Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: When Truth is better than fiction
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Herald of Verjigorm
Imagine forgetting you have those on, going inside, turning on the lights, and blinking.

I'd rather have a version in a stardard glasses frame.
toturi
Hmmm, sounds James Bondish to me.
Ghostly Enigma
Just one question how long does the "gel" last and if you think about it thats going to be dame uncomfortable to use. sarcastic.gif
Connor
If they're similar enough to standard soft contact lenses they should be quite comfortable to wear. I'd love a pair of them, since I usually wear contacts anyways. I have great night vision but I wouldn't mind being able to rub in some magnetic gel onto my eyelids and see in full night vision.

And like Herald of Verjigorm said, in glasses form they'd make for some awesome driving glasses. No need for those night vision systems you see now in some of the high end car models.
Large Mike

In glasses form, everyone would see the green of your little screen thingy. I could see it in the form of wraparound shades, though. "You alwayse wear those shades at night?"
RangerJoe
NdFeB is the strongest rare earth magnet that exists today and provides the magnetic field necessary to produce an electic charge on the surface of the contact lens.

Do not use these contact lenses as a "cheap upgrade" to your cyber eyes which only came with thermo and flare-comp. "I'll just pop these babies in and *fzzzzzzrt!!!*
Arethusa
All cyber and 2060s era computing is optical. Should be safe, just like everything else.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Large Mike)
I could see it in the form of wraparound shades, though. "You alwayse wear those shades at night?"

Sounds good, do you think it will cost 4,000 or less?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012