Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Brave New World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
krayola red
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 12 2009, 11:48 AM) *
Krayola, question, can I swap the Lone Star Black Mariah for a heavy pistol and some more ammo? Since the stuffer shack I'm starting out in probably wouldn't have a garage, I dont know where Same would keep it.

Also I dont have any contacts that fit so could I pick up the Hung out to dry flaw, balanced out with 2 boxes of high pain tolerence? If not, I'd probably write up a joy girl and a street kid for contacts.

Well hell, if you want to swap your $100,000 ride for a heavy pistol, I ain't gonna turn you down. smile.gif Pick whatever pistol you want, with any mods you want, and 20 clips of your ammo of choice.

You can pick up Hung Out To Dry, but take note that that means you will never be able to build any contacts until you buy off the Flaw with karma.

Also, as I'm sure you've all guessed by now, Aristocrat will be joining us with Sid the rigger. smile.gif
BlackHat
I'm on vacation right right now in Seattle of all places. smile.gif Will try to post something this weekend though.
Chance359
While the 100K car is nice, I've got no skill to drive it, no skill to fix and keep it running, no supplies (fuel, spare parts) and no place to store it when I'm not driving it. So while everyone reading this will be hanging their heads, I've got to take the gun and ammo over the car.

Ares Predator 1, w/ Quickdraw holster, int smartlink: 2, silencer, underbarrel weight, 10 clips of regular ammo, 5 clips of explosive ammo, 2 clips of gel rounds, 2 clips of flechette, 1 clips APDS

(Doesn't seem to munchikin does it?)
Contacts
[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
Would like to nudge them for any more information they have while Jack is getting ready. He's taking his taser, Protector, and shock gloves, while wearing his vashon island suit (with his pocket secretary in one pocket), but leaving the dart gun in the car (along with his physical chips - if he has any - goggles, spare suit, medkit, vehicle kit, and whatever else i forgot about). On the way up, he'll focus his strength (Tai Chi maneuver) and the following activesofts will be loaded:

- Athletics, Stealth, Small Unit Tactics, Leadership

Hoping to use Stealth (and possible athletics) to get up top without them seeing how or if he came out of the complex (and to maybe get to size them up, himself, before they see him). Leadership to take charge of the situation (and make sure Candace will follow his orders if it comes down to it), and possibly small unit tactics to give the other guys some positions to take up within the terminal station so they might be able to see how well this talk goes.

Some rolls (and I basically forget how rolling works in SR3, so bear with me)
Stealth: [2,5,3]
Leadership: [5,6,4]
Small Unit Tactics: [3,4,4] (which might be enough to grant a bonus of +2 to initative or combat pool for up to 3 people - himself, Candace and... why not George). I'm not sure if I can do this before combat starts, or not. Your call. If I can, Jack's bonus will go towards combat pool.

krayola red
QUOTE (crizh @ Jul 13 2009, 07:21 AM) *
Intrigued he typed in his usual password.

And what would that password be? smile.gif

QUOTE (BlackHat)
Small Unit Tactics: [3,4,4] (which might be enough to grant a bonus of +2 to initative or combat pool for up to 3 people - himself, Candace and... why not George). I'm not sure if I can do this before combat starts, or not. Your call. If I can, Jack's bonus will go towards combat pool.

SUT bonuses are applied at the second Combat Turn, and you have to spend a Complex Action during your last IP on the first Combat Turn to convey orders to your teammates in order for them to gain the bonus.
krayola red
Sid is up on the site, Aristocrat gimme a shout if something is incongruent. Gave your drones some upgrades so that they can actually hit something in combat. smile.gif

+1 karma for all.

Next GM post coming tomorrow.
crizh
Umm, I'm thinking it must be Carlotti...

You can also use Small Unit Tactics prior to combat, you can use the bonus dice for the Surprise Test in an Ambush.

It only takes an action to use if you are communicating with others, if it's just you it doesn't take any action, as I recall it's only a Simple action if you are using a DNI linked BattleTac Master component and communicating with others who have the Battletac Receiver.
BlackHat
Yeah, I'm not too worried about getting a bonus - but the ambush-repellent seems like the sort of situational awareness I was hoping to help our team get.

thearistocrat
Characters do not receive separate wound modifiers for physical and stun damage - your wound modifier is a universal value calculated based on the total number of boxes of damage you've sustained, physical and stun, determined at the following rate: +1 for 1 box, +2 for 3 boxes, +3 for 6 boxes, +4 for 10 boxes, +5 for 15 boxes, +6 for 20 boxes.

Does this make rigger combat deadly if one rigger glitches and the other has a monster roll? Also, can Sid get a dataline tap in his starting gear? He needs one to takeover hostile CCSS on a run. Because it is required to start the process of CCSS takeover and the rating must equal to his RC deck rating, I would imagine that Sid would have such a tap and it would be at least level 5 (RC deck rating).

E: Made my post fit the rules from page 49 of Rigger 3.
crizh
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jul 14 2009, 07:35 AM) *
Yeah, I'm not too worried about getting a bonus - but the ambush-repellent seems like the sort of situational awareness I was hoping to help our team get.

Heh, what's with the Drop Bear in your timestamp?
BlackHat
QUOTE (crizh @ Jul 14 2009, 04:54 AM) *
Heh, what's with the Drop Bear in your timestamp?

I dunno, I saw it and thought it was new, and decided to use it. wink.gif
BlackHat
QUOTE (thearistocrat @ Jul 14 2009, 03:30 AM) *
Does this make rigger combat deadly if one rigger glitches and the other has a monster roll? Also, can Sid get a dataline tap in his starting gear? He needs one to takeover hostile CCSS on a run. Because it is required to start the process of CCSS takeover and the rating must equal the hostile system's tech rating, I would imagine that Sid would have such a tap and it would be of above-average quality.

I thought the tap's rating needed to equal or exceed your deck's rating - but I'm really rusty with SR3, and didn't get as long to look at the rigging rules as I had hoped. Making it equal the enemy's deck makes more sense - but I thought it was, like, in order to get all the umph out of your deck, you needed a matching tap.
thearistocrat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jul 14 2009, 02:36 PM) *
I thought the tap's rating needed to equal or exceed your deck's rating - but I'm really rusty with SR3, and didn't get as long to look at the rigging rules as I had hoped. Making it equal the enemy's deck makes more sense - but I thought it was, like, in order to get all the umph out of your deck, you needed a matching tap.

"The rating of the tap must be equal to or higher than the Intruder's RC deck rating, or the tap will not work.
If the tap rating is less than the CCSS' Technical Rating, Subtract the tap's rating from the Technical Rating. The result should be applied as a target number modifier to all actions the Intruding Rigger takes in the system" P.49 Rigger 3

So his dataline tap must at least be level 5 to match his RC deck rating, but he could still get negative modifiers if the hostile system's tech rating is 8 or something like that.
krayola red
QUOTE (thearistocrat @ Jul 14 2009, 01:30 AM) *
Does this make rigger combat deadly if one rigger glitches and the other has a monster roll?

Not as far as I can tell, Stun damage is still Stun damage, it's just the way the wound modifier that's calculated that's different. For example, if you have 3 boxes stun and 1 box physical, instead of taking a +3 modifier (+2 for moderate stun and +1 for light physical), you'll take +2 (four boxes of cumulative damage).

Also, can Sid get a dataline tap in his starting gear? He needs one to takeover hostile CCSS on a run. Because it is required to start the process of CCSS takeover and the rating must equal to his RC deck rating, I would imagine that Sid would have such a tap and it would be at least level 5 (RC deck rating).

Rating 5 dataline tap added to your gear list.
Chance359
Perception test for leadership: 21 10 04 02 01
Perception test for equipment: 11 05 04 03 02
Security Procedures: 09 07 04 03

question about rolling, I use the dice roller that comes with the NSRCG, I've also got screen caps of my rolls.
BlackHat
Krayola might have new dice-rolling procedures that he wants to use for this game, but in the last game that Glyph and I played with him, I think he was willing to go with the honor system. smile.gif So, you can probably save yourself a lot of screen-cap headache.
Chance359
I'll be the first to admit I've faked a roll before, thinking "oh thats too good, they'll think I'm cheating."
BlackHat
I think, on the boards, people generally worry about the opposite. A screencap can't show that someone didn't reroll a critical glitch, for example.
Invisible castle, which is what a lot of these games prefer, can - but it requires a lot of work by the GM to go look up all of the rolls made by a certain character and look for extras.
krayola red
Yeah, usually I go with the honor system, but I'm getting kinda curious about what's up with all the fuss about Invisible Castle, so use that for your rolls for now. If it ends up being too much of a hassle, we can dump it later and go back to the honor system. At the very least, with Invisible Castle, you won't have to feel guilty about making a super good roll. smile.gif I'm also gonna use it myself sometimes for NPCs, except of course for secret GM rolls like for Perception and Stealth. vegm.gif
thearistocrat
Rolls Sid is going to attempt in the conference room.

Sid might leave his pistol at home, but he's never without his dataline tap.

Knowledge: Security Design / CCSS looking for something in the conference room that he can place his datatap into. (Forgot the extra specialization dice, but looks like I didn't need it) Also, Invisible Castle appears to only re-roll 6s once if you're dumb like me and use "extra" instead of "open."

6d6.extra(6) → [4,5,[6, 6],[6, 1],4,5] = Booyah

Stealth (sneaking) over to the CCSS hook-up in the conference room.

6d6.extra(6) → [3,2,3,3,1,2] = Oh Crap

(Option roll that may not be necessary depending on what he is connecting the tap to as a result of his spectacular roll)
Assuming nobody saw his tiny dwarf-self poorly sneaking about, he will start the CCSS break-in process with Security System B/R for connecting his dataline tap to the CCSS.

5d6.extra(6) → [1,1,1,2,3] = Almost a Glitch

At this point, Sid would check around to make sure the whole room isn't looking at him before he slumps over into rigger mode.
krayola red
crizh: Is Frank sending his message to the KE team at Wrigley?
thearistocrat
Stuff about Ravenheart, Teller & Sid
[ Spoiler ]

Sid's next action will be via his cranial RC deck while walking back to family in the conference room.

Tracks/Remote Operation starting all three drones and moving them to a position just outside the conference room. He's just giving them a general command to set-up and converge on his location; he'll stop them when they get close enough to be audibly heard by everyone in the conference room.

7d6.open(6) → [4,4,3,1,3,5,2] = Not too shabby
BlackHat
Rolling an etiquette test to get in good with these guys - and ideally not have them laugh in his face when he offers to be of service. In edition to what he has to say, he is really hoping to make a good impression (crap, I forgot about that edge - see below). He figures they are way less likely to dick him and his friends over if they like him.

[1,3,6,3,4,6]

And then, because friendly face should add a die: [4]

So, final total for that roll is [1,3,6,3,4,6,4]
crizh
QUOTE (krayola red @ Jul 16 2009, 03:10 AM) *
crizh: Is Frank sending his message to the KE team at Wrigley?

Yeah, directly to Ravenheart, eyes-only.
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jul 13 2009, 12:06 PM) *
...and the following activesofts will be loaded:

- Athletics, Stealth, Small Unit Tactics, Leadership

I just realized (a bit too late) that Jack couldn't have tossed 3 dice against leadership (since you ruled no social activesofts). He still has leadership skill, but not as much.

Rather than having leadership loaded, then, we'll say he loaded up his Cars active skill (in case of a hasty getaway).
BlackHat
Does the "later that day" bit refer to the people who come after it? or does it mean you're ready to move on when Jack is.
In either case, I'll post a little something about introductions IC first. smile.gif
thearistocrat
Sid is going to spend a few hours thinking about where to go before they move. He's straining pretty hard to put all his mental energy together to think of where to go. He realizes at this point that the CZ is for scoring big nuyen and, if you'll excuse the pun, buggin' out to normal Chicago.

Knowledge: Mafia controlled establishments to find a new, friendly home near big nuyen targets.

5d6.open(6) → [5,1,5,4,[6, 6, 6, 1]] cough... 5, 5, 19

Knowledge: Mafia Politics to check if the owner of the establishment will play ball with us.

3d6.open(6) → [3,5,2]

Knowledge: Smuggling Routes to get to said new home.

3d6.open(6) → [[6, 4],4,3]

smokin.gif So I guess problem solved... Do you want me to RP a new mafia location into the game or would you rather GM it?

BlackHat
What is the terms for spending karma? I noticed Jack doesn't have a leadership skill, himself, and no longer has a skillsoft, so that seems like a logical choice for spending some of his karma on next. Did you want us to wait until the end of an adventure, first?
krayola red
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jul 17 2009, 08:51 PM) *
Does the "later that day" bit refer to the people who come after it? or does it mean you're ready to move on when Jack is.
In either case, I'll post a little something about introductions IC first. smile.gif

It's just for the people who come after it, since it appears that different characters are moving at different places in the timeline. I've never juggled so many characters with individual storylines before, so I'm kinda figuring some stuff out as we go along. smile.gif

QUOTE (BlackHat)
What is the terms for spending karma? I noticed Jack doesn't have a leadership skill, himself, and no longer has a skillsoft, so that seems like a logical choice for spending some of his karma on next. Did you want us to wait until the end of an adventure, first?

Considering that adventures on the forums can take months, if not years to complete, I'm gonna say you can spend your karma whenever you want. If you're spending a whole bunch of karma at once for something big like initiation, there should be some kind of IC justification, but otherwise you're free to gradually improve stuff as the game progresses.

QUOTE (thearistocrat)
smokin.gif So I guess problem solved... Do you want me to RP a new mafia location into the game or would you rather GM it?

All results or lack thereof of knowledge skill rolls will be GM resolved. smile.gif
krayola red
Oh yeah, due to real life getting rather hectic, I'm going to abandon the Tuesday/Saturday schedule for GM updates. There will still be a minimum of two updates a week, but they'll happen whenever I find the time to post.
krayola red
I need an Etiquette roll from Sam, and a Leadership roll from Jack (-2 TN for good RP).
BlackHat
Keep in mind, your houserule made that edge add two dice (not lower the TN). smile.gif
I think I'll spend the karma on leadership (since defaulting is brutal with +4 TN) so with 4 karma, I can get leadership 2.
Since the majority of that karma came from before the game started, I assume so did his newfound leadership skills. wink.gif
So, 4 dice = [2,5,4,[6, 2]]
krayola red
For all future dice rolls using Invisible Castle, please follow Aristocrat's example and link them all to one character, with a brief note attached that specifies the skill you rolled.

QUOTE (BlackHat @ Jul 18 2009, 07:09 PM) *
Keep in mind, your houserule made that edge add two dice (not lower the TN). smile.gif

Wasn't talking about the Edge nyahnyah.gif. Way I handle social skill rolls, if you actually take the effort to roleplay it well (i.e. coming up with a plausible lie to bluff that security guard instead of just "I roll Negotiations"), you sometimes get a TN modifier in your favor.
BlackHat
QUOTE (krayola red @ Jul 18 2009, 09:24 PM) *
For all future dice rolls using Invisible Castle, please follow Aristocrat's example and link them all to one character, with a brief note attached that specifies the skill you rolled.

Ah, to do that, I have to sign up. smile.gif But its free, so I think I can manage.

Wasn't talking about the Edge nyahnyah.gif. Way I handle social skill rolls, if you actually take the effort to roleplay it well (i.e. coming up with a plausible lie to bluff that security guard instead of just "I roll Negotiations"), you sometimes get a TN modifier in your favor.

Ah, I thought you mean Good reputation. wink.gif Okay, well, since I didn't know what the target number was to begin with, thats in your court, but you probably want to cut the last two rolls off, unless Jack's good reputation counts (say, with Candace).
Glyph
How heavy are these packages? Sorry for the short initial post, but the rest of his reaction will depend on whether they are too heavy or not.
krayola red
Woo, karma for everyone!

Glyph: In game terms, -3 combat pool penalty when hauling around the bags.
crizh
Sorry, should have said I intended to use the stairs. Major fires and elevators don't mix.

Hey, it's only 200 floors, us stunties don't mind a bit of exercise...
krayola red
Are you sure? You're going to be subject to some not inconsiderable fatigue damage, especially since Frank doesn't have any Athletics.
krayola red
Also, gimme an Etiquette roll, +2 extra dice for a level 3 contact.
crizh
I don't mind taking my time. I'm not in a rush.

Yet.

Etiquette: 5, 4, 3
krayola red
Sorry guys, something came up and I'm gonna have to put this game on pause. If I don't return in a week, assume that the game's been suspended and take 1 OOC karma for yourself. Otherwise, we continue in one week. smile.gif
BlackHat
Sorry to hear something came up, I hope whatever it is turns out alright, and you make it back to us in a week. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012