Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Availability vary between Standard/Alpha/etc. cyberware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Haddock
Basically just that, does all cyberware from bog standard to delta have the same avail (with the exception of used standard)? It seems sensible to me that higher grades would be harder to find, and Damienknight's excellent chargen sheet appears to agree with me (it lists each grade other than used as increasing availability by 2), but for the life of me I can't find the references in the books.
DireRadiant
p. 86 SR4A p. 84 SR4

"Two grades are available to starting characters: Basic
and Alpha."

Otherwise grade affects base cost and essence cost as indicated in the text or table.
Haddock
That was my understanding, but after character creation does availability change from the base table?
i.e. the cyberware table lists wired reflexes 1 at avail 8R, and the table on pg303 of my core (i have s4) appears to only deal with essence and price multipliers;

where is the table which describes the availabilty changes between for example standard and deltaware? Would deltaware Wired 1 have an avail of 8 (although costing 110,000)?

Thanks for clearing this up...
HappyDaze
By RAW, the Availability of higher grade ware does not increase. Deltaware is no harder to find than basicware, but - per Augmentation - finding the Delta clinic is a prerequisite for the Deltaware and it has an Availability all its own.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Haddock @ Jun 29 2009, 06:18 PM) *
That was my understanding, but after character creation does availability change from the base table?

No. However, the price increases will change the interval for the availability test.
Haddock
Grand, thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012