Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun sports
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
toolbox
I'm looking for info on the various Shadowrun-specific sports as background info for a run I'm planning for some new players. More specifically, they'll be hired to fix a sporting event of some sort, and I thought using a sport that doesn't exist in real life would help introduce them to a few setting aspects as a fringe benefit. So any info y'all can supply (or point me towards in reasonably attainable source material) would be great.

I'm interested in things like:
  • team sizes
  • a list/brief description of positions
  • a few examples of typical penalties
  • general structure of play
  • typical score spreads in a professional-level game
  • league structure, number of teams, divisions, etc.
  • standard equipment
  • canonical star players
  • venues - indoor courts, stadiums, tracks, etc. - where you could go to watch a game in Seattle
Thanks in advance for any help.
Glyph
Shadowbeat (you can get it used reasonably cheaply) goes into some detail on Combat Biker and Urban Brawl.
CanRay
Shadowbeat and the Seattle Sourcebooks (For the Stadiums) are about all you can find. frown.gif

Which is sad, really, as I love Desert Wars!

GO BLACK DEVILS!!!
Critias
Shadowbeat also goes into detail about how they Shadowrunnified ™ existing sports (like baseball, football, etc). It's worth the price.
Black Jack Rackham
And if you happen to be curious about what teams are poking around NYC, there's always The Rotten Apple: Manhattan. All the corp-sponsored teams are listed for your leasure. Sorry there isn't much more detail than that.

Mark
toolbox
Thanks, guys; I'll look into it.
the_real_elwood
SOTA 2063 and Target:Wasteland have information on Desert Wars if you're interested in that. Though that's less of a sport than organized warfare.
Generico
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 5 2009, 12:26 PM) *
Shadowbeat also goes into detail about how they Shadowrunnified ™ existing sports (like baseball, football, etc). It's worth the price.

If the current hysteria over doping is to be believed the term you are looking for is Shadowruined.
'Sconnie
Check out this site for Urban Brawl:

http://www.intercom.net/user/logan1/ubl.htm
Ravor
Also never forget about the "illegal" but vastly popular pay-per-view blood sports.
CanRay
Or, if you're more Ghetto, watching the gangs fight in the streets and keeping score.

That's what "Neighbourhood Watch" has degenerated into anyhow...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012