Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4A FOR SALE ON EBAY
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Radical-B
if only I hadn't bought a new leatherman instead

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shadowrun-20TH-Anniver...93%3A1|294%3A50
LurkerOutThere
Wow, i'm not going to support scalping, but then again I'm going to Gencon so i'm guaranteed a copy and i've already bought the digital off Drivethru.
Cardul
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 14 2009, 04:45 AM) *
Wow, i'm not going to support scalping, but then again I'm going to Gencon so i'm guaranteed a copy and i've already bought the digital off Drivethru.

Aff...I have it and the Limited Edition(which, judging by Battleshop, they still do not know what the cover is) on pre-order, I will be getting them, likely shortly after gencon, myself. I expect we will get them within a week of Gencon(which is only 31 days away! Yay!).
DireRadiant
I think this is against TOS
Prime Mover
Book was a legal buy at Origins it says in info section.
Kingboy
Thank you for once again reinforcing my general feelings that were every eBay seller on the planet to spontaneously combust en masse I'd feel little aside from a momentary annoyance at the sudden yet passing rise in global ambient temperature.

Too bad there's no way to know which day this was purchased at Origins...if there were definitive proof that it was Saturday, me and the nailbat might have had to make a surprise visit to Westfield.
darthmord
I intensely dislike scalpers. At least I know my money is going to a good place as I've got my goodies on order via Battlecorps. I'd rather it go to them than some scalper.
Ancient History
Hell's bells, have you seen how much Runner Havens is going for now that it's out of print? I could have sold my comp copies and doubled my money on that book.
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (darthmord @ Jul 14 2009, 10:57 AM) *
I intensely dislike scalpers. At least I know my money is going to a good place as I've got my goodies on order via Battlecorps. I'd rather it go to them than some scalper.

*shrug* I've seen worse. There is a Buy It Now on this that is only $10 more than retail, and the shipping is more than reasonable. I wouldn't call this fellow much more of a scalper than Catalyst themselves for selling it at Origins in the first place. Personally I'm a bit disappointed, because it's a very pretty book, but purchasing it would break my moral stance of not paying for errata. I was totally stoked about it until the changes document came out.
knasser
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Jul 14 2009, 05:11 PM) *
*shrug* I've seen worse. There is a Buy It Now on this that is only $10 more than retail, and the shipping is more than reasonable. I wouldn't call this fellow much more of a scalper than Catalyst themselves for selling it at Origins in the first place. Personally I'm a bit disappointed, because it's a very pretty book, but purchasing it would break my moral stance of not paying for errata. I was totally stoked about it until the changes document came out.

Don't know how you think of this issue and not telling you how to either, but you could buy it because it's a beautiful book with nice fiction, awesome artwork, and it happens to come with free errata. It is the Twentieth Anniversary! biggrin.gif

And I'm with the people who dislike this sale. If this was bought by someone as one of the limited copies available at a convention, then they're making their money by denying someone who genuinely wanted to own the book from getting their copy.
Malachi
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jul 14 2009, 10:05 AM) *
Hell's bells, have you seen how much Runner Havens is going for now that it's out of print? I could have sold my comp copies and doubled my money on that book.

Runner Havens is out of print? I'm glad I got a copy of it now. I bought it just last week and didn't have a problem finding one.
Ancient History
Yup. Can't buy it direct anymore, it's your FLGS or this or this.
Cardul
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jul 14 2009, 01:59 PM) *
Yup. Can't buy it direct anymore, it's your FLGS or this or this.

So...Hong Kong is no longer a core setting, and only Seattle will be from now on? I liked the idea of there being two different defaults frown.gif
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Cardul @ Jul 14 2009, 08:36 PM) *
So...Hong Kong is no longer a core setting, and only Seattle will be from now on? I liked the idea of there being two different defaults frown.gif

Hong Kong is a core setting, along with Neo-Tokyo, LA, Lagos, and Chicago. The book is still available via PDF if you cannot find a print copy. It's just that reprints are unlikely (traditionally, "fluff" books only have 1 printing).
Bull
You can generally stiill find copies if you look hard enough. Plednty of game stores and book stores are going to have it backstocked.

And i can't imagine ebay prices staying high for long. That was likely a fluke. Chances are you'll be able to find a copy soon for half price or less on there. Hell, I've seen copies of Lone Star sell for under $20 in the last few years, and that was one of the pricier SR books for a long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012