Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serious questions for erratas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
...just wondered how it works. If i want a specific question answered by the officials, can i depend on the fact that some of them roam around here on the forum and answer it in a future errata, do i have to write a petition or how can i manage it? I think there are a lot of questions that seriously need to be answered. One big example:

"Stick n Shock - working against spirits?"
knasser
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jul 16 2009, 11:22 AM) *
...just wondered how it works. If i want a specific question answered by the officials, can i depend on the fact that some of them roam around here on the forum and answer it in a future errata, do i have to write a petition or how can i manage it? I think there are a lot of questions that seriously need to be answered. One big example:

"Stick n Shock - working against spirits?"

The devs do frequent the forums to greater or lesser degrees. Synner was notable in being willing to come in and explain things. Argue things vehemently too, some times. smile.gif

But they almost always state that their answers are personal ones, not official pronouncements. Synner was always quite explicit in stating that he didn't have the authority to make official pronouncements. Official errata appears in one place only - and that's published on the official sites.

That said, the ultimate authority in any group is the GM. For example, I see little reason why a creature with no nervous system should be affected by weapons that merely disrupt nervous systems such as Stun Batons and Stick N' Shock, and the RAW interpretation that they do is pretty ambiguous, so they don't work on spirits in my game. Ask your GM, basically. If you are the GM, ask yourself what suits you.

Hope that answers your question regarding official errata, anyway. If something is a particular issue, it might be worth dropping one of them a line and asking them to clarify it next time they release a FAQ or an errata. Such things appear without warning when least expected though. wink.gif

K.
Machiavelli
Then i have to wait and see what happens, i think. ^^ Thank you for your answer chummer.
knasser
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jul 16 2009, 12:47 PM) *
Then i have to wait and see what happens, i think. ^^ Thank you for your answer chummer.

Null perspiration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012