Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty, shiny SR4A
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tiger Eyes
So Adam has his copy of SR4A and took pictures. It's a shiny, shiny book... Anyway, just thought I'd share if anyone wanted a peek.

I can't wait to get my copy. (My GM has already seen it; how fair is it that I'm like the last person on the dev-team to not get to have a copy!!! Oh, the injustice...)
Chibu
Looks awesome. And well, someone has to be last to get it nyahnyah.gif
BlueMax
That is a thing of beauty. And the pdf ain't bad either.

BlueMax
the_dunner
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Jun 26 2009, 05:05 PM) *
I can't wait to get my copy. (My GM has already seen it; how fair is it that I'm like the last person on the dev-team to not get to have a copy!!! Oh, the injustice...)

Hey! I got to drool over copies today, but felt it was more important to let fans buy them than to take an early copy for myself. We're equally last in our not having a copy.
Alexand
love.gif *drool*

I can't wait for my copy to arrive. I'm guessing around the time Gen-con ends, or at least I hope I get it that early. However I am sending a roomate to Gen-con with nuyen.gif as backup, hoping to get a signed copy.

I have many many game books on my shelves, very few are in color, and this one will easily be the best looking of them in my opinion. smile.gif
CanRay
I got the PDF and Hardcopy as a gift, so I'm still waiting for the shiny precious!
darthmord
I pre-ordered the big package, which was the PDF, the hard cover, and the Collector's Edition.

I'm just waiting impatiently for my goodies to get here.
paws2sky
My hard copy of SR4A has a built-in bookmark. I was mildly stunned. biggrin.gif

-paws
Freejack
If you check out the pics, you can see the blue bookmark smile.gif
BookWyrm
I like the pictures, but I'll have to wait a while to pick up my copy of SR4a.
Bob Lord of Evil
The artwork looks very good. I love what Adam says...

"I don’t understand the logic, there, BookWyrm. We can’t “upgrade� your 2-color book to full-color without producing a new book. The rules-change PDF has been posted. Your old book is as upgraded as we can make it — better break out the crayons if you want it in full-color."

I can almost see BookWyrm look at a box of crayons and then look at his book...back to the box of crayons...his brow furrows and he sits back and ponders for a while!

Just kidding BookWyrm...really...it was just such a funny response to your comment that it formed this mental image. Who says Canadian's don't have a sense of humor!

As a member of the elven conspiracy...I would just like to point out how prominently positioned the female elf is on the cover of the book. Proof that the elven conspiracy is alive and well even 20 years later!!!

MUUWAAHAAAA! biggrin.gif
Kingboy
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Jun 30 2009, 10:33 PM) *
My hard copy of SR4A has a built-in bookmark. I was mildly stunned. biggrin.gif

That is cool! Too bad the guns still look like bad FPS powerups fro the late 90's...
Cardul
So....anyone else think it is kind of sad that the Dev Team only gets the REGULAR version, not the Limited Edition and the Regular version?
Adam
Things have only just begun... wink.gif
ElFenrir
I think almost all of the art looks fantastic and look forward to getting this.. The new archetypes mostly look much better(I Love the new Enforcer), though I have my quibbles with others-not too into the new Hacker, I think the new Occult Investigator looks more like a hippie than the scruffy-haired awsome looking guy in the original, and my least favorite is the new Street Sam-that badass, awesome looking mohawked evil looking bastard in SR4 was my fav sam of ALL of the Archetype Sam pics in SR(well, next to the Ork in the old SSC biggrin.gif) and it now looks like some generic chick with a katana.

I guess they had their reasons for changing these but leaving some of the old originals like the Combat Mage, but I feel like I'm allowed to post some of my little quibbles without sounding inflammatory. (For all intents and purposes the art *quality*of these pictures are great but I just preferred the old Hacker, Occult Investigator and Street Sam.)

I don't mind the FPS-y guns so much but I can see where folks might have an issue with them.

But a LOT of the other artwork is awesomesauce! Big overall kudos!
paws2sky
QUOTE (ElFenrir @ Jul 1 2009, 09:22 AM) *
I think almost all of the art looks fantastic and look forward to getting this.. The new archetypes mostly look much better(I Love the new Enforcer), though I have my quibbles with others-not too into the new Hacker, I think the new Occult Investigator looks more like a hippie than the scruffy-haired awsome looking guy in the original, and my least favorite is the new Street Sam-that badass, awesome looking mohawked evil looking bastard in SR4 was my fav sam of ALL of the Archetype Sam pics in SR(well, next to the Ork in the old SSC biggrin.gif) and it now looks like some generic chick with a katana.

If we're talking a bruiser, I prefer the old Enforcer. The new one would make a great Troll Face though. biggrin.gif

Agreed on the old Street Samurai vs. new one. The older one looked whipass. (Also agree on the Ork Street Samurai.)

I like both Hacker pictures and have no particular preference. I might choose the new one just because of the brighter colors. Similarly, I like both of the Occult Investigator pictures.

I don't mind the FPS-y guns so much but I can see where folks might have an issue with them.

I guess its not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I really don't care for those.

-paws
Draco18s
....what happened to the dragon's wings?

Like...he's got the wing-arm, and then some....tendrils...no wing membrane, or really any wing-fingers...
DWC
I actually really like the new enforcer. He seems very much the sort to be showing up to audit your books, so he can decide how much protection money to bleed you for. Similarly, I prefer the new Occult Investigator. I also like that the Smuggler picture no longer includes a motorcycle that the character doesn't start with. The new hacker and the new street samurai are the only ones I don't prefer.

The guns, well, I'll just pretend that I didn't see them, and enjoy everything else about the art.
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 1 2009, 02:52 PM) *
....what happened to the dragon's wings?

Like...he's got the wing-arm, and then some....tendrils...no wing membrane, or really any wing-fingers...

It's an Asian Dragon. Going by toe count it's specifically a Chinese Dragon.

They look like that.
DireRadiant
Anyone noticed the high quality stitch binding yet?

No more fall apart glue.
Alexand
Stitching? Free bookmark? AWESOME love.gif

I can't tell you how many wonderfully beautiful White Wolf books I have, that are in many many pieces because they use such crap binding.

Hell even my 2nd Edition SR Grimoire is in pieces (but given how old it is I'm less sad about that).

I think this makes post #4 for me. Long way to go before I'm a 'Moving Target' Heh.
Kingboy
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jul 1 2009, 11:53 AM) *
No more fall apart glue.

Hmm...shucks. My silent curse towards certain people at Origins will unlikely go unfulfilled then.

Ah well, t'is best in the long run.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jul 1 2009, 10:26 AM) *
It's an Asian Dragon. Going by toe count it's specifically a Chinese Dragon.

They look like that.

I could see the limb maybe being a foreleg, but it's placed so high up it looks more like a wing.

Damn them bendy easterners! ;P

(Ninja edit: I didn't know you had a URL there until I quoted--dumpshock really needs to do something about the link text being a bit more obvious.)
Chibu
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 1 2009, 01:06 PM) *
(Ninja edit: I didn't know you had a URL there until I quoted--dumpshock really needs to do something about the link text being a bit more obvious.)

The links in posts... are exactly the same as all of the other links on the forum... seems pretty obvious...
knasser
There's a Limited Edition Anniversary Edition? I'm out of touch, clearly. So should I put down the phone and wait on ordering my hard copy until it's available? And whilst carefully not asking what the release date is, can I ask if it will be the same as the unlimited Anniversary Edition? If it comes out later I may skip it as I really need a new book and it's been really annoying to have to wait until Gencon in the USA before I can get hold of it here. Don't know if I can manage waiting even longer. frown.gif
Adam
Yes, there's a limited edition; no word on street dates; we haven't announced the final specifications of the limited edition.

There are a bunch of bundle options on the shop: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/advance...amp;x=0&y=0
knasser
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 1 2009, 10:10 PM) *
Yes, there's a limited edition; no word on street dates; we haven't announced the final specifications of the limited edition.

There are a bunch of bundle options on the shop: http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/advance...amp;x=0&y=0

Thanks. I would probably spend the extra for the limited edition but I want my book asap because I need it. I've been holding off on buying a new BBB since April because it will be infuriating to spend my money on an out of date edition.

Also, as I'm in the UK, I was thinking of ordering it from Leisure Games. I suppose I might end up getting SR4A and then later buying a separate copy of the Limited Edition just because I like it. But I'm not much of a collector, so it would have to be something truly extraordinary for me to do this. Mainly I just want the book so I have something I can pass round to my friends, asap.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Chibu @ Jul 1 2009, 01:16 PM) *
The links in posts... are exactly the same as all of the other links on the forum... seems pretty obvious...

My laptop monitor isn't that great at distinguishing between "not white" and "white" on a dark gray background.

Contrast chummer, contrast.
The Monk
will the limited edition be available in stores?
Adam
Yes -- although you should be sure to talk to your FLGS and make sure you're down for a pre-order for it.
Muspellsheimr
Will the limited edition have those damn adds? If not, I might actually purchase a copy.
Adam
It will still have what you consider "ads."
knasser
Will it have a fold-out Sally Tsung centrefold?
Will it have a pop-up model of the Ares Predator?
Will the sample character portraits have an "Insert Your Picture Here" slot over their heads?
Will it have a rule that says roll an extra two Edge dice so that purchasers have an advantage against those buying the non-limited edition?
Will it have Obsidimen?
Will every word be hand-written by Ancient History in his flowing and beautiful copperplate caligraphy?
Will it have a note at the very back telling us that the Fourth World was really true all along and that there really will be an awakening in 2011 just like we secretly know there will be and that all Shadowrun players are going to be awakened and cool?
Will it have a lock of Tom Dowd's hair?
Will it be heavy enough that I can Really Whack My Players with it?

Please, please say "yes".

K.
paws2sky
QUOTE (knasser @ Jul 2 2009, 04:01 AM) *
Will it have a fold-out Sally Tsung centrefold?
<snip>

Please, please say "yes".

Seconded.

Will it be heavy enough that I can Really Whack My Players with it?

I can confirm that the unlimited SR4A has some respectable heft to it.

-paws
Blade
Or at least a Nadja Daviar centrefold!
Prime Mover
Limited edition comes with a free copy of Windows 37 (Magnifico) for your commlink.

As a side note should Microdeck change there name to Microcomm now?
Endroren
I took my copy (I got one! Happy dance!) into my LGS and they were scrambling to find out how to pre-order the thing for their store. It really is an amazing looking book. One of my favorite pics is the double panel "Seattle cityscape" inside the front cover. Incredible stuff.

I'm really sorry for everyone who didn't plan to buy one to save money - one look at it and you won't be able to resist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012