Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Dice Pools?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tete
I found a social dice pool buried in the SR2 Companion. (INT+CHA)/2 to add to negotiations and such. Are there such things in SR3? What are all of the RAW dicepools and what book would I find them in? Thanks!
Maelstrome
sr3 companion had an athletics pool, soicial pool,dodge pool, and im thinking a technical pool.dont quote me on this i may be wrong.
Mercer
I never really got the expanded dice pools in the companion (but then I had a lot of problems with the companions). Combat Pool I got, because it was used for attack and defense and it was generally important how you used it. But Social Pool-- from what I vaguely recall from the many, many years ago I looked at it-- was there any reason not to just throw all your dice into the opening negotiation?
Link
The counter-offer? ;)

I would've quoted Maelstrome but after a quick search of SRC3 I couldn't find mention of the pools. Were they only in SRC2? (I'll see if I can find my copy of that.)
Stahlseele
SR3 has:
Combat Pool.
Spell Pool.
Task Pool.
Vehicle Pool.
I am at work, no nothing here.
There MIGHT be a Hacking-Pool.
Traul
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 9 2009, 02:53 PM) *
There MIGHT be a Hacking-Pool.

IIRC, only for for hot SIM.
Maelstrome
makes me wonder where i got them from. i looked through sr3 comp and didnt find any mention of them. i never played second edition or have any sr2 books, so i dont know for sure where. i might have got it from the old dumpshock archive.
Mercer
I think they were in the SR2 Companion, because that was the first one I looked at. My group's decision not to adopt most of the rules from that book is the main reason none of us picked it up for SR3.
Pendaric
perhapes the extra dice gained from tailored pheromones or Kinetics? Otherwise not actual social pool in SR3
Stahlseele
In SR3, Tailored Pheromones actually directly added to your Charisma Attribute.
I don't exactly know what Kinetics did, but i think it was nonverbal communication.
Link
The optional pools from the first SR Companion (p48 in the skills & training chapter) are;
Athletics (QIK + STR /2)
Social (CHA + INT /2)
Dodge (transfer 1/2 Combat pool to Dodge pool)

The stated intention is to provide pools to characters whose primary skills have no associated pool.
Pendaric
In SR3, Tailored Pheromones actually directly added to your Charisma Attribute.
I don't exactly know what Kinetics did, but i think it was nonverbal communication.

Also added to social skills dice pools. Looks like Link has nailed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012