Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drake form attribute question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stilgar
I been reading the Companion guide and am intending to try out a drake character. However I am a little confused on the metahuman attributes that transfer over when I go drake form. Or more specifically what counts as an attribute for crossing over to drake. I understand the body, agil, logic, etc attributes and how they transfer over. The question is how about other things like a troll's +1 reach and +1 armor or the dwarf's pathogen and toxin resistances, or even the human's +1 edge, all of which that are listed under abilities of the metahumans? Do these get transferred over? They are not attributes in the standard sense, but they are inherent in the metahuman naturally, but I am unsure with the actual shape change for these. This is also complicated or helped by the fact that drake flight speed (and I assume normal movement speeds) is based on the metahuman's movement speed, which lends to the idea that the basic physical builds of the metahuman's transfer over and could imply that these inherent abilities transfer over.

On a related note, would qualities apply for the drake form?

Unfortunately the book seems to leave a little bit of grey area on these matters and other's insight on the matter would be appreciated.

Thank you
Ancient History
Do these get transferred over?

Yes.

On a related note, would qualities apply for the drake form?

All of them. Ork Poseur, obviously, doesn't really apply because you look like a small dragon at the moment, but Lightning Reflexes, Allergies, etc. all cross over.

Stahlseele
. . Damn you Uncle Ancient, stop tempting me into trying out SR4 just because of stuff like that <.< . .
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 5 2009, 01:11 AM) *
. . Damn you Uncle Ancient, stop tempting me into trying out SR4 just because of stuff like that <.< . .

Need a new character? biggrin.gif
wylie
ok, Doc Byte

is there an English version of that character sheet?

I understand enough german to understand aleast half the sheet, but not enough to truly enjoy it
HappyDaze
Ork Poseur, obviously, doesn't really apply because you look like a small dragon at the moment

Ork Poseur is as much attitude as appearance. Just because you're dressed down as a scaly brotha don't make you any less a tusker-lova!
Stilgar
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jul 4 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Yes.

All of them. Ork Poseur, obviously, doesn't really apply because you look like a small dragon at the moment, but Lightning Reflexes, Allergies, etc. all cross over.

Thank you very much for the help.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (wylie @ Jul 5 2009, 03:14 AM) *
ok, Doc Byte

is there an English version of that character sheet?

I understand enough german to understand aleast half the sheet, but not enough to truly enjoy it

Unfortunately not. Pegasus Spiele (the German Publisher) asked the fanbase for archetyps they might use somewhen. We have a whole bunch of them meanwhile. There's a master index for the game terms, but I guess your problem's the character description? I could try to give you an Englisch version, but not right now. My local time's 3:30 a.m. and I'm dead tired. Moreover the master index an Englisch to German one. We use it for translating the Denver Missions.
wylie
gutten nacht ...then

enjoy a pint of bitburger, or ice wine from the rhine river

was near the brewery for couple years. man, did it stink up the area

thanks & take care
Straight Razor
Stilgar, do we have wormsign?
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Straight Razor @ Jul 4 2009, 09:58 PM) *
Stilgar, do we have wormsign?

Usil, we have worm-sign the likes of which God has never seen.
GreyBrother
Bookworm honors his name, you win one Internets from me and may your water flow.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Jul 5 2009, 02:53 AM) *

i hate you so much right now ._.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (wylie @ Jul 5 2009, 03:51 AM) *
gutten nacht ...then

enjoy a pint of bitburger, or ice wine from the rhine river

was near the brewery for couple years. man, did it stink up the area

thanks & take care

Actually with this subtropical weather we have over here at the moment I prefer lemon flavoured green tea that has spent a night in the fridge. love.gif

---

So, back to Gawain:

Gawain's a young Fomori born in Newport (Gwent), Wales and grown up at the docks where he had holliday jobs. There he met smugglers and later on pirates with contacts over the cannel to Europort and Hamburg. For a short time he was a member of a pirate crew before comming to Hamburg for starting a shadowrunner career. He's a latent magican, probably a Ki-Ad but maybe a Ki-Mage and will probably follow the druidic tradition upon awakening. But he has no clue of this as his awakening's somehow delayed. A hint might be the trouble the docs have in putting cyberware into his body. Consequently the advise him against more ware. Apart from that there's another latent awakening waiting to turn Gawain into a (western) Drake probably at the same time of his awakening as a magican.

For a Troll Gawain's exeptionaly handsome and ingratiating. Despite his young age he's already hard-bitten and he isn't easily upset. One of these things is his simsense phobia, causing him to not using VR at all and sticking to AR. But he makes extensively use of the AR and has all necessary cyberware to nearly completely compensate the lack of a sim module.
Gawain's very interested in every aspect of european history within the last 3.000 years. From literature and mythology to military history in particular old fencing and combat technics. Consequently his best buddy in Hamburgs's a books and antiques dealer for whom he has obtained one or two things.
All in all Gawains's companionable lad loving parties but avoiding excessive drinking what seems to be a good idea regarding his enormous strength compared to a norm.

B: 6
A: 4
R: 4
St: 6
C: 4
I: 3
L: 3
W: 4

Edge: 3
Essence: 3,76
Magic: 0

Active Skills

Perception 2
Dodge 3
Unarmed Combat 2
Blades 3
Pistols 4
Athletics 2
Stealth 2
Ground Vehicles 2
Etiquette 3

Knowledge Skills

EU Historie (MA) 2+2
EU Mythology 2
EU Literature 2
EU Military History (MA) 2+2

Languages

Gaelic (m)
English 5
German 4
Dutch 2

Positive Qualities

Latent Awakening
Latent Dracomorphosis
Exeptional Attribute: Charisma
Arcane Arester

Negative Qualities

Sensitive System
Light Simsense Phobia

Connections

Fixer (3/2)
Books and antiques dealer (4/5)

Cyberware

Olfactory Booster 3
Taste Booster 3
Datajack
Cybereyes
- Smartlink
- Thermographic Vision
- Low-Light Vision
- Flare Compensation
- Vision Magnification
- Vision Enhancement 3
- Eye Light System
- Protective Covers
Cyberears
- Increased Sensitivity
- Damper
- Audio Enhancement 3
- Spatial Recognizer
- Select Sound Filter 1
Touch Link

(All Alphaware)

Equipment

BMW 5050 Monocycle
Walther Secura Heavy Pistol
Clymore Sword
Ulisses Line Coat
PPP System and FFBA
Erika Elite Comlink
Fake SIN and driving licence level 3

---

Gawain was built with 400BP but translated into Karmagen he has more than 100 extra Karmapoints left over even with 90 Karmapoints spent for being a Fomori and attributes raise with x5.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 5 2009, 01:57 PM) *
i hate you so much right now ._.

Gern geschehen nyahnyah.gif
Stilgar
So I am going to revive this thread with another drake related question.

How big are drakes compared to their metavariant forms? I am assuming their size is based on the size of their metavariant form since their movement rates are based that way. Also would there be different sizes for each of the 4 drake forms? Ideally I am looking for either a percentage, a ratio, or a multiplier. I want to be able to figure out how well drakes can move about inside buildings, specifically the asian drakes, but would be nice to have an idea for them all for future references.
Draco18s
QUOTE (HappyDaze @ Jul 4 2009, 09:17 PM) *
Ork Poseur is as much attitude as appearance. Just because you're dressed down as a scaly brotha don't make you any less a tusker-lova!

Dressed? As a small dragon you're actually quite naked. Get used to it.

The clothes you were wearing are torn rags on the ground. Depending on which kind of drake you are will determine the size of the shreds (if you're an eastern drake they might still be tangled around your short limbs).

Now, that milspec armor you were wearing? You're totally entangled in it, and in quite a lot of pain.

The rule that didn't manage to make it into the books (I have this from Tiger Eyes) is that your new body is compared to your armor value (higher of the two), if body > armor then you rip the armor apart. If body < armor you take [armor rating] in damage and are entangled.

Its in a post somewhere on the forums. Search for "moose" and "power armor;" it was a quote she had in the same post. "Antlers went right through the helmet."

Edit: I feel kind, here's the post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012