Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruiting [SR3]: Let's Return to the Stuffer Shack
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Hudson @ Jul 14 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Argh, really no idea why my last post was cut off like that.

Unfortunately, in even worse news, I am unable to repost Achill right now as I lost most of my PC today thanks to a power surge. I'll recover my back-up copy from work tomorrow and post it from there but if that is too late and you decide to move ahead without me, no problem! smile.gif

I'll probably write up the IC late tonight so you will be able to get in if you post your guy's sheet tomorrow.

Also, Chance359 can you post the build points for you guy? I already reverse-engineered the pre-edit version of your guy's BP when I statted him, but I'm lazy and don't want to do it a second time for his revisions. It looks like you are still missing your free level 2 mentor contact, but I won't force you to take one.

Remember friends, if you get hungry in the middle of the night, the IC Stuffer Shack will be open
Chance359
-5 dwarf
-20 400,000
-48 Attributes
-27 Skills
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Chance359 @ Jul 14 2009, 10:22 PM) *
-5 ork
-20 400,000
-48 Attributes
-27 Skills

Everything looks good, though Cord seems a bit perturbed about being called an ork.
Chance359
You know he might, sorry reflex. changing as we speak
thearistocrat
Care Packages

Chance359 / Cord

[ Spoiler ]

Mickle5 / Silas

[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan / Christophe

[ Spoiler ]

Mickle5125
Yay! Silas isn't forced to rely on broken bottles for control over his section of the street. How wonderful.
Chance359
Kord's level 2 contact:
[ Spoiler ]
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jul 15 2009, 01:44 AM) *
Yay! Silas isn't forced to rely on broken bottles for control over his section of the street. How wonderful.

"Unorthodox missiles such as pens have a base Damage Code of (one-half adept's Strength, rounded
down)L. Impact armor resists damage from these attacks. Items with an edge or point inflict Physical damage."

Oh Silas, when won't you be throwing weighted playing cards at people that do (3)L physical damage each? I'll call the range table 5/10/15/20/25 meters.

I spent some time thinking about it. If you want to throw multiple cards at a time in a fashion similar to full-auto; I'll allow up to 5 to be thrown as a complex action. But only because you have such nimble fragging fingers.
Mister Juan
@thearistocrat
This is by far the very worst deck I've ever seen wink.gif It's going to be hilarious! Can't wait to start!
thearistocrat
The IC is up. Once you enter the shack, you'll get a stuffer shack map & description.
Hudson
One last question before I post Achill that just occured to me: Are skillsofts part of the 'ware (because I bought some for the PC) or should I strike them and rely on the contents of the care package?
Mister Juan
@thearistocrat
Are you going to make a seperate thread for the OOC chatter?
Or are we going to use this thread instead?

Hudson
Ah, I see I'm too late and the game has already begun. My bad. Please disregard my last post as it has thus become irrelevant.

Have a fun game, everyone! smile.gif
Shard
Hi there. I'm new to the Shadowrun world, I've just started to play a game on DumpShock (Way of the Yen) but have never tabletopped. I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around SR4 rules and such and am not sure I'm up for jumping into SR3 chargen headfirst. But if you're going meta game enough to have a role that needs filled but no player to fill it, and happen to have a pre-generated character laying around, I'd totally be up for attempting to breath some life into it. If not, no worries.
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 15 2009, 08:35 PM) *
@thearistocrat
Are you going to make a seperate thread for the OOC chatter?
Or are we going to use this thread instead?

I figured that this thread is fine for OOC talk. It also has character sheets & bios already. Also, for those pedestrians wondering about how to get to the shack, 2059 ork taxis run 24 hours a day or maybe your guest drove a vehicle over. Either way, the Seattle rains never seem to hold back for long.

thearistocrat
QUOTE (Shard @ Jul 15 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Hi there. I'm new to the Shadowrun world, I've just started to play a game on DumpShock (Way of the Yen) but have never tabletopped. I'm still trying to get my brain wrapped around SR4 rules and such and am not sure I'm up for jumping into SR3 chargen headfirst. But if you're going meta game enough to have a role that needs filled but no player to fill it, and happen to have a pre-generated character laying around, I'd totally be up for attempting to breath some life into it. If not, no worries.

Sure, I have a guy you can play.

General Character Concept
[ Spoiler ]
Shard
Love it! I'm something of a samurai freak, myself wink.gif

I have a handle on most of the chrome and 'ware from the names, but what is D. Sheath Ruthenium?

Name: Reese Teranil, but has recently started going by Shuko as a street name.
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 140 lbs.

I'll toss some ideas around in my head for contacts and watch the IC post for an intro. I suppose a Yakuza contact for level 2 wouldn't be so out of the question. Hmm...

Thanks for the spot!
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Shard @ Jul 16 2009, 12:23 AM) *
Love it! I'm something of a samurai freak, myself wink.gif

I have a handle on most of the chrome and 'ware from the names, but what is D. Sheath Ruthenium?

Name: Reese Teranil, but has recently started going by Shuko as a street name.
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 140 lbs.

I'll toss some ideas around in my head for contacts and watch the IC post for an intro. I suppose a Yakuza contact for level 2 wouldn't be so out of the question. Hmm...

Thanks for the spot!

"Dermal sheathing combines the latest advances in dermal
plating technology with a semi-synthetic skin sheath. The result
is protection that is smoother and less bulky than standard dermal
plating, with greater self-regenerative capability.

Some dermal sheaths use a technology derived from ruthenium
polymers, allowing the sheath to change across a wide
array of colors through a low-level electric charge. The color display
is facilitated by built-in expert logic circuitry. It can use input
from imaging scanners to match the sheath to its owner's surroundings
for a camouflage effect, or it can display text or images
input from linked sources such as headware memory.

Game Effects
The dermal sheath boosts the character's Body Attribute
by a number of points equal to the sheath's rating plus 1; for
example, Rating 2 sheathing adds 3 points. It also provides
impact armor equal to one-half the rating, rounded up.

Sheaths composed of ruthenium work exactly as described
under ruthenium polymers (p. 114). The logic circuits are DNIequipped,
so coloration can change with a mental command
(thiS requires a Simple Action). Words and images from a linked
source can also be displayed, in the event a character wishes to
make a statement with his skin. Imaging scanners can be
implanted or worn externally and linked by datajack."

It allows you to take a lot of extra damage without the bulky look of dermal plating. Your particular version came without a scanner but with a large palette of (meta)human flesh tones that you can choose between. It is one of your 'ware systems that allows you to hide your racial metatype when working in conjunction with hair growth (or in your case, no-growth) bioware.
Mister Juan
@thearistocrat
In case it wasn't totaly clear this is the gear Christophe is bringing with him.
-Armored clothing
-Lighter
-Holdout Pistol (no extra clip)
-Flat head screwdriver (from his tool kit)
-music player with headphones
-2 doses of Nova Coke
-Enough UCAS$ to buy some toilet paper and other stuff.
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 16 2009, 05:06 AM) *
@thearistocrat
In case it wasn't totaly clear this is the gear Christophe is bringing with him.
-Armored clothing
-Lighter
-Holdout Pistol (no extra clip)
-Flat head screwdriver (from his tool kit)
-music player with headphones
-2 doses of Nova Coke
-Enough UCAS$ to buy some toilet paper and other stuff.

Sounds good, though replace the UCAS$ with a level 1 standard credstick (500 nuyen, whatever fake name you want). The stuffer shack isn't the kind of place that would take paper money; in fact, they would likely call lone star if you tried to pay with it and failed the requisite negotiation rolls.

I'm also assuming that Pixie has a vehicle, and she drove it over to your place. It appears as though she took her purse into the bathroom with her.

@Shard

I made a mistake on his sheet with regard to etiquette specialization. I think this will be more useful since nobody else has the corporate touch.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (thearistocrat @ Jul 16 2009, 01:19 AM) *
I'm also assuming that Pixie has a vehicle, and she drove it over to your place. It appears as though she took her purse into the bathroom with her.

Considering Pixie is more of the go-ganger crowd, I was sort of assuming she'd have a bike.... which Christophe doesn't know how to ride.
So yea... unless the SS is REALLY far, he's planning on walking.
Mister Juan
Food Fight!
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 17 2009, 06:18 AM) *
Food Fight!

Alright buddy, you just got a +1 modifier to all the secret "splatter" table rolls for this scene. Good thing the toilet paper is covered in a protective plastic sheath, at least it will stay clean.

Shard
I thought getting taken out by playing cards would be the worst hit to your street cred around, but maybe it'd be the frozen stuffer weiner missiles that would really do it.
thearistocrat
Hey Read This If You Are Playing In The Game

I thought about the best way to do it, and I decided that I'll roll your actions on invisiblecastle.com. Just make your roll declarations in this thread, and I'll post back with the results. That way when you critically glitch / win game, we can all see it.
Chance359
Cord is going to walk away from the kid, heading to the back of the store, as soon as he's out of sight, I roll stealth: 5 to dodge where the kid cant see me.
Shard
Hmm, things could get a might bit interesting if Shuko happens to notice a dwarf sneaking about.
Mister Juan
Christophe is trying to spot any cameras... looking for an aisle that isn't properly covered.
Yes, his plan is to steal shit nyahnyah.gif
thearistocrat
Chance359
Stealth from the brat to the back.

5d6.open(6) → [3,2,1,[6, 2],3]

[ Spoiler ]

Shard
[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan
No skill specified, rolling electronics at -2 dice for not quite being the skill you need in this situation. Also rolling knowledge: jackpoint locations, to see if any are found in your visual scan of the shack. Christophe would notice.

Search for Cameras
4d6.open(6) → [[6, 3],3,3,1]

[ Spoiler ]

Jackpoint Locations
4d6.open(6) → [2,2,3,[6, 6, 3]]

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Are there any aisles that don't seem to be covered by the cameras? Christophe is looking for something mildly valuable that he could pocket wink.gif
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 17 2009, 09:50 PM) *
Are there any aisles that don't seem to be covered by the cameras? Christophe is looking for something mildly valuable that he could pocket wink.gif

Christophe & Solid Snake Only
[ Spoiler ]
Mickle5125
Silas is going to try to get a quick read on the people in the Stuffer shack, and then is going to make his way on through the food aisles looking for something cheap and relatively edible while he avoids those who look troublesome.
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jul 18 2009, 02:46 AM) *
Silas is going to try to get a quick read on the people in the Stuffer shack, and then is going to make his way on through the food aisles looking for something cheap and relatively edible while he avoids those who look troublesome.

Looks like your plan to avoid the troublesome folks in the Stuffer Shack just took a turn for the worst...
Mickle5125
just confirming. Missile mastery means that I can hurt people with things that would otherwise not be painful, right?

So, for example, I could throw a pillow and do 3L damage, right?
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jul 18 2009, 04:44 AM) *
just confirming. Missile mastery means that I can hurt people with things that would otherwise not be painful, right?

So, for example, I could throw a pillow and do 3L damage, right?

Correct, but an object like a pillow is going to get a half-range modifier because of its non-aerodynamic nature. An adept can almost break the laws of physics, but aerodynamics and air-resistance are some of the hardest rules physics has.
Shard
I guess Shuko'd be using some negotiation, perhaps with a side of area knowledge Renton to see if he can come up with an actual person to add a bit of creedence to his 'troll sam' name dropping.

Also, a little clarity if you please. You mentioned poor impulse control. Do you mean he's got low willpower and caves easily to something he shouldn't want or do? Or do you mean he's so wired from his augs that he's become a bit twitchy and trigger happy?
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Shard @ Jul 18 2009, 05:56 AM) *
I guess Shuko'd be using some negotiation, perhaps with a side of area knowledge Renton to see if he can come up with an actual person to add a bit of creedence to his 'troll sam' name dropping.

Also, a little clarity if you please. You mentioned poor impulse control. Do you mean he's got low willpower and caves easily to something he shouldn't want or do? Or do you mean he's so wired from his augs that he's become a bit twitchy and trigger happy?

First, we'll see if you can think of a good name for the troll samurai.

2d6.open(6) → [3,5]

You say that the troll owner is named Skull-Fragger. It's a good name, but they don't know it.

Seeing as these are not the bargaining type, your negotiate roll will be with 5 dice.

5d6.open(6) → [3,5,1,2,[6, 2]]

They agree to negotiate, in a way that only a ganger could appreciate. The samurai, at least you assume based on his bushido-laced speech, appears to have just challenged you to singles combat for control of the store. He also said several disparaging things about your honor & your patron.

Oh man, a singles combat challenge coming from a thug samurai spouting hypocritical bushido, will Shuko be able to resist? (willpower roll)

2d6.open(6) → [1,2]

vegm.gif I'll let you decided how to roleplay this, but you must accept his challenge & initiate combat with him in your next post. vegm.gif
Mister Juan
Christophe will use the "distraction" caused by the gangers to grab as many pills bottles from aisle 6 as he can.
He'll then try to make himself as small as possible... and try to hide behind the shelves wink.gif
Shard
Good times, sir.

Not sure how defense works in this game, but if others start firing, his first exit plan includes dashing/diving down a nearby aisle.
thearistocrat
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 18 2009, 06:38 AM) *
Christophe will use the "distraction" caused by the gangers to grab as many pills bottles from aisle 6 as he can.
He'll then try to make himself as small as possible... and try to hide behind the shelves wink.gif

Two stealth rolls at 3 dice each. The first for how well you stuff pills in your jacket, and the second for how well you hide in the shelves. Unfortunately for you, aisle 6 is perpendicular to the cash register where both the shotgun-wielding character & the faux-samurai are standing. Hope Christophe is good at hiding...

Stealth: Stealing pills and putting them in your jacket.
3d6.open(6) → [5,4,[6, 6, 5]]

Ahem, you steal the pills. All of them; you have stolen all of the pills. Your jacket is making a sloshing noise, the unmistakably noise of hundreds of pills.

Base values before fence modification
Unrefined pills: 500 nuyen
Refined pills (street drugs): 1500 nuyen

Stealth: Hiding without any cover...
3d6.open(6) → [5,[6, 6, 5],[6, 5]]

Yeah um, I'm just going to pretend your under an improved invisibility spell for the next 3 rounds or until you alert people to your presence.

You got real lucky this time, a bit too lucky for my taste...
Mister Juan
QUOTE (thearistocrat @ Jul 18 2009, 02:01 AM) *
You got real lucky this time, a bit too lucky for my taste...

Well hey! I'm not even rolling the dices! biggrin.gif
I guess Invisible Castle loves me nyahnyah.gif

Let us simply say that Christophe is:
1- Not extremely tall
2- Very skinny
3- Everyone is probably looking into another direction
4- Aisle 6 is big wink.gif

I'll have IC up later today (I need to crash and it's like 4am...).
If need be, Christophe pretty much plans on staying hidden... and waiting to see how things unfold.
thearistocrat
Tomorrow afternoon-ish (america time), I'll start the combat with the first initiative pass being faux samurai versus Shuko only. After that, all players will get an initiative roll and then IC posts will go in order posted based on an initiative list.

A player will have up to three days to make his combat post; after three day, it will be assumed that the player picked "delay action" and is moved to the back of the initiative list. Combat continues until all gangers have fled, been incapacitated or killed.

You don't have to engage in shooting if you don't want to (except for Shuko). Some players may want to ransack the store in the chaos or even steal paydata (shame on you). I'll post a map of everyone's position; enemies may get attacks of opportunity if you try to run past / through them on the map. All NPCs will be on the map and all non-combative characters will take occasional action...

Chance359
Cord's perception test: 5

Throwing (grenades): 4, plus 3 from combat pool
thearistocrat
Sorry for being Bad GM, real life attacked me. I'll try & have the combat starting on Wednesday.
thearistocrat
Sorry for being Bad GM, real life attacked me. I'll try & have the combat starting on Wednesday.
Mickle5125
'salright. life's kicked me in the face, too.
thearistocrat
Slicer dicer 3d6+6 [5,1,5,6] = (17)

Shuko 2d6+11 [2,3,11] = (16)

Sorry chummer, the wanna-be samurai has been augmented.

The IC will reflect this shortly.

@Shuko

Do you want to spend any of your combat pool to dodge? It appears the samurai is charging you with his katana drawn.
Shard
It seems that would be a good idea. Take me half 'n half I suppose.
Chance359
*pokes with stick*
Mickle5125
*lurks in the background with a cup full of sporks*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012