Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Limited Edition" question from an outsider
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lance Hawvermale
Greetings. I've been out of the Shadowrun loop since my decade-long campaign ended a few years ago. Returning to the Shadowrun website (which apparently has changed URLs), I was intrigued to learn about the Anniversary Edition. I'll probably buy it simply for nostalgia's sake, even if my gaming group never gets around to diving back into that particular setting.

My question is this: What does the Limited Edition offer that will not be found in the standard Anniversary Edition?

Gracias!
DireRadiant
Leather.
Lance Hawvermale
So the content is identical? I see.
Jackstand
Is it Corinthian leather?
BlueMax
QUOTE (Jackstand @ Jun 30 2009, 12:56 PM) *
Is it Corinthian leather?

I hope its *soft* Corinthian leather.

BlueMax
Adarael
Alcantra leather.

It also has orange brake calipers, Hermera rims, and orange highlights.

Oh, no, wait. That's the limited edition Murceilago LP650...
Lance Hawvermale
When will the print version be available for online ordering?

Thanks.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Lance Hawvermale @ Jun 30 2009, 01:57 PM) *
When will the print version be available for online ordering?

Thanks.

You can pre-order them now
Pre order
Lance Hawvermale
I suppose the more relevant question is, "When will the pre-orders be filled?"

I assume the answer is "after Gen Con," as it is with most major RPG releases.
BlueMax
QUOTE (Lance Hawvermale @ Jul 1 2009, 08:05 AM) *
I suppose the more relevant question is, "When will the pre-orders be filled?"

I assume the answer is "after Gen Con," as it is with most major RPG releases.

Catalyst hasn't given a street date. On the plus side, when they do give street dates, they hold accurate.

BlueMax
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Lance Hawvermale @ Jun 30 2009, 02:51 PM) *
So the content is identical? I see.

Uh, no. The content has some rather severe changes to the text of the original Shadowrun4 BBB. However, those changes have all been released as errata, so if your group USES errata (ours usually doesn't unless it fixes a problem), then there is no effective difference other than not needing to refer to the errata.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Jul 1 2009, 10:58 PM) *
Uh, no. The content has some rather severe changes to the text of the original Shadowrun4 BBB. However, those changes have all been released as errata, so if your group USES errata (ours usually doesn't unless it fixes a problem), then there is no effective difference other than not needing to refer to the errata.

Uh, perhaps you should read the question before answering.
QUOTE (Lance Hawvermale @ Jun 30 2009, 01:39 PM) *
My question is this: What does the Limited Edition offer that will not be found in the standard Anniversary Edition?

Different cover. Limited number of printings. I believe that is all that has been officially confirmed to date (they have not even shown the alternate cover).
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Jul 2 2009, 12:02 AM) *
Uh, perhaps you should read the question before answering.

Or more accurately, read it a bit more slowly... read.gif
knasser
I hope the leather is a joke or my vegetarian obsessives will refuse to handle it. Though at least that would keep it from getting grubby.
Naysayer
It's joke-leather. Made from real clown. Pa-dum psh.

Actually, I kinda hope it's faux-leather, for exactly that reason - veggie obsessiveness (or is that obsessive veggieness?)
Blade
But Synthleather has less impact armor frown.gif
Naysayer
That's Shadowrun for you - even buying the rulebook becomes a balancing act between efficiency and staying in character!
knasser
QUOTE (Blade @ Jul 2 2009, 01:06 PM) *
But Synthleather has less impact armor frown.gif

grinbig.gif I see we First Edition'ers are out in force, today! grinbig.gif
tsuyoshikentsu
And then it's three A.M. and I'm on the corner, wearing my leather, and this guy comes up to me and he's like, "Hey, punk!" And I'm like, "YEAH WHATEVER!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012