Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torchwood - Children of Earth = Shadowrun Inspiration
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Synner667
I'm partway through the 5 episode storyline of Torchwood: Children of Earth [alien hunters on Earth, for those not in the know] and it's striking so many chords in what a good Cyberpunk plot/mission should have - ignoring the alien element.

There's conspiracies and coverups
Double crossing
Planning
Infiltration of military compounds
Teamwork
Gunfights
Using contacts
Realising the Good Guys aren't necessarily the Good Guys, because they're the ones acting like Bad Guys
Being on the run
Being the target for hit squads
The ways people can be tracked
Gangs
Piecing together of what's going on - before they get dead.

And with a bit of work, the Urban SciFi element is there, too.

Global conspiracy
Things Man Was Not Meant To Know
People with unusual abilities
High Tech goodies

Highly recommended !!

Draco18s
The mini series was all about the UK Government trying to kill Jack. Had the show skipped that bit it would have made a nice two parter that didn't leave me with the distinct feeling of "BBC is trying to kill the show."
crash2029
Whilst I lament the death of the show, I readily admit that the miniseries is fodder for 'runs. Especially why the aliens want the children.

[ Spoiler ]
Draco18s
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Jul 16 2009, 05:24 PM) *
Whilst I lament the death of the show, I readily admit that the miniseries is fodder for 'runs. Especially why the aliens want the children.

'Tis good fodder, I do agree.

I just wanted to see more Jack.

And now I feel like I've emasculated myself or something. But damn, that man has looks.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 17 2009, 04:25 AM) *
'Tis good fodder, I do agree.

I just wanted to see more Jack.

And now I feel like I've emasculated myself or something. But damn, that man has looks.

He sings too.

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 17 2009, 02:28 AM) *

A fair amount, it seems, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012