your comments.
Dumori
Pay the team with your PC let the other GM run it hell fish way you'd be running with your team evieating supistion more. Plus I doubt your GM would be too crule with this. You are paying the other runners to do the job.
Machiavelli
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jun 24 2009, 08:58 AM) *
Pay the team with your PC let the other GM run it hell fish way you'd be running with your team evieating supistion more. Plus I doubt your GM would be too crule with this. You are paying the other runners to do the job.

What does "evieating supistion" mean? Even my dictionary doesn´t know these words.^^
Da9iel
Evading suspicion?
Machiavelli
Hmmm...i still don´t get the sense of this post. "hell-fish-way"? too many things i don´t understand. What he says?
Blade
I guess the idea is that you can have your PC, in your regular game with your usual GM, pay the other runners to hunt a Vampire with him. (Make sure to warn your GM that you want to do this so that he can plan it correctly). Since you're paying the other runners and doing the run with them, the other players are less likely to try to ruin everything than if you were GMing it and the GM is less likely to be cruel about it than if you were asking him to hand you a vampire for free.

I agree with this, except that I think you should talk to your GM first about it. If your GM doesn't want your character to be a vampire, no matter what you'll never be one. And even if you get to be a vampire in another game, that doesn't mean he'll accept your vampire character.
DWC
After you've talking it over with the regular GM, and he's totally on board, and ask the other players how they feel about you saddling them with a vampire teammate. It'd be kind of annoying to get the GM's approval, run the whole thing, then bring your PC back as a vampire and have the other PCs promptly reduce his head to a rapidly expanding cloud of gray matter rather than risk dealing with a dead thing.
Machiavelli
The last comment of our GM about this was: as long as you pay the karma-costs, i have no problem with it. Besides regeneration, it offers no special powers i could effectively use, so it is the first time that i do something more for the flavor than for powergaming. I´m so proud of myself.^^

I thought about telling the GM what i am about to do, but i wouldn´t participate in the run with this character. Too dangerous.^^
Jaid
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jun 24 2009, 08:22 AM) *
The last comment of our GM about this was: as long as you pay the karma-costs, i have no problem with it. Besides regeneration, it offers no special powers i could effectively use, so it is the first time that i do something more for the flavor than for powergaming. I´m so proud of myself.^^

in that case, the GM has no idea what he's talking about. whether it's worth all that karma is open to question, but it definitely gives you stuff you can use.
Critias
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jun 24 2009, 10:39 AM) *
in that case, the GM has no idea what he's talking about. whether it's worth all that karma is open to question, but it definitely gives you stuff you can use.

Yeah.

It gives you plenty of good stuff, not just Regeneration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012