Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If this is the Battletech 25th...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cardul
For Battletech players, the Unseen are being brought back, they are getting their first computer game in years being announced officially, they are getting a great artbook and the first personalities book in 10 years(and that is just what we know about!). For their 20th, all they got was a decal and a hardbound Master Rules.

So, if this is what Battletech is getting for its 25th, when we are getting a special 20th anniversary corebook, the Seatle 2072, and the Dawn of the Artifacts. I am SOOO epacting the Shadowrun 25th Anniversary to blow the socks, feet, and lower legs off of Battletech's!
Prime Mover
It's really making me want to start playing BT again.
Mirilion
I hope that by 2014, the world will awaken. Either that or a good shadowrun computer game, Fallout 3 style.
Stahlseele
Ahem, they just told us that the COMPLETE MECHWARRIOR 4 STUFF will be released for free by MekTek . . Who are, by the way, still working on MekPek4 . . and of course, there is still MWLL out there . . yes, i think this will be a good time for MechTechs ^^
Furthermore, remember, that Sith and Twinker licensed the Rights to do electronic Stuff with the Shadowrun IP. Soo . . maybe they will get together with Piranha Games again and do something about that?
Or maybe they will be nice and get the SRO MMO that was cancelled by MicroSucks up and running again?
Aaron
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 9 2009, 04:07 PM) *
Ahem, they just told us that the COMPLETE MECHWARRIOR 4 STUFF will be released for free by MekTek . . Who are, by the way, still working on MekPek4

That's MekNelwyn4, you insensitive Daikini!
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Aaron @ Jul 10 2009, 01:11 AM) *
That's MekNelwyn4, you insensitive Daikini!

I beg your Pardon good Sir? O.o
Mirilion
Can anyone run the posts above through an appropriate linguasoft ? I don't understand one word in twenty. Except MicroSucks, I understood that.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Mirilion @ Jul 9 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Can anyone run the posts above through an appropriate linguasoft ? I don't understand one word in twenty. Except MicroSucks, I understood that.

Pek, Daikini and Nelwyn are all terms from the Movie "Willow"
BookWyrm
I've been playing the VWE simulator's at a friend's place, and if you have NEVER done so, you've been denying yourself a ear-splitting, heart-thumping, visceral experience.

The main site is HERE. With the pods going to private ownership a while ago, it may take a while for you to fins someone close to you with working pods.

It's been many a moon since I played the tabletop version of BT (one of these days, I'll have to get my Vulture miniature assembled), but the Tesla pods are just fine with me. I've been semi-keeping up with the BT universe, so I know all about the "Unseen". I hope they get to port them into the VWE game; I'd love to stalk through the Colluseum map in a Marauder or Marauder II!
Dumori
Wait I can get MechWorrior4 for free =D *glee*
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Dumori @ Jul 9 2009, 10:41 PM) *
Wait I can get MechWorrior4 for free =D *glee*

This will be GRAND! Yup! I got a new laptop and with 256MB of dedicated video ram (yes I am a cheap bastard), I am REALLY going to have some fun!
Stahlseele
You know, i did not even think about trying to run that on my laptop O.o
thank you for that nice idea ^^
Valrus
I'm surprised nobody linked this:

Ign Interview with trailers
Stahlseele
ahem . . *points to sticky and general gaming*
TBRMInsanity
QUOTE (Mirilion @ Jul 9 2009, 04:06 PM) *
I hope that by 2014, the world will awaken. Either that or a good shadowrun computer game, Fallout 3 style.

If you read the interview that IGN did, they said that they are going to make a Shadowrun game that is true to the books (like this game is true to the CBT books). I would expect something to be announced either in 2011 or 2012 (mmmm that date seems to ring a bell for some reason... must be coincidence).
Valrus
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 10 2009, 02:55 PM) *
ahem . . *points to sticky and general gaming*

Ah, I usually avoid general sections and gloss over Stickies. grinbig.gif
BookWyrm
I just saw the ticker on G4's ATOS, and it said that the company is releasing MW4 and all expansions....for free. :O
Cardul
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 9 2009, 05:07 PM) *
Or maybe they will be nice and get the SRO MMO that was cancelled by MicroSucks up and running again?

Please tell me you are NOT talking about that...that...THING that was the FPS Tournement like setting...I am sorry, but that thing should NEVER have been made.
Microsoft really seemed to think(I know there is an interview out there where the head f FASA Interactive devision said it) that the fans "would not care about the changes."

Personally, I would like a WoW like MMO, but with a more free form system(or, maybe, actually using the SR4 system)
Naysayer
I think he's rather referring to the unkindly aborted MMO a bunch of indie-devs tried to cook up on their own.
You'll probably find the full story somewhere in the depths of the net, but in short, the story went thus:
-Some dedicated fans begin development of a MMO type Shadowrun game.
-Time passes.
-More time passes.
-Microsoft greenlights "Project Abomination", the "Shadowrun"-FPS. Someone at HQ gets wind of the MMO. And of the fact that none of the bright kids that work at the thing even bothered to check back with the party holding the rights to any Shadowrun related electronic media. Microsoft decides to take the only really juristically viable option, plays the Corporate Asshat Card, and shuts the MMO project down.
-Outrage & Disappointment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012