Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Non-prime runner NPCs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Andinel
I'm working on starting up a SR4 game, and if I want to make NPCs that aren't prime runners, how many build points should I use for them? The ones in the SR4A book seem to range anywhere from 290 to 370, so I have no idea how I would do it myself.
paws2sky
To my knowledge, there is no firm guideline.

I suggest saving yourself a headache and playing it fast and loose: give them as many points as they need to do what it is they do.

-paws

PS Alternatively, play it even faster and looser: assign them dice pools for each of the actions they're likely to perform and don't sweat the minutiae.
Meatbag
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Jul 9 2009, 09:46 PM) *
To my knowledge, there is no firm guideline.

I suggest saving yourself a headache and playing it fast and loose: give them as many points as they need to do what it is they do.

-paws

PS Alternatively, play it even faster and looser: assign them dice pools for each of the actions they're likely to perform and don't sweat the minutiae.

This.

Keep in mind that, on average, 3 dice= 1 hit, the book uses 4 as cushioning. That should give you an idea of the pools required to challenge your runners.

Contacts and Adventures also has a slew of stat-blocks that provide healthy baseline.

If you have specific NPCs in mind, you could always post ideas here (along with the die pools of your runners) and let us brew up some.
Backgammon
Don't use BPs to build NPCs. Unless the number-cruncher in you wants to as an exercise of fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012